The Great Big Suggestions Thread

I’ve used that method of guessing the page number works sometimes but I often get it wrong. Don’t understand the design of not allowing us to see do the reverse sort, especially from a programming mentality it shouldn’t have added much work to add

Being able to see the most critical reviews first would be great. I always check negative reviews on Amazon first.

2 Likes

I was thinking this last week and was going to make a post myself but decided against it.

Even if something has lots of good reviews, I want to know what the negative points are to see if its something I’m worrying about with the item too, as them it may not be suitable for me.

I’m sure it would be a simple thing for them to do.

But I’m guessing they just want all the positives to really stand out so that from a sales point of view, more items get purchased.

1 Like

I always try to include any negatives, like in the JoJoe knickers i just reviewed, but one thing I noticed, @Ian_Chimp, is that the user can’t drill down into the rating. When reviewing you are asked to score 0 to 10 in a number of categories. The answer then gets rounded up to the nearest half star. So I actually scored the JoJoes 9s an 8 and a 7 which displays on the site as a five. Having said that I am wearing the Jojoes now. If I had to rate 0-5, I would have given five. Generally, I’m really happy with everything I order from Lovehoney. The products are consistently high in standard

1 Like

I know what you mean. Would love to be able to pick out the negative ones. Right now, choosing Newest gives you more a mixed bag than anything.

I’m with you…i’ve written plenty of reviews and like others - I do try to provide negatives when there are negatives. It is hard tho - sometimes we might get a toy that just doesn’t do anything for us. However the packaging, quality of build etc might be really good - so while you can give a lower rating for orgasm rating etc - in my eyes the overall rating can still be high - as with anything sextoy related its subjective to who’s using it. For example - we have a load of Mantric stuff - and I wanted to complete the set and bought the g-spot vibrator for my wife - its a lovely piece of kit, feels nice in the had, easy to control etc…however anatomically it did nothing for my OH - should I have left a bad rating for it? I don’t know…I think thats perhaps why the higher percentage of ratings are positive…just my two-pence worth. On a positive - I used the “sex toy satisfaction” promise for the first time on the Matric G-spot and got our money back! Haven’t had to use it since!

I thought the pc version did have the separate categories, but I just checked and they’re bunched up into one overall star rating too.

As you all may have guessed by now, I’m a big fan of giving people all the info so they can make an informed choice about whatever it is they want to do. :slightly_smiling_face: Searchable star ratings, score breakdowns, and more detailed product specs are all things I would be very pleased to see. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Reviewing Reviews

What I really wish for is that you could use the ‘Back’ button to go straight back to where you were in a page of search results after clicking on an item to view the full details.

Or if that can’t be done, then at least to display the page numbers at the top as well as at the bottom of a page of search results.

As it is, if I click on an item to view its details, I can’t get back to where I was in my search without going all the way back to the beginning of page 1, then scrolling back down to the bottom of page 1 again to see the page numbers, then trying to remember which page I was on…if it’s a long list of search results, I will get fed up and go do something else after a few rounds of this.

(I’m using an iPhone X)

1 Like

It would be rather useful if, on the main LH shopping page - there is a forum button right there in the drop down menu for easy and quicker access to the forum.

Instead of having to go through:
Menu
My account
Lovehoney community
Lovehoney forum

2 Likes

There used to be if i remember correctly. You can pin the forum to your phone so you just click on the icon and come straight here though.

2 Likes

There’s also a link at the bottom of every www.lovehoney.co.uk page in the Advice section:

2 Likes

Morning all

I’m so excited to discover that we now have options for sorting the reviews on the products we are interested in.

This make life so much easier :grin:
Thanks Lovehoney x

3 Likes

I’d really like to be able to compare items on the site, so if you’re looking at say different g-spot vibrators, you could compare the specs and details (price, dimensions, power type etc.) against each other instead of checking each page individually.
Similar to how if you’re buying a new phone or laptop from certain tech shops you can select to compare any 5 or so models of your choice.
(sorry if this has already been mentioned :sweat_smile:)

Comparing Items
  • I’d like this too
  • I’m not interested

0 voters

1 Like

I searched the site to see if there was a thread for suggestions/improvements and this is the thread that came up as most logical, however please let me know if there is a new thread that I should post to.

I was wondering if the main site could highlight if the item was previously, I guess this would work like the saved list but be a purchased list. Just an idea as the only way I can make sure I’ve not bought something for the OH is by running through all the old orders I’ve made or perhaps rummaging through her draws.

Potentially (but more complicated) it could have a count on how many times you have bought the item not sure if thst would be an extra benefit to people?

1 Like

Is there any scope for reviewers to be able add photos to reviews (completely optional of course)? I know you’re now restricted from posting any on profiles or forum posts until you’ve met a certain level of forum activity but it’s a common theme on other shopping sites for users to be able to post photos. Really helps get an idea re sizes and whilst it’s great that you get the 'model is ‘x’ size and wearing ‘x’ in the description it would really help potential buyers especially as there’s a trend for people to mention their own size in reviews. Not every size 10/16/20 is the same - either in terms of the clothing or the person. Height has a big impact as does cup size etc. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Lovehoney_Brenna How about sizing for men on the lingerie, a lot of your lingerie will go to men like myself but working out the right size can be a bit of a minefield for us. And as LH isn’t supposed to be gender specific surely its about time sizing covered every.
And ironically being gender specific why is the mens lingerie section mostly just pants and shorts with the odd suspender item. Isnt it about time other type of made for men lingerie was available?

1 Like

@Lovehoney_Brenna How about sizing for men on the lingerie, a lot of your lingerie will go to men like myself but working out the right size can be a bit of a minefield for us. And as LH isn’t supposed to be gender specific surely its about time sizing covered every.
And ironically being gender specific why is the mens lingerie section mostly just pants and shorts with the odd suspender item. Isnt it about time other type of made for men lingerie was available?

Can we please just have our review page back where we can see the reviews we have posted, can’t understand why that was taken away :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

5 Likes
Who wants their review profile back?
  • Of course I do. Why did you ever think it was a good idea to remove it in the first place?
  • I am unfussed

0 voters

3 Likes