Sex while pregnant

Hiya

Im a newbie to this wonderful site, and still getting accquainted and finding many areas of interest.

I do however have a question... im currently 19 weeks pregnant and sex has taken a somewhat " safe" route for the moment instead of the normal kinkyness that we would do. I dont know if in part this is due to extreme tiredness and a subconscious awareness of the baby being in there...... but i am missing the fun... any suggestions on how to keep the spark alive without going ott? We love toys and bondage, masasge and different positions... just unsure what is best avioded atm....?

Hey!

Welcome to the forums, first off, and I hope we'll be seeing you around in furute! =)

Sex shouldn't have to be forgone during pregnancy at all... In fact, doctors actually recommend it to ease stress and level out hormones. A lot of people also believe that this will strengthen the relationship of the family when the baby is born.

Massage should be perfectly fine! It's not going to harm you or the baby unless he starts hammering into your belly! In fact, I'd say a nice sensual massage or a warm bath together (if you have a big enough tub) would be great to relax you and ease the strain on your muscles. Oral and finger play should also do you no harm, likewise with casual toy play. Obviously you don't want to be going crazy inside you with a 12 inch vibrator, though!

It's not recommended to use internal vibrators during pregnancy a lot of the time, however massagers are well and good, as should be cock rings and dildos. Be gentle with anything you do use, obviously. If something feels uncomfortable for you, you should probably trust your instincts!

As for sex and bondage, nothing's stopping you! Provided your partner is not giving you a "bruise me" pounding, this won't have any effect at all. He cannot hit or damage the baby just with his penis, suffice to say! Bondage, of course, is also fine, just make sure you're comfortable! Positions are the only real issue I think you may find! If you're still small enough, you can try cowgirl or reverse cowgirl, or even missionary. He could also quite easily take you gently from behind, or spooning is always a good idea. Keep to what feels okay for you, as you don't want to strain your body... And he doesn't have to tip-toe about it, just understand that you're a little more fragile than normal!

I recommend getting a lot of massaging in there while you have the chance! Massage candles, vibrating massagers and edible body paint could all be nice romantic fun while you're pregnant, and you could also stick to bondage and tickle-and-tease games! Even playing with ice cubes or talking dirty to eachother could be fun!

I hope you manage to find the spark through the next few months! It's good for you to keep your spirits up!

Take care! x

when I was pregnant the first time I still had a sex drive and possitions do get more difficult the bigger that you get, but I would just say experiment, dont do anything that you find uncomfy, if you are using toys make sure that they are clean to try and avoid any infections (as you probably would normally) and try to relax.

At the end of pregnancy sperm can help trigger a hormonal reaction which can start of labour, it is the only old wives tale that isn't just a tale.

some of booties ideas are really good so I wont repeat any of that.

With my second pregnancy I had to many problems we just didnt do it for about 6 months of it.

My labour was brought on by me having sex and we didn't stop the entire time he just had to listen to me as to what I wanted to prevent any discomfort but until the bump gets in the way there shouldn't be too many issues just listen to your body and make sure he listens to you.

We didn't have much sex through the first trimester, as she had really bad morning sickness. Once this wore off though, the second trimester was great! Didn't really get that far into the third, as out little chap came along 6 weeks early.

Thanks everyone for your input :D

I agree with your suggestions Bootles... when i was pregnant the last time, I was like a cat on hot bricks and couldnt get enough sex, amy time, anywhere... when i got bigger, positions had to alter due to the bump being in the way but it wasnt too much of a problem.

This time round however i seem to have gone off penetrative sex which is upseting my oh..... he has mentioned that since ive become pregnant he cant get full penetration and that my vaginal canal feels different when he is in there and he feels is if he is being clamped. I think part of this could be coming from my psychological state as in i dont feel the urge to have him in there.

