Star Trek or Star Wars

I’ve recently been watching Star Trek discovery and it brought back memories of the good old debate as to whether Star Trek or Star Wars is better - time for a good old poll :rofl:

Star Trek or Star Wars
  • Star Trek
  • Star Wars
  • Couldn’t Give A Monkey

0 voters

Have to admit that I can’t say I’d want to watch the original series anymore as it’s aged too much but the Discovery series really has me gripped.

3 Likes

For those of you who voted for Star Trek, shame on you lol

3 Likes

I’ve got to say I don’t really like either of them :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve been a Star Wars fan most of my life (until Disney got involved and disregarded all the post Return of the Jedi timeline set out in the books). Disney did do a good job of the ‘Star Wars Stories’ though (Han Solo, Rogue One). As far as Star Trek goes, I really enjoyed the reboot movies - thought they were really well done.

2 Likes

Defo Star Wars, loving the Mandalorian at the moment.

6 Likes

I enjoyed the varied storylines of the original Star Trek and the movies and the characters developed well. Star Wars is more of a long single story.

1 Like

I enjoy both of them

3 Likes

I’m not even ashamed to tell you I own a Storm Trooper mask and I’ve warn it for cosplay sex :rofl:

“Daaaamn girl, you R2 fine - and if you’re lucky I’ll give you the D2.”

:laughing:

17 Likes

Literally howling at this :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Which bit? I hope you’re not laughing at me dressing up as a storm trooper?

…my dark side is top level. :laughing:

5 Likes

I wouldn’t mind flying my xwing down that trench to the reactor, :crazy_face:

But I was laughing at the joke not the stormtroopers outfit that would be quite hot​:fire:

4 Likes

I love both, i am the right age to have grown up on them! Star Trek about 6pm on BBC2 Monday nights around 1969. Star Wars i saw upon release at the cinema. Can you imagine how mind blowing it was to see that seemingly endless Star Destroyer looming into view, and the FX after growing up on the cheap FX of Doctor Who? So currently loving both Discovery and The Mandalorian!

7 Likes

I’ve been a hardcore Trekkie since I was little. Even asked my parents to take me to the Star Trek convention in Las Vegas for my highschool graduation present. I was a weird kid.

Doesn’t mean you can’t love both! I never understood the debate if I’m honest. They are completely different worlds, true, but ultimately so hopeful.

4 Likes

Why not both?

3 Likes

Love them both, voting for Star Wars just because of the Mandalorian and because i’ve managed to blank out the last movie

3 Likes

Grew up watching the original SW films, but husband and I are both Trekkies, Picard over Kirk anyday. :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Haha, @newbie_analyst I couldn’t provoke a debate by allowing people to choose both :rofl:

Joking aside, I do agree that you can like both. I prefer the diversity of stories and series with Star Trek.

3 Likes

Got to be Star Wars

1 Like

Voted Star Wars, have just started doing the whole lot from Ep1 forward (including Rogue 1 after Ep3).

I think original star wars is far superior to the original star trek movies, BUT, the reboot of the Star Trek movies is far superior to pretty much all of the Star Wars movies made after Return of the Jedi (Rogue one being the exception).

3 Likes

I’d go more with star wars as couldn’t ever get into star trek but yet I’m not that fussed on either of them like I’d be with say Harry Potter!

1 Like