Songbook Stories

Thank you and yes it sure did cheer me up loads :smiley:

Wonder how a kate bush one would sound like lol :grin:

1 Like

:joy::joy: Iā€™ll let you know @AJSTAR :joy::joy:

@AJSTAR hope this one cheers you up too :joy:

Kate Bush

Well HELLO EARTH, Iā€™m one of THEM HEAVY PEOPLE as youā€™d soon find out if I SAT IN YOUR LAP. I guess I shouldā€™ve been RUNNING UP THAT HILL more than I did but you can get just too much of these WUTHERING HEIGHTS sometimes. I mean thereā€™s some CLOUDBUSTING moments to be had up there and it might be a JIG OF LIFE to you, but to me itā€™s a HAMMER HORROR. If you want to be KING OF THE MOUNTAIN then you best get MOVING and Iā€™ll be down here WATCHING YOU WITHOUT ME as I carry on BREATHING. MOTHER STANDS FOR COMFORT after all and looking after THE MAN WITH THE CHILD IN HIS EYES is quite simply THIS WOMANā€™S WORK. We have no time for ARMY DREAMERS so GET OUT OF MY HOUSE before you find yourself SUSPENDED IN GAFFA and take the RUBBERBAND GIRL with you ā€¦ Oh that sounds like THE SENSUAL WORLD you spoke of, the one of LOVE AND ANGER when you were writing THE WEDDING LIST before you started WAKING THE WITCH.
OH TO BE IN LOVE or at least have a DEEPER UNDERSTANDING. Well itā€™s time for my BABOOSHKA to play THE SAXOPHONE SONG called A SYMPHONY IN BLUE and iā€™ll take the HOUNDS OF LOVE for a walk AND DREAM OF SHEEP. WOW an ice cream van ā€¦mmmmmm THERE GOES A TENNERā€¦

1 Like

Hahaha!!! This one was so funny, made me laugh and you done perfect to fit them all in, even the Babooshka! :rofl:

Thank you so much for this one :grin: you so need to write a book or something with all these in lol

:joy::joy:glad you like it @AJSTAR :joy:it had me laughing too when I seen where it was going :joy::joy:great choice from you, thank you :blush:

A most epic story line!! :smile:

:joy: @AJSTAR any time you need cheered up just send me a singer/groupā€‹:joy::joy: it cheers me up too :joy:

Ooh, ooh, ooh - Iron Maiden please! Hopefully some fun titles to work in there :rofl:

3 Likes

Oooooh thanks @Peitho :joy: something to keep me occupied while hiding from scary looking kids :joy:

Had no idea you were a Maiden fan! Showing my age here, but i first saw them on the Metal For Muthas tour early 1980!
Also saw Rainbow around that time supported by a band called Samson. Their singer was a young chap who called himself Bruce Bruce, wonder what became of him? :thinking:

2 Likes

@Peitho

Iron Maiden

Mmmmmmm CAN I PLAY WITH MADNESSā€¦ Itā€™s 2 MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT and my FEAR OF THE DARK has me wishing I had stayed in THE CLANSMAN. If only it was me that was the WRATHCHILD who lived at 22 ACACIA AVENUE, I could be greater than ALEXANDER THE GREAT and I wouldnā€™t need to RUN TO THE HILLS. Iā€™d be THE TROOPER causing HELL ON EARTH and doing THE EVIL THAT MEN DO. Iā€™d hope to be CAUGHT SOMEWHERE IN TIME and THE WICKER MAN and me would be BLOOD BROTHERS. Weā€™d mimic THE FLIGHT OF ICARUS, with ACES HIGH weā€™d own the EMPIRE OF THE CLOUDS high above PASCHENDALE where we witnessed THE RED AND THE BLACK as we fought in the DANCE OF DEATH. Gone would be THE WASTED YEARS where we were branded with THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST and FOR THE GREATER GOOD OF GOD, weā€™d pray HALLOWED BE THY NAME as we drew THE SIGN OF THE CROSS beside THE WRITING ON THE WALL. We wouldnā€™t tempt fate like THE RIME OF THE ANCIENT MARINER, no, weā€™d each be the STRATEGO, bringing you REVELATIONS, so donā€™t be WASTING LOVE ā€¦I pray you REMEMBER TOMORROW ā€¦ just WHEN THE WILD WIND BLOWS

4 Likes

@WillC
From what I can make out Bruce rejoined Iron Maiden (1999 I think) and is still with them ā€¦heā€™s only s few months older than me :joy:

1 Like

Yes he did, he joined initially in late 1981! Think heā€™s about 64. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Aye he was 64 in August :blush:

1 Like

You know what, I think he did okay for himself! :rofl:

You were way ahead of me, first time I saw them live was Sonisphere 2010, I still have a Maiden shirt from that one that I last wore only a couple of weeks ago. They certainly put on a good show and are a constant on my phoneā€™s playlist but are not my favourite band. Thought they would work well though for this and they do. Beautifully done @Amunique , very heroic! :clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

I canā€™t explain the exhilaration of seeing them in 1980 as teenager with their metal/punk crossover appeal, but it was a formative experience that will be etched in my mind forever!

1 Like

Thank you @Peitho :blush:

Haha Iā€™ll end up sending you loads of singers worthy of making a book to publish :rofl:

:joy::joy:I doubt if it will go that far :joy::joy:

Just to show it can be done with pop groups too :joy:

Here in Scotland we get THE FOUR SEASONS in one day.
THE TEMPTATIONS to move to CHICAGO and be a FOREIGNER could either be THE CURE or lead us to DIRE STRAITS but it would be a heck of a JOURNEY.
BEE GEES, would you look at what THE KINKS are doing, THE RASCALSā€¦ Theyā€™ve been banging THE DOORS of THE MAMAS AND PAPAS till their fists went SIMPLY RED, then DEEP PURPLE. All because they wanted a KISS from the SUPERTRAMP.
Be still my HEART because thereā€™s gonna be BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS before THE POLICE arrive.
THE SEEKERS have got THE EVERLY BROTHERS by THE CRYSTALS and the CULTURE CLUB is sheer MADNESS as THE ZOMBIES make me think AMAZULU.
THE PET SHOP BOYS are taking THE MONKEES and the rest of THE ANIMALS to NAZARETH to meet THE BEACH BOYS while FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD for a bit of LOVINā€™ SPOONFUL with BLONDIE.
A-HA, I can hear a RUSH of THE CARS belonging to THE DOOBIE BROTHERS ā€¦THE WHO? you might well ask, they sound like EAGLES making ORCHESTRAL MANOEUVRES IN THE DARK, then all of a sudden WHAM! and they get some TLC from the PICKETY WITCH .

3 Likes