I would be happy just doing all the other things like massages with scented oils, candles, rose petals, bondage, baths and showers, lots of oral etc... and then if feel like it penetration...The problem is he feels that sex MUST have penetration and because i have gone off this , it is making him feel as if i have gone off him !! My boobs are extremely sore just now and he alwasy makes a bee line for my nipples,.... lately i have been cosntantly removing his hands from there and have tried to explain why but he gets frustrated whcih inturn makes me frustrated lol....

i think i will try going down the avenue of lots of foreplay, ( icant wear my outfits anymore as im too big lol), massages, etc adn explore the sensual side more and take it from there...... heres hoping things improve lol

Midnight Hour- im glad sex worked for you and put u into labour... my first baby was late and we had sex constantly, i bounced on my brith ball, ate curries and pineapple etc an still ended up having to be induced as it seemed my baby was way too comfy in the womb lol

lol Just give him never ending blow jobs... I don't know many men who complain about that ;)

images of you over due bouncing on a ball :p

Never ending blow jobs.... id never get rid of the bugger pmsl ! xx

See!!! We've already discussed showing how sore a bit nipple is!!

Green eyed here and jealous lol. Honestly, I still want to have sex and do the 'exciting bits' but skin is now ridiculously sensitive so sucking and biting has to be gentle. Massage is great, as are blowjobs but at 31 weeks I feel really sick if I roll over! Enjoy what you can, whilst you can :D

im tempted.. very tempted lol

Rowan... the only way he will get a bj when im 31 weeks is if he is the one doing the bending or else i will sit on the bed properd up by pillows and he can get himslef into werid positions so the angle is right for a bj... will be funny if nothing else hehehe xxx

Kinkywings wrote:

Rowan... the only way he will get a bj when im 31 weeks is if he is the one doing the bending or else i will sit on the bed properd up by pillows and he can get himslef into werid positions so the angle is right for a bj... will be funny if nothing else hehehe xxx

as someone who knows you "outside the forum" you have just cracked me up!!!!!

occhiverdi wrote:

lol Just give him never ending blow jobs... I don't know many men who complain about that ;)

Apparently some men dont enjoy blowjobs. And some women find that oral sex is boring for them as well to recieve. I have a friend like that.

Kinkywings: I guess he cannot fully understand the hormonal changes which are occuring in womans body during both the circle and pregnancy. I know how that feels. Have that sometimes before my period. And my OH loves my breasts, but he stays away when I tell him its even painful to have nipples played with. But then you can suggest other activities, massages, etc.It is about finding balance what would do for 2, neither side should do what they are not really up to, especially if it feels really uncomfortable and I believe that the current situation is only temporary, although it can seem like forever for your OH. Sex is not only about penatration. There are many ways of enjoying it. Even a handjob can be interesting, especially if you do it when standing behind him and reach round. My OH loved that. I hope you can sort something out.

To be honest, as amazing as I'm sure the guy is, it sounds like he doesn't understand quite how hard this is for you! Perfectly understandable of course, but you should definitely sit down for a cuddle on the sofa and have a talk with him. Explain that you still emotionally want to have sex with him, but the baby hormones are making you want penetration less... And leave him in nipple clamps over night... ;D

Maybe it could be good to try mutual masturbation or similar? This way he still gets relief and you release those lovely happy hormones... It might even get you more in the mood!

I totally second the notion of lots of blowjobs, and maybe a stroker sleeve? Could tide him by until the days you do feel in the mood!

Laveila wrote:

occhiverdi wrote:

Apparently some men dont enjoy blowjobs. And some women find that oral sex is boring for them as well to recieve. I have a friend like that.

I'm not a huge fan or receiving oral =P

whats a stroker sleeve? sorry for my ignorance lol xxx

Lol. I'm fortunate to apparently be fairly neat! Not expected to bend much though. Contortionist blowjobs sound interesting , equally fortunately I enjoyed mild nipple torture before.

Booties wrote:

Laveila wrote:

occhiverdi wrote:

I'm not a huge fan or receiving oral =P

Hehehe. I actually met a guy on another forum, who said he does not like receiving oral either, although he is more than happy to give it and enjoys that External Media

Kinkywings wrote:

whats a stroker sleeve? sorry for my ignorance lol xxx

Somethign like this: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16558

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=13190

If you look in the male toy section you find a lot of examples.

Thanks Laveila.. i like the look of them.. i will look into buying one :D xx