Tape bondage

My girlfriend and I have been discussing a fantasy where I gag her with tape (as well as taping her wrists and ankles together)
I know that 'bondage tape' is totally unsuitable for the gagging part as it isn't sticky so I was wanting to hear your hints, tips and experiences with ordinary sticky tape. We both know that it's probably going to hurt when I take it off her mouth afterwards but I want something that'll stay put but hopefully won't leave a mark that she'll have to spend a week explaining!
If anyone can recommend a particular type of tape to use or avoid that'd be great

DOn't do it.

You can just wrap bondage tape all the way around her head, y'know, like a gag...

Don't use tape. She could have an allergic reaction. It tastes gross. It could pull her skin off. It will likely leave nasty marks. IT IS NOT MEANT TO GO ON HUMANS ESPECIALLY ON/NEAR MUCOUS MEMBRANES.
Seriously. You can make a badass gag out of bondage tape that isn't going to hurt and is going to stay put.

You could always wrap the bondage tape around her head to make it stick as a gag?

Oops see fairehlights got in there first haha!

I am Captain SafeSex ;)

This is one of my major niggles, using improper stuff for bondage. It just fucks me off so bad :')

Bondage tape just won't be the same :(

simplysexy wrote:

I'd also imagine tape (as in, builders tape) would become unstuck when you're mid-play. Spit, sweat, ect. makes all that stuff useless. That and, like fairehlights said, the glue on it isn't kind on human skin or taste very nice!

Is a normal gag completely out of the question? Just wondering if it has to be tape

We've already got a ballgag, but for this it has to be tape! The fact that she'll have her knickers stuffed in her mouth should stop her spit from unsticking the tape

If you value an experience over safety, you probably shouldn't be practicing bondage.

The hurt that can come with tape is not the same consensual hurt that comes with bondagey bdsmy activities.

If you value your kink desire over the safety of someone who is putting their total trust in you, you should not be practicing bondage.

I don't mean to be a dick, but I'm not going to apologise for saying this. Safety and trust is paramount in activities of this kind, and using regular ass tape just isn't tape. There is a definite risk with using standard tape of most sorts, and most of us will strongly advise against it.

Hmm i did think of something that would work but i dont think it would be safe in these circumstances. Having something else in her mouth could potentially be dangerous if she were to start choking.

I know all this; hence why I came on here to ask advice as opposed to going to B&Q & buying the first roll of tape I saw

I've never had any experience with using normal sticky tape for bondage but I do agree with fairehlights, please don't use anything in bondage that isn't designed to be - someone could get hurt. I think bondage tape would do the trick, why not just wrap that around her head, or just small piece over her mouth? It could work, maybe? Anyway play safe and good luck!

dh wrote:

I know all this; hence why I came on here to ask advice as opposed to going to B&Q & buying the first roll of tape I saw

And the advice is: don't.

I'll give you a breakdown:

sellotape: you can't breathe through it. When wrapped tightly around something that fluctuates, it rolls up into basically a wire and can easily cut her mouth. The adhesive is not suitable to be on skin let alone in her mouth. When layered it won't stretch so you can't get under it to cut it off quickly in an emergency.

electrical tape: this stuff stretches so it's not as bad. You still can't breathe through it. The adhesive is not suitble for humans and can cause reactions. Some kinds fuse together with mild heat, which is what makes it good for electrical applications. Pulling it off leaves marks and often a sticky residue that won't go away for ages.

duct tape: nope nope nopity nope. It will fuse to her face. It may rip her skin off. The adhesive is nope. She can't breathe through it. It may rip her skin off. The adhesive is designed to stick and never unstick. Good luck getting this off if she begins to choke.

masking tape: highly varied. Some is so so, some is hell no. It does the sellotape thing of crinkling up into wire like bands. Some will rip your skin off. Very good for hair removal (not serious). It tastes vile. It's not meant to go on yo face.

With all these things there's the issue of her having her panties in her mouth. This is fine if she an just spit them out, but if they are confined, they will eventually absorb a lot of her spit, and this increases the risk of choking. Also struggling against the gag in any sense can push items in the mouth down into the throat.

