Shaving pubes

Ok guys (sorry girls but this is only aimed at half the forum. I guess you might be able to put in your 5 pence worth)

I already trim my pubes with an electric body hair groomer but would really like to go completely bald. The groomer has a foil attachment which I tried on my chest and just leaves stubble! Not the look I'm after! I have enough trouble as it is shaving my face with out ending up looking like an extra in a horror film. What tips can anyone give me?

Hi RP

Having recently started to shave the pubes, I started by cutting them short with a pair of scissors, it seemed logically at 3am. I then progressed to using a wet shave, using shaving gel for sensitive skin and good quality razor. Was impressed by the results.

Now when in the shower, I now keep the stubble at bay as don't want the OH to get stubble rash.

Currently not man enough to try wax, i believe from other threads it is possible but likely to be sore.(My OH has warned me against wax as well)

I do my shaving in the shower, the constant running water helps to keep the shaver from clogging,

When it comes to shaving pubes i would go with a slighlty dull blade, as personaly i dont like cutting myself down there its itchy enough.

If you havnt gone bald down there before i will warn you, it will itch like hell! its like a million times worse than any rash!!!!

As for the actually shaving, try to flatten the skin out, pull down on your ..emm. business so that the skin becomes more flat then shave upwards.

This is how i go about it anyway :D

Me and my husband both go bald. Whatever you do, use a brand spanking new razor! Not a used one, you'll get such bad ingrown hairs you'll never want to shave again!

I've found that shaving rash does get better with time. I've been shaving for a few years now and it's very rare I get a rash anymore. I sit on the edge of the bath and shave with shaving foam. Whereas my husband shaves while he's in the bath and then showers away the hair, he never seems to get shaving rash at all so this might be worth trying.

Another option would be investing in this product from LH http://m.lovehoney.co.uk/sex/better-sex-for-her/intimate-shaving/earthly-body-dare-to-be-bare-oil-shave-cream-combo/

This used to be sold separately and the little bottle that comes in that set had some fantastic reviews on it, I'm buying it with my next order. As long as you don't mind the pink bottle, I think it's a must for new shavers!

The only thing I can say is to make sure you moisturise straight after shaving! It will cut down the itch and rash and will be silky smooth for your Oh ;) x

MrsMcX wrote:

Me and my husband both go bald. Whatever you do, use a brand spanking new razor! Not a used one, you'll get such bad ingrown hairs you'll never want to shave again!

I think one thing is for sure and that is that everybody reacts differently to going completely bald. You can see that by the various replies you have had already.

For example I've never had problems with itch or ingrowing hairs. I've always used a razor and not alywas brand spanking new, sometimes in the shower with running water and sometimes outside with shaving gel (not shaving cream).

You'll need to experiment and find out what works best for you. For me a shaving gel shave gives the closes smoothest results and running water in the shower like WeeSteve is great for a twice / three times weekly trim.

Good luck and keep at it even if version 1 doesn't go to plan, try one of the other pieces of advice and you'll soon find something that works for you.

Ork wrote:

WeeSteve wrote:

If you havnt gone bald down there before i will warn you, it will itch like hell! its like a million times worse than any rash!!!!

It itches like hell, but its not that bad :P

last time i went bald down there i could have started a fire with the amount of friction generated by scratching!!

I shave regularly and have a tip that made a big difference for me.

Use a silicone lube instead of shaving gel. With a fresh blade (i use venus divine), i sit on the edge of the bath, and i have never cut myself, and i never get any irritation at all. It leaves me lovely and smooth.

I use a cheap razor, really cheap. They're throw away ones, and cheap 15p morrisons own brand of sensitive mens shaving foam. Never cut myself and i also stand up i the shower and do it, the OH however uses a really expensive razor and his renewable blades are rather expensive too and he just stands in the shower and shaves. I also used to have shaving rash before i started using the shaving foam im using, but since ive used it, not an itch :P

I never managed to get rid of shaving rash, even after years of doing it, although admittedly not consistantly. Ive tried moisturising, oils, new gilette fusion blades, expensive foams. Some things do reduce the risk of causing shaving burn or cutting yourself, and those things would be a new blade (Pref not cheap either) Using a good foam or gel (Not soap) Having a nice hot bath or shower to soften the hairs and the skin and not shaving against the grain until you are basically almost smooth from going with the grain. (Some people say never to shave against the grain or you risk worse ingorwn hairs, but I personally do it because just shaving with the grain still leaves me feeling stubbly)

Then you need to moisturise with a non perfumed skin kind conditioner. Preferably with a mild antiseptic or a skin soother like aloe vera. You then need to keep up with the moisturising until the hairs have grown back through again. Try to keep exfoliating the area as well but go gentle if the rash has appeared or it will just hurt and irritate the area. Exfoliating will slough away the dead skin allowing the hair to grow through easier. Do not shave again until all the rash is completely healed or you will make the problem 1000x worse. Same applies if you start scratching at it a lot. This will cause it to itch more and get really sore.

So all of those techniques help reduce the rash or the burn, but trust me, nothing stops it completely, or at least it never has for me. It tends to be worse around the folds in the skin (I guess because this area is where the hairs try to grow through but get pushed back inside the skin due to friction and pressing) So basically around your bikini line, where your thighs and groin meet (Also made worse by the rubbing of pants.)

Good luck! :D

You'll be alright above and around your willy - however, the balls are a different area. It's not like your face or body, it's just loose skin with two testicles in there - with wrinkles and what have you.

How you shave the crown jewels without cutting yourself in this very sensitive area I have no idea. And I'm not going to try... lol

I've been shaving down there for several years with no problems whatsoever.

I used an ordinary battery powered ladies bikini line trimmer to get things down to a manageable length. It's worth doing it in a couple of goes, first halfway, then most of the way.

Then for the real close stuff I use a Seiko Cleancut batter shaver. You can get them off Amazon. They aren't cheap but they do a great job. Very close, never ever nicked myself and one battery lasts several months.

Again, especially at first, its worth doing it in a couple of goes. Don't try to get it all off in one go otherwise it does get rather raw. Just spread it out over a couple of days.

Once fully shaved, I just use some sort of moisturiser, or even a lube, to help prevent dryness. Not aftershave for obvious reasons! I've never had a problem with ingrowing hairs.

Then, just 1 minute twice a week keeps everything very nice, with a special go if I think I'm going to be getting any later on

Are we allowed to post outside links here? If so...http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cleancut-Intimate-Shaving-Bikini-Removal/dp/B002U9XZDI

As I said, not cheap but I think it is well worth it as I've never once nicked myself.

If you're thinking about doing it, I'd say go for it! It definately makes you look longer, makes your balls more sensitive and it really, really does result in more blow jobs. It's worth the effort!

I use a razor. It works fine for me.

Yup - razor + decent shave gel + moisturise afterwards works for me too

I have tried to do this before. I trim mine now and tried to go completely bald before.
However, my fella down below is so insistant on becoming erect over anything that it makes it hard to, so I just trim.

Would you mind sharing what trimmer you use? If it's not doing the job? Because I'm just hovering over the buy button on amazon for a philips bodygroom plus and don't want stubble on my balls!

I used to shave bald a lot but got sick of the ingrown hairs I was getting. I've always shaved in the shower and moisturized but always got ingrown hairs. It's probably from my clothes rubbing on the skin as the hair is growing back but nonetheless, not worth it for me, even though its suck an amazing feeling being completely bald down there, and to add on to what some people were saying, yes very itchy when it grows in

I shave balls and sack but not crack,

I use a gel shaving foam for sensitive skin and a flex head razor (not a throwaway) and have never had any problems, am lucky with not being prone to ingrowing hairs etc.

I love the smoothness, and the shave itself is alsoo a bit of a turn on I admit.

I haven't tried waxing or the Veet routes, am sure that if I could afford it, I'd go for waxing to have the longer solution and to avoid the stubbly regrowth that shaving brings, not so comfy for our partner if you want a BJ between shaves.

Hello, I shave my balls smooth and as said it is best to trim the hair down with a trimmer then use a wet shave while in the shower. Again I would defiantly back up the comment to moisturise after doing it, at least for the first few goes

I started trimming when I was 15 or 16 but as more recently I've prefered being completely shaved (im 26 now). A while ago, a friend recommended using Veet, which I tried a few months back and it's awesome. Now I veet my balls and go completely shaven all over. My girlfriend much prefers it, and much prefers giving me head when I'm totally shaven. Shes totally shaved too, which is so nice when I'm licking her out.

I also prefer the feeling but it's a bit unmanly in the gym showers but who cares, the benefits outweight the negatives!