Talking about sex with friends

I’m guessing the level of transparency/secrecy is dictated by a combination of things, but I was curious as to where people are at in terms of their friends being aware of the goings on in your sex life?

In my younger days, when me and my friends were sort of all figuring stuff out for the first time, I was much more prone to kiss and tell and swap stories. There was definitely an element of braggadocio in there, but also an interest in learning/sharing tips with my peers.

These days, I keep things very close to the chest. I like to think that it is out of respect for my wife, who isn’t prude by any means and has a history of her own (and I’m fairly certain she shares some aspects of our love life online in other private forums), but I think it may be more that I don’t really have many friends that I feel comfortable talking to about sex anymore, or at least I have no idea how to even bring it up. And as a guy, I feel like this is especially the case with anything prostate related, however my wife assures me that it is apparently very common these days, per some of the mom groups she’s in.

I feel like I am a very sex positive person and just wish people could talk more openly about stuff without worrying about it negatively affecting them or being called a pervert and the like. Maybe because I’m also a parent I feel the pressure to be more buttoned up about it, which just feels counter to who I really am.

7 Likes

Hi @ScorpioDaddy, I’m a very private person, I’ve never discussed my sex Life with anyone.

4 Likes

I don’t really have any boundaries when it comes to talking about sex… However, I’m very limited, or maybe selective is a better word, in terms of who I feel comfortable talking about it to, if that makes sense.

5 Likes

@ScorpioDaddy I’m like you would not discuss anything due to respect for partner.

2 Likes

I am incredibly private, never talked with anyone except wife (or past partners).

My wife would talk with friends (one set of her friends are a right dirty bunch) but she knows I’d be mortified as it would be clear that it was about me, so she doesn’t. I get the feeling she’d like to, not in a salacious way but more for advice and ‘girly’ talk, but she respects that it’s a real no no for me.

4 Likes

I have one buddy who we talk openly about sex together. His wife is extremely attractive and he has a very high sex drive. I think he gets less sex than he claims (as usual with men) but she is very open and has very little to hide.
We discuss things with our wives almost to the point where we could likely have a 4-some but we have never crossed the line. Mrs. Val finds him extremely unattractive and sexually chauvinistic. He and I have always been friends and have a great time as a couples, we just have never had any interest in sharing our mates.
However, I often fantasize about Mrs. Val, her and I having a 3-some…lol. I think her and my wife would be fantastic to observe in a bi-curious encounter…
Anyways, I think they talk sex between the 2 girls often but it’s not a conversation we have with many of our friends

5 Likes

I’m a closed book…

I only tell my closest friends and auntie and my counsellor and my 89-year old neighbour and the woman in Tesco about my sex life, period and Lovehoney deliveries… :laughing:

3 Likes

Nobody outside of my relationship knows my kinks or any details of my sex life. Albeit a couple of very trusted work friends (both male and female) after a couple of drinks but whilst I wouldn’t have told them sober I knew what I was saying and didn’t / don’t have any regrets over what i told them given they shared similar ‘secrets’.

I’m mid thirties now and not in relation to this topic particularly but i find I’m a much more private person than I was ten years ago, I’m often cringing at inane Facebook memories that often come up.

Horses for courses. Just don’t feel the need to overshare generally.

3 Likes

It is not about what I say really, but who I say it to. There are some people I’m fully open with and some I’ll say nothing to. Obviously, husband knows and approves of the level I divulge and to which friends (only fair he’s on board), and for more random people, I write the blog which goes into a lot of detail but with more anonymity.

5 Likes

I find it very difficult to talk about things. My wife is very private and would not say a thing to anyone. In some way that is why I love this forum. However I do admire anyone that is open about things as I think it is something we should all be more open about. Its nothing to be ashamed of.

6 Likes

Never have been one to kiss and tell as such.

Sounds a bit strange to say this but I would never speak about that part of my life with friends, but for discussing problems etc. it’s much easier to come onto a ‘anonymous’ forum like this to get other perspectives thereby avoiding any potential embarrassment.

5 Likes

Im sure the Postman knows a bit about it as well.:rofl:

3 Likes

Didn’t you mention in another post that your 89 year old part time counsellor auntie had moved in next door to you as it was closer to her other part time job at Tesco’s?

I’ll get my coat…

5 Likes

I also do not have any friends to discuss sex with anymore . I had one friend I would talk openly about sex , but she passed away almost two years ago . So this is thankfully my online group of friends to talk about sex with . Thanks LH and “All MY Friends” !

3 Likes

For me the forum is the only place I have ever spoken about personal issues.

3 Likes

I dont really talk about mine and hubbys sex life in detail with fruends butvthats more because they are not comfortable talking about sex. If asked though im fairly open. Most of our close friends and some family know were kinky but not to what extent.

4 Likes

I rarely talk about things sexual with my friends or experiences as I get embarrassed but yet I can happily open up on here about everything lol
Part of me wonders if this is like a British culture thing but then there’s a lot of people these days who do openly talk in their friend circles about sex and stuff so maybe it’s just me :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Never do, except for with one particular special friend, who i can talk to about anything.

5 Likes

I have one or two close friends who I am fairly open with but don’t go into details. They know we use toys etc but no further details of what we get up to. I would trust them with my life so I know it would go no further.

2 Likes

I’ve talked fairly openly with a few friends, both female and male. Each time we have one of those conversations we agree that these things should be talked about more and it does us good.

1 Like