Storing your toys

Hi All

Just wondering, I'm sure some of you have loads of toys, so where do you store them all? We currently have some in a handbag type bag, and some in a paper bag which makes a helluva lot of noise when trying to get it out of the cupboard in the night

Something lockable would be preferable.

Thanks in advance.

Our toys are currently roaming free... they are dumped here, there and everywhere at the moment

We found all the toy storage options we researched too small and expensive. A good toolbox or craft basket should be a cheaper way to keep them safe and organised. They might even be lockable too!

Mr Monster wrote:

We found all the toy storage options we researched too small and expensive.

Nothing seems to fit the bill for us either.

I have been toying with the idea of using a small lockable flight bag as a toy box. Small, sturdy and lockable with the added benefit of not needing to be hidden away from view, it is only a piece of luggage after all.

I have mine in the same wardrobe as my cloths,but for some only boxes are there, as I keep them in my bed, under the pillows, to have them handy. In the wardrobe the boxes are just sitting on its floor, but as my toys have mainly black boxes and as I dont have nosey kids to find them, I dont have to worry too much, my flatmates dont go into my room unless asked to do it

hmmm I like the idea of a lockable toolbox but it may look odd in the cupboard. Our kids are too young to go rummaging in the cupboards just yet, but they are getting bigger. Plus my sister-in-law sometimes goes into the cupboards looking for clothes (as she shares with my wife). Hmmm, might need to do more googling.

Thanks for the suggestions.

We keep the in the bottom (large) drawer. We've got a few of those Ikea dividers so all of the plastic toys are together etc. Despite this, one of our jelly toys (DJ Ur3 ballsy!) actually melted itself to the protective bag it was in!

All our toys are in a plastic pink box with lid stored in the drawer of the bed

Its funny really as we were so paranoid about it we left it out on her dressing table. Everytime family comes we frantically clear away any sign of our sex toys, liberator pads etc. and we'd grown so used to it we completely missed it until about 2 secs before the door opened! It was thrust under the bed and later we found a protective bag some of her shoes came in so it didn't need to live out.

It melted itself to that pretty quickly. A fold of the bag was literally inside the toy.

I keep the sexual things I have on top of my wardrobe, I live with my boyfriend so I dont have to worry about people coming in and having a nosey around the bedroom!

Maybe you could get one of those wooden boxes with a lock on? Or just a clear plastic box with a lid and keep it stored under your bed?

Most of mine live in the bottom drawer of my bedside table, anything that won't fit in there goes one of the cupboards above the bed.

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

A lockable Vanity case?

i have one of these, did find it really cheap in a charity shop though. when mum asked why i had bought it i said it was to keep things in when i go to uni!

Keep all our toys in a shoe box under the bed. Also have looked at a range of options and came up with either to small or expensive. Will have to keep looking.

I keep mine in a waterproof wash bag (just incase the lube decides to leak) under the bed ready and waiting at my OH house while at uni I keep in my underwear draw! x

this is a common problem and i am a sufferer too, all of mine are scattered in plastic bags in the wardrobe held in a Jaeger bag - very unsexy and very unflattering in the heat of the moment when u are looking for a dildo, vibe, cock ring or lube

Ours have had to migrate out of an overflowing drawer and are now dotted around various wardrobes / drawers. It's definitely an issue alright; I think we're looking into getting a nice storage box for them over Christmas, it's the least they deserve!

krash wrote:

hmmm I like the idea of a lockable toolbox but it may look odd in the cupboard. Our kids are too young to go rummaging in the cupboards just yet, but they are getting bigger. Plus my sister-in-law sometimes goes into the cupboards looking for clothes (as she shares with my wife). Hmmm, might need to do more googling.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Someone else suggested a lockable file box on another thread. That might make more sense in a bedroom cupboard than a toolbox. And important papers aren't the kind of thing that someone might want to borrow. :-)

I use a leftover gift box from a wine sampler/gift set (small bottles). The bottom part has sturdy dividers, so it's good for longer toys. I made some dividers to go in the smaller top part, just to keep things organized. Everything that might possibly melt or otherwise degrade goes in cotton bags first. Privacy isn't an issue for me, this is just an example of adapting/re-using something else.

I have just had to move mine from the bedside table drawer - I have my eye on a DJ's CD flight case which has removable sections and padding inside making it look ideal for the toys, its lockable too!

I'm going to look at it tomorrow so i'll let you all know what its like!

Currently ours are kept in the drawer of the bedside table but I'm sure as the collection grows we could consider something larger. We do have storage under our bed so i suppose they could go there? I won't worry about it until the time comes when we need more room!

I currently use 2 red leather look shoe boxes from homebase, but ive outgrown that and Im now after some plastic drawers thats kids use for toys.