The Great Big Suggestions Thread

This is the place to air suggestions so we're not swimming in idea threads.

This is for all site, community & general ideas. Please do not post product requests here.

Please use the Pander to me topic for all product requests as you can mention competitors over in that thread.

4 Likes

Can we have a monthly Forum Raffle where 5 or so random winners can bag themselves some points? 🙂

Entry requirements: simply post at least one new forum post in a month (maybe exclude Inside Lovehoney as that's mainly tester threads).

On the 1st of every month (or closest workday) 5 winners are picked randomly, and announced on the forum.

Prize: small (£5 each in points)

Benefits: increase user participation, reward active engagement, generate postive buzz. Minimal cost.

👍🙂

11 Likes

I really wish I could add to my wishlist discontinued items that are still available. Made a thread about this as well, so LH can see if others would like that option too. Sadly I can't link to it for some reason.

1 Like

This - https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1928591-upload-own-images-of-clothing/#p1928591 Hey, So i noticed some other sites doing this but basically. Would be nice to be able to upload photos directly to a product of what it looks like on an every day person without edits or being a model. obviously would require approval from LH and would increase work amount but thought it might be a nice idea for clothing. Maybe allow us to tag the product in our images and then if people want to click the link it's ask them to create a community profile and or just takes them to a profile which includes the size they brought and stuff.

6 Likes

Could you set the secret tester posts up as a multiple choice poll, where you select which ones you’d want and your little avatar would go underneath your answers. You could go straight to people’s profiles right from the results page. :+1::slightly_smiling_face: (and you can close them when they’re over)

11 Likes

@Ian_Chimp that`s a brilliant idea!

Make a notification alert system for when a particular item has been put on a sale.
Maybe an extra option in the wishlist area?

7 Likes

Would love it if there was a way for wishlists to work similarly to how they do with Amazon. So, for instance, I could link someone my wishlist and they could purchase something and have it sent to my default address without them being able to see the address. It’s a nice secure way to be gifted something :relaxed:

3 Likes

They used to have just that, but they stopped it a couple of years back (booo :slightly_smiling_face:).

We have gently petitioned to have it back, but they’re not budging. :slightly_smiling_face: Here’s the I Got a Pressie thread so you can have a read (and be even more disappointed that they don’t do it any more :slightly_smiling_face:).

1 Like

Awh, that’s such a shame! I wonder how places like Amazon get around it if GDPR is the reason it stopped. I certainly would rather encourage my followers to use my lovehoney wishlist than let them pick from questionable alternatives on Amazon :grimacing:

1 Like

How about a Blog category? Now the formatting on the forum is so swish you could run a Blog of the Month, and get people to write up something and submit it on here. :+1::slightly_smiling_face: You could pop them in their own category (with a new Topic each month for entries) to keep them contained.

Prize-wise I always thought the gap between £100 first prize and £4 each in points for the runners-up was a bit of a steep drop for ROTM, so maybe something like £50 for the winner, and £25 for two runners up?

And, if you got the same people winning it all the time like the old Model of the Month, then you could implement a rule of no consecutive wins. :+1:

I think Lovehoney store search could be improved if items could be given tags.

This would mean we could search for a particular aesthetic for instance ‘pastel’ or ‘gothic’ which only yield a few items in search.

Would personally love to see these items much easier and sure it’d have alot of great uses.

If these key words aren’t used in title or description they won’t come up. Perhaps tags could be a good way around this. Maybe trusted users could even select predetermined tags that they think are appropriate or suggest new ones.

1 Like

What’s New
It’d be great to be able to view all the latest products in one place!

The https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/whats-new/

Doesn’t seem to grab the latest stuff.

I often go to what’s new for each category but it’d be so much easier to have the option to view new items across all categories!

4 Likes

Hmm perhaps, I would need to look into it more. As far as I can tell there wouldn’t be a way to list them in order of preference :confused:

Ah, yes. I did overlook that. I’m not sure I know if ranked choices are possible. :thinking:

With the Black Friday sale on, I thought it would be really helpful if items in your wishlists could show the before and after price so you can instantly see which coveted items are on offer.

It shows the discounted price but it would be even easier with the original price struck through like on the product pages. Or some other way of indicating that the price in the wishlist is for a limited time only.

3 Likes

I would really like to be able to search through the Dildos section for non-flesh-coloured ones (whether realistic or not)

I found a little way round this @Silkyhat - if you go to Sex Toys > Dildos > Filter > Colour, then just select all colours except the flesh coloured ones and that should bring up what you’re after :blush:

3 Likes

Thanks! Good workaround @SexInTheCity!

1 Like

Hello,
I find myself looking for new toys to buy and I always look at the reviews to get a feel of how the item will perform. The issue I have with the website is that most of the reviews are positive which can be good but from reading them the reviews are written on how the toy made them feel not how the toy is made/operates/feels which is feel is a very inaccurate way to review the items, or they are written to show off their creative writing skills.

On the review section of items there are sorting options but I feel they should function better. The first option Newest : should allow you to also show the oldest and Rating should allow you to obviously see the the highest rated but it is very important to also see the reviews that give the item low ratings as they highlight the issues people had with the item or flaws in the item.
With the current system there is no way to see the lower rating reviews if there are lots of reviews without scrolling through every higher rated review first which sometimes puts me off the item.

I wanted to write this post to provide a little bit of feedback that I feel could be discussed but this is also my personal opinion of my experiences of the site so if you know of a way to see lower rating reviews first I am open to hearing them

2 Likes