Sounding

I’ve been sounding my cock for a number of years but still have some questions for others who enjoy this titillating pastime.

Do you inject some lube into your pee hole before using a generously lined sound?

Do you prefer solid (steel or plastic) or flexible (silicone) wands?

3 Likes

Hi fella, cant answer your question but there are a couple of people here who can, as they also indulge in that play.
Just to say hello welcome :wave:

As to sounding :dizzy_face:

Thanks. Appreciate it.

Hi I also have been sounding for a number of years. Yes I always inject a generous amount of lube into the urethra before play, it’s a must to prevent damage.
I do have flexible sounds but I find they have increased friction which can be uncomfortable.
Solid stainless steel sounds are my favourite they allow control and gauging up is easier because they don’t move.

3 Likes

What @Davy_Brown wrote would be exactly the same for my husband too, even to the stainless steel preference

1 Like

Definitely use lube internally and on the sound itself. I don’t have any plastic or silicone sounds. All mine are stainless steel.
I have a commercial set of Hegar sounds and quite a few that I’ve made myself as I have a lathe.

2 Likes

Hey dude welcome to the forum :raised_hands:
Never properly tried sounding before but it defo is something I’d like to try out one day

2 Likes

I can’t really answer your question but I want to ask, why is sounding pleasurable? Doesn’t it hurt a lot?

3 Likes

To be quite honest, it started out as simply a curiosity. The idea of sliding a wand down my cock was very titillating. :blush: It’s really a pleasurable feeling as the sound slides down the urethra. If it’s a larger diameter wand you can actually see the tip bulging your member slightly. The really intense feelings begin once you’ve made it past the base of the penis and approach the prostate (about 2" or so). :yum: Sliding the probe in and out at this point really ‘tickles my fancy’ and can often bring me to a quick orgasm. :star_struck: Depending on the size of the sound and the orgasmic intensity, some cum will seep out past the wand which is a visual treat. :heart_eyes:

As long as the probe is well lube and you’ve pumped lube into your urethral canal it doesn’t hurt at all. That said, you have to take it slowly until you get used to it. Unless of course you (or your partner/friend) are looking for a little pain with your pleasure! :wink: You might well ask if pegging, which I also greatly enjoy :yum:, is painful or pleasurable. It’s definitely an acquired taste kind of activity.

2 Likes

Hey @warbler, fellow sounder here, been doing sounding for years too, currently up to 15.5mm and slowly working on 16mm,
I use lovehoneys discover lube, it’s in a pump bottle so pump in directly in to my peehole and use plenty, I only put lube on the tip off the sound as I find it makes it easier to handle.
Personally I prefer stainless sounds and plugs over silicone although I have a 13mm silicone nail sound that I sometimes have had inserted for the day.
I find stainless sounds easier to handle and use especially when it comes to stretching to the next size. I orginally had a hegar set in 1mm increments and it took me a matter of weeks to get to 10mm but it took me at least 4 years to get up to 15mm but couldn’t get any bigger, I recently bought a new hegar set that’s in 0.5mm increments and got to 15.5mm but I’m finding 16mm a bit harder work.
I’ve also got a variety of plugs my favourite being my 13, 14 and 15mm stainless triple ribbed through plugs, I can wear the 14mm comfortably inserted for the weekend and with it being a through plug I don’t have to remove it to go for a pee. The 15mm triple looks amazing in and the feeling of the ribs going in and removing it is amazing as it’s very tight and for this reason I don’t wear it long term as the longer it’s in the more difficult it is to get out.
One of my biggest dreams is to find someone stretched enough to try sound docking, I’d love share a sound and to see my cock slide up a large sound and dock with another cock on the other end . :heart_eyes:
Anyway less of my fantasies, hope that helps and enjoy mate, definitely something everyone should try once, carefully.

2 Likes

@sharbur, hard to explain really, it’s the feeling which is amazing, it’s how it looks, to me it’s just something cool about how my penis looks with a sound inserted in it or one of my triple plugs inserted and pulling my head in tight, also the bulge it creates in my urethra which looks cool.
Then like lots of sexual practices there’s the challenge of going bigger and bigger.
Hope that helps to some degree

@sharbur If it hurts, you are doing it wrong. It is all about the feeling of something being inside and the stretch of getting bigger things in there. It is the sensation, a bit like the sensations of having a pussy filled with a large dildo.

2 Likes

Why is it call “sound” it doesnt seem to be to do with noise? (My English isn’t the best)

1 Like

I think it might be from this:

2 Likes

Or this explanation from Wikipedia.

Sound or sonde is a medical device used to probe the depth of urethral and vaginal areas. They can also be used to dialate the same to alleviate blockages.

1 Like

Does sound (no pun intended) as it comes from a translation of sonde - probe although I could easily understand how sounding the depths (as per @Ian_Chimp) would be a tempting explanation.

I wonder what the native tribes who have been doing it since before records began and the French language evolved call it.

I think ‘sonder’ loops back to checking the depths of water too.

It does indeed relate to measuring water depth. Perhaps the doctor who adopted the term was also a sailor (or seaman as well :smiley:).

1 Like

And apparently from
sonde - Wiktionary(b%CA%B0

Sonde is only from old French or old English so would seem to predate any medical use for probing.

1 Like

My wife picked up some new coconut oil so had to see how it worked with the sound rods managed 13mm all the way in 14mm near the tip or my little finger to the second knuckle will have to see if i can work up a size perhaps

1 Like