Bondage tape will stretch rapidly if you make a point of pulling it, meaning you can remove it quickly and easily in an emergency. You can sometimes just pull it and then pull it down, and it's super easy to cut off.

*shrug*

there really is no advice we can give, anything sticky really isnt suitable, have you ever used your lip to hold tape on while wrapping presents- it HURTS taking it off, and it takes your skin with it, so it hurts for like a week after. also, if you put it even slightly in contact with the hair on her side burns or neck it will kill bringing it off!

honestly, we can only give you info from our experience, it may seem like a good idea but it will hurt a lot afterwards and could be seriously dangerous if anything goes wrong. stick to bondage tape.

thats just our advice though

Ive used it as a gag... more likr a bit gag works a treat

fairehlights wrote:

I am Captain SafeSex ;)

This is one of my major niggles, using improper stuff for bondage. It just fucks me off so bad :')

U do realise imma gonna call that u that now ;) in relation to OP, Faire is right.... Sticky tape isn't suitable, bondage tape works a treat.... In ur mind imagine it to be whatever form of sticky tape you want it to be..... After all isn't the mind the greatest sexual organ x Enjoy :)
But bondage tape can be pulled very tight if that is what you require or a last minute thought..... restraint wrap..
Its like the bandage support you can buy from any shop in fact i got some some fluroscent pink from wilko the day before i walked into ann summers i spent 10xx as much for a black roll of it..... and it was wrapped around my bust and that is a stretchy material that was easy enough to remove but if your using that dont do it tight for safety reasons.... again you asked for suggestions and help and thats all i have done but dont take my words as gospel and please please always remember safety as safety is always important.

Young and fun95 wrote:

there really is no advice we can give, anything sticky really isnt suitable, have you ever used your lip to hold tape on while wrapping presents- it HURTS taking it off, and it takes your skin with it, so it hurts for like a week after. also, if you put it even slightly in contact with the hair on her side burns or neck it will kill bringing it off!

honestly, we can only give you info from our experience, it may seem like a good idea but it will hurt a lot afterwards and could be seriously dangerous if anything goes wrong. stick to bondage tape.

thats just our advice though

Honestly it hurts a lot and removing tape can be way too painful..... someone decided to wrap duct tape around my breasts very tight and when cutting it off they snipped my breast and it has left a little scar.... duct tape or any adhesive tape is so unsafe for many reasons..... whatever you decide just play safe and always prepare in the back of your mind for accidents etc

Why you you want to put the chemical crap that's likely to be in the adhesive of sticky tape, in your girlfriends mouth? That's horrible, unsafe, and just not a good idea. Bondage tape will stick to itself, so you can have it as tight as you want it. There is absolutely nothing positive that using sticky tape will give you. You may make her ill, it will hurt like a bitch (and not in a good way) and her skin will probably have a complete hissy fit - not easy to hide on your face.

I know you wanted advice, and this is likely not the kind you wanted, but we would be doing you a diservice if we didn't point out the dangers. No fantasy is worth her health.

If you must use tape medical tape might be the safest non bondage specific option the papery stuff that tares off easily if it gets wet it will come off no problems. i certainly wouldn't use any tape that wasn't meant to be used on the body

myghost wrote:

If you must use tape medical tape might be the safest non bondage specific option the papery stuff that tares off easily if it gets wet it will come off no problems. i certainly wouldn't use any tape that wasn't meant to be used on the body

I'm not going to criticise, you sound like the two of you have very specific scenario in mind. Medical tape known as micropore might work, although it is a narrow tape, just make sure that one edge of her pants is outside the tape so if needed they can be pulled straight out.

it might also be worth looking into a clear skin barrier such as cavalon. You can get it in a clear liquid on what look like lollipops. You could before play make sure that the mouth area (exterior only) is covered, this would reduce the risks associated with glue, and chemical reactions. It is a medical product used to proceed the skin around a wound when the would needs to be dressed with adhesive dressings regularly. It is not a recommendation, just something worth looking into to try to make your play as safe as possible.