The Great Pub Quiz Game Thread

And I’ll make this one ‘live’ here in the Quiz Topic: :slightly_smiling_face:

Squiffy Picture Round!
Lingerie Style

Ah no! I’ve spilled lube all over my Lovehoney lingerie catalogue! I’ve tried to fix them but I’m worried they’re looking a bit ‘Monkey Jesus’. You can still tell what they are, right…?

Can you identify these lingerie items on the Lovehoney website? (and how quick can you do it… :slightly_smiling_face:)

Scoreboard ?/10 Time
:eagle: @LuciousLegs 10/10 ~25-29m
@For_Your_Eyes_Only_x 8/10 25m 02s

I’ll give it a bash…

My attempt…
  1. Lovehoney Plus Size Raven Belle Black Lace Front-Fastening Underwired Bra Set (very easy as have this one…)

2. Lovehoney Fleur Allure Blue Lace Open-Cup Chemise Set (… and have this one too :joy:)

3. Dreamgirl Aqua Blue Halterneck Lace Body

4. Lovehoney Treasure Me Purple Plunge Chemise Set

5. Lovehoney Passion Flower Red Lace Babydoll Set

6. Lovehoney Plus Size Boudoir Belle Cherry Push-Up Longline Bra Set

7. ? (Thought this one would be relatively easy?)

8. Lovehoney Plus Size All About That Lace Fishnet Bodystocking

9. Lovehoney Plus Size Seduce Me Push-Up Basque Set

10. ? (Nope. No idea. Tried a few searches but no luck).

25 minutes, 2 seconds.

Thanks @Ian_Chimp, browsing beautiful lingerie on a rainy Monday afternoon was quite lovely! Now to get others involved… :joy:

1 Like

I’m quite pleased with that. :slightly_smiling_face: I thought it may be a little too easy compared to the others, but 25 minutes is a good runtime. :+1:

I did try and throw in a couple of trickier ones, so we’ll see if anyone gets number 10 as I may have gone too far… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

(07/07/21)

The Great Hump Day Quiz! 🐪

Welcome to another Great Hump Day Quiz!

We’re always trying to add more people to our quiz gang, so check out how to hide your answers, pop them in a post, and I’ll add you to the Scoreboard. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Where do the questions come from?

I found a mysterious old box of trivial pursuit, with even more trivial pursuits stuffed inside. It is a treasure trove of quiz questions, and all of them really old. :slightly_smiling_face: Perfect fodder for a Hump Day special. :+1:

Piecing together a few bits and bobs, there were three sets, and a couple of the instructions. One is a Genus Edition, dated 2001, and the other the 20th Anniversary one, 2004. There’s also another old style board and questions in there that looks/smells quite a bit older. That’s the box they’re all stuffed in, and that has ©1983 printed on it. No instructions, so not sure if that’s accurate. That one says it’s a Master Game Genus Edition.

(Edit: Now with an added sprinkling of more recent questions too :+1::slightly_smiling_face:)

So, there you go. It’s a bit random, but it should add to the fun. :slightly_smiling_face:

Categories:

💙 Geography
  1. What is the name of the half-sunken, ancient stone city on the Micronesian island of Pohnpei?

2. The active volcano Popocatepetl is located about 40 miles from which capital city?

3. Which island drink, invented in Puerto Rico in the 1950s, has a Spanish name that translates into English as ‘strained pineapple’?

4. Which country’s current European monarchy traces its direct roots back a thousand years to the Viking era?

5. Almeria, in Spain, is known for its 64,000 acres of what - beaches, greenhouses, or soccer fields?

💗Entertainment
  1. How many characters named Heather are there in the movie Heathers?

2. Bamm-Bamm is the son of which Stone Age couple?

3. Which artist had the fastest-selling album of 2015, moving 3.38 million copies in its first week of release?

4. At which fictional high school would you find Zack, Jessie, Slater and Kelly?

5. In which professional sprot did Jason Lee make a name for himself, before starting in the TV show My Name is Earl?

💛 History
  1. Which civic service did Venezuelan president Nicolas Maduro provide before entering into politics?

2. Which country ended production of its 1 cent coin in 2012 - Canada, Australia or New Zealand?

3. What startling discovery did Stonehenge experts make when they didn’t have a hose long enough to water the grass beside the monument?

4. What act did Pope Benedict XVI undertake, making him the first pope to do so in nearly 600 years?

5. Which Powhatan Native American woman changed her name to Rebecca Rolfe and married a Jamestown colonist?

💩 Art & Literature
  1. In literary criticism, which colour is used to describe prose that is particularly over the top, flowery, or melodramatic?

2. What language is spoken by someone who is a lusophone?

3. What is the artistic term for the radiant light or halo that surrounds sacred or mythological figures in classical art?

4. In music, ritardando means to speed up. True or false?

5. Which American author and poet penned the defiant line: “But still, like dust, I’ll rise”?

💚 Science & Nature
  1. What fraction of 18-carat gold is pure?

2. What celestial body is the centre of the Jovian system?

3. What is the common name for the fruit Citrus grandis?

4. What does a polyorchid person have at least three of?

5. What are sheep if cats are feline?

🧡 Sprot & Leisure
  1. What’s the Australian snacktime favourite that’s made with white bread, butter or margarine, and rainbow-coloured sprinkles?

2. Which social networking website closed down in 2016 after 16 years of helping to reconnect old school friends?

3. A ‘jump shot’ is a move in billiards. True or false?

4. On which day of the week is Ladies’ Day at Royal Ascot?

5. Which fashion designer was not only design director at Ralph Lauren but also an accomplished figure skater?

Scoreboard

Total :blue_heart: :heartpulse: :yellow_heart: :poop: :green_heart: :orange_heart:
@MsSubExperimenter 20 3 4 3 2 4 4
@SexInTheCity 17½ 3 2 4 3 4
@Peitho 17 3 3 2 2 4 3
@WillC 17 4 3 1 2 4 3
@Ian_Chimp 15 3 3 1 3 2 3
The Answers

| :blue_heart: Geography | :heartpulse: Entertainment
— | — | —

1. Nan Madol
    (It inspired author H.P. Lovecraft’s fabled city of R’lyeh, home of Cthulhu) | 1. Three
  2. Mexico City | 2. Barney and Betty Rubble
  3. Piña Colada | 3. Adele
    (The album is 25)
  4. Denmark
    (Historians consider Denmark to have the world’s oldest existing monarchy) | 4. Bayside High
    (In Saved by the Bell)
  5. Greenhouses | 5. Skateboarding
    |
    :yellow_heart: History |
    :poop: Arts & Literature |
  6. Driving buses | 1. Purple
  7. Canada | 2. Portuguese
  8. It was once a complete circle
    (Patch marks showed up as patches where missing stones once stood) | 3. Nimbus
  9. Resign
    (The previous pope to do so was Pope Gregory XII in 1415) | 4. