Social media

I use facebook daily, twitter i used to use and still check occasionally, had an instagram but it got stolen by someone who changed my password.

I do not use any social media. I find it is used more for harassment and abuse. I deleted it all a few years back and I'm much happier.

I deleted Facebook, got sick of it! I actually stopped using it apart from to moan about the trains, so there was no point in it for me.

But, I do use Insta and Twitter for blogging purposes and awareness on campaigns running for a fertility charity. So, I see them as far more useful for me.

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

I deleted Facebook, got sick of it! I actually stopped using it apart from to moan about the trains, so there was no point in it for me.

But, I do use Insta and Twitter for blogging purposes and awareness on campaigns running for a fertility charity. So, I see them as far more useful for me.

i think Leanne has nailed it right there. If they are useful to you, then there is a point. Otherwise, they are pointless.

I got rid of everything apart from Facebook, and culled most people from that. I then use Facebook Purity to remove things from my feed and generally remove the crap, so I only keep in touch with a few work things, a few far-away friends and a couple of hobbies.

I absolutely hate social media!

I find when I am on it, I am not who I really am. I turn into a bit of a showy off ar$3hole and I don't like it. Also it takes over my life. So I have nothing! Far better living in the real world and not through a screen :-)

I deleted all of my social media, and now spend the hour or so i would have wasted on it before texting my friends and emailing people i havent heard from in a while.

Its refreshing, and it just shows how little contact we can make because we always see what people are up to without actually interacting with them.

I tend to stay away from Twitter and Facebook. Instagram is alright. Tumblr is great, especially sex related things. The amount of..inspiration..is unfathomable.

MrandMrs_L wrote:

I find when I am on it, I am not who I really am.

This is what is so sad about it, one of my sisters is a great one for this, her life looks perfect on facebook, even when we as family know that things are shit for her. A lot of it is keeping up with the Joneses.

Facebook and insta for us. Had twitter but never got the hang of it.

I still use this forum on my phone via the internet sometimes but usually only on the pc as its far easier to link items?

This post is no longer available.

I’m on Facebook so that his family can see pics of the kids, and there’s a few friends I like to connect with there, though I regularly deactivate my account. Twitter is my main space and that’s my place to be me. The only thing that’s not the real me on there is my name. Can be a bit of a minefield but generally I enjoy it. And I just got Snapchat last night and no idea what I’m doing with it 😂

Facebook. I only use it "research" people who are reported in the local paper for doing things that land them in court!!!😆

I have Facebook and Instagram but both really dialled back. It's more to keep in touch with relatives etc... I like it on here and used to go on fab and fetlife too but not for a while

This post is no longer available.

FB, Twitter, Tik-tok, IG... I have a small presence due to the live streaming gaming stuff I have done for the past decade or so. But I'm trying to keep this presence and that presence separate for the time being.

Ms. D wrote:

But I'm trying to keep this presence and that presence separate for the time being.

Wise decision.

I only have FB which I rarely use.

Gosig wrote "This is what is so sad about it, one of my sisters is a great one for this, her life looks perfect on facebook, even when we as family know that things are shit for her. A lot of it is keeping up with the Joneses"

I am on Facebook, but am no longer friends with my sister for this very reason. I love her in real life, but can`t accept the shite she posts.

I use Facebook for laughs and contact with family and friends across the globe, and to follow pages related to my various interests.

Are there any good sites to share pics to? I have just made a seperate Twitter account but also wondering if there is other sites that cater for that type of market?

Are we allowed to name other sites? I am a bit paranoid about breaking the rules.