Sex Toy Testers: What have Lovehoney sent you?

i think it's a little silly to be jealous tbh, especially as we are all grown adults.

People will see what I have received via my review blog. I will fairly test and write a review on the basis of what I have experienced with a product. Ask me and i shall tell :p

However, if the thread was started intentionally because someone felt left out, that's their issue not the issue of those receiving tester products. But if it was generally started as a sincere discussion, fair play.

Seems to me from the threads that the more you contribute to L/H their products and the site in general the more likely you are to become showered with testers..

x

rooster41 wrote:

Seems to me from the threads that the more you contribute to L/H their products and the site in general the more likely you are to become showered with testers..

x

lh do say this isn't a request. However, common sense would depict that those who put effort in, get effort out, would you not think?

We've had nothing :(

I think its because we're quite new to the site, they seem to give it to the people who have been on here a while and post a lot on this forum.

IT's a shame becasue we've just got a new camera and would be up for posting some pics of anyhting we recieved! he he

lh have sent to people with a low post count

took me ages to find out about the testers. i imagin if anyone did joyn just to be a tester they would often find themselves verry disappointed. i love the forum and the Oh! points system :)

im definately upset at the idea that i might have made people jelous seeing this thread. was purly out of curiosity and comeon- who doesnt love a freebe.

its lovely to know though that people are so community minded around here though and not wanting people to feel left out but as blueeyes says, were all grown adults. also, LH are sort of advatising the testers scheem on the forum page this month

Blueeyes82 wrote:

Oh great, thats good news, thanks for the reply Blueeyes

To be honest we were just speculating as to why we've been unlucky - fingers crossed for this round!

the_shrews wrote:

Blueeyes82 wrote:

To be honest we were just speculating as to why we've been unlucky - fingers crossed for this round!

It could be as you have only 2 reviews? I'm not saying it is, but Lh need to see what your review style is like etc to make sure the testers get sent to the right people.

Just keep updating your wishlist and crossing your fingers :)

the_shrews wrote:

Blueeyes82 wrote:

Agreed, even non posters have been given testers - you just don't hear about it as much! Good luck :)

Adx

Yep, it's Alice who co-ordinates, but I think what we most look for is regularity of reviews and review style (i.e. is the review actually helpful to the reader, does it contain the right mix of emotion and factual, is the person likely to give an honest, unbiased opinion), as well as the sort of toys they've expressed interest in. A lot of the time it's luck of the draw, and I'm pretty certain forum involvement isn't a pre-requisite.

honest-emotion? don't look at the last review on my blog. I think shock horror springs to mind lol

Nope, you don't have to post lots or have lots of photos - the quality of your reviews and being swift and reliable is what counts. Testers are sent to people with hardly any forum posts and in some cases none at all - it's just that if they're not regular users they're less likely to hop on and shout about their latest tester.

The process is not done at random (as it's not a competition or prize draw) but it is as fair as we can make it. The selection is based on your previous reviews, the items we have available and who is most suitable to test them. It is NOT made on how much you post/how many photos you upload/how often you buy from Lovehoney/how much you spend.

nothing at all awwwww

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Sorry to be a killjoy, but we shouldn't really be talking about what Lh has sent us as testers. It ca cause jealousy throughout the community in a 'why have I not got anything yet?' (even though the testers are randomly picked) and it is generally not good as the forum is very big and many people may feel left out a bit for not recieving anything great yet. Also we don't want to go down the road of talking about tester items before they have been stocked or released by Lh, because that can cause prolems if Lh don't decide to stock it, and people feeling there is favouritism as there are people who get special products sometimes that are not stocked yet and not on the tester list.

There are other reasons too, I think, but I can't remember.

I generally say nothing about tester products I'm sent, and if I do talk about a product, I just talk about it as a product, and leave out that I was sent it as a tester. I know I talked much of the Happy Rabbit today, but it is a big buzz and advertising has started now. It's such a big thing that I think it's good to give people info on it. Everyone wants to know! But again, I'm not shouting that I was sent it as a tester. ........... Ok. Sorry folks. I just don't want people getting upset or envious over the testers.

I'm not jealous at all. :) I haven't recieved anything yet, but that's why I always post a review, which I hope is helpful and well rounded, of everything I buy, (and recently sent in another one when I changed my mind!) and I always update my Tester wish list when the items change. I don't blame LH for sending toys to people they know are going to give great reviews, they're a company that needs to make money after all :D. I'm just going to wait patiently and hopefully I'll get a surprise package at some point :D

2 Likes

If people aren't sure on 'how to write a detailed review', why not pop over to the below thread;

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/erotic-fiction/30847-orgasm-army-bloggers/

Have a look at how the bloggers write a review

I'd love to be a tester just on a limited income I have to really pick and choose the toys I get and when. I've written a few reviews and I'll sit and hope the chance of being a tester finally comes my way.

I really hope for a book Alice, I would have it read within days! Or some lingerie it all looks great and I haven't had a tester sent for a long time! :)

I've been spoiled by LH with products to test. They always seem to match what we are currently into and have never really had a failed testing!

I think the addiiton of the wish list rather than asking is a brilliant idea and has made it more targeted.

1 Like

I have been lucky in the past also and have recieved a few things to review, i've currently got a bit of time spare in the next few weeks so am looking at updating my reviews due to the longer time i've been using them to see if my opinions of the items have changed.

1 Like

Last thing was a bondage set (plus a couple of thousand points for the review :) ) back in November.