Shipping to Ireland - Gremlins in the works

Hi everyone, in the last couple of months I’ve tried to order the same gorgeous glass dildo twice, both times they were turned away by Irish customs. Is there any work going on behind the scenes to make sure shipments make it through? I was told by the Post Office that it was most likely a “labelling” problem. I have this image of some arch-conservative dude in a back office in the an Post Sorting Warehouse cackling over being able to return all this sinful merchandise. Please tell me that I’ll be able to order from Lovehoney in the future, you have great products and great service. I dont’ care if the label says glass dildo and personal lubricant as long as I get it.

3 Likes

@Evaliz were they gremlins or leprechauns hun ? :kissing_heart: I hope you get it sorted :+1:

1 Like

I believe LH are working on the issue with sending packages to the EU, but you might want to email customer services directly to see if there is something they can do in your specific circumstances

1 Like

Haha you’ve painted that picture so well in my head :sweat_smile: wonder if the guy has an X-ray to see what’s in the boxes :package:

3 Likes

@Evaliz AnPost has become an absolute nightmare! First the pandemic, then Brexit, now the new customs regulations. Plus I think they’ve decided to hire only certified morons …
I’ve been chasing after my parcels all the time lately and it has become close to impossible to get in touch with customer service via email or chat. Or if you happen to catch them you won’t get the answer you’re looking for and they brush you off. Awful!
I must say though that my Lovehoney parcels always arrived so far. Since those annoying customs fees are due there’s a bit of a delay now, but they were always delivered, sooner or later.

No idea what the issue could be with your item, hmm … :thinking:
But the good news is: In general you can still order from Lovehoney. :partying_face: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I wouldn’t wanna exist anymore without their good stuff, either … :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :laughing:

2 Likes

Oh I did, the first time they sent me a voucher for the discount that I had gotten and I re-ordered but the second package went the way of the first. I could see it arriving in the Dublin Depot and then getting bounced back after a few days.

Well it’s probably all the well packaged boxes with vague descriptions :wink: he’s doing his bit for the moral fibre of the nation.

1 Like

So that’s what G*ve does on a weekend…

1 Like

Haha!! I once saw a documentary on channel 4 I think it was and they discovered some places in Royal Mail the staff would purposely lose packages or open them so they could see what’s inside and either sell it on or keep it for themselves :joy:

1 Like

Should improve shortly with the IOSS numbering, as far as I know all post is put through the Xray so it’s quite possible to see what’s in? That’s why we have to ask “what’s in the parcel?” If you post a restricted item and don’t declare it it may well get destroyed then when you complain and we ask did you say what was in and you say no then it’s not surprising it was “lost” prepaid are exempt

1 Like

Wow!

1 Like

Are glass dildos restricted? :wink:

1 Like

@Evaliz Any new insights as to why your item was sent back (twice)?
I’ve been “gremlined”, too, now … :unamused:
No glass in my parcel though. Just two small buzzy silicone thingies.
Maybe they’re really running a campaign “Keep the kink out of Ireland” or some baloney like that … :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

As far as I can tell the Irish postal service is sending everything back that’s not explicitly described because they don’t know if the appropriate tax has been paid. It’s all about money I think. I presume Lovehoney has an automated system that prints out shipping labels and they probably tend to be very discreet, too discreet for the Irish paperwork. I really hope they fix this soon. The above is of course just my speculation but the fact the same item was sent back twice like that makes me suspect I’m correct.

1 Like

Lets hope not, if it said glass dildo on the paperwork it would probably go through.

1 Like

@Evaliz

It’s just so weird, you know …
I’ve ordered quite frequently from LH over the past few months.
The description on the label always said “Novelty Item”, apparently never a problem.
There’s nothing crazier or different than my usual kinda stuff in that parcel, just seems totally random that they won’t deliver it this time.
AnPost normally sends me emails telling me to pay customs fees and there are delays since those new regulations are in place. That’s annoying enough, but this is crap.
Especially since they’re now letting my stuff rot in Dublin instead of returning it to LH directly.
What the hell …
Hope LH can enlighten me, so far no response from the team though.

Crossing my fingers that one magical day in the near future that gorgeous glass dildo will find its way to you! :crossed_fingers:t2: :slightly_smiling_face:
Just sucks when you want to treat yourself to something nice and instead you end up being puzzled and stressed out chasing after your goodies. :sleepy:

Down with this sort of thing! :-1:t2:

3 Likes

It’s because they can’t tell if the appropriate vat has been paid by that description. Lovehoney will have to change that in order to make it work. I wonder why the Irish tax assessors are so much more zealous than the rest of Europe, I’ve only heard of issues with Ireland.

2 Likes

Looks like Lovehoney has managed to negotiate with an Post and packages are going through again. Well done!

1 Like

Am planning to get a few bits for my OH, any other issues getting goods shipped to Ireland.
Last thing you want is to order something and then spend weeks waiting on IE customs holding onto something that’s personal for you and your partner

[hagions](Lovehoney

Am planning to get a few bits for my OH, any other issues getting goods shipped to Ireland.
Last thing you want is to order something and then spend weeks waiting on IE customs holding onto something that’s personal for you and your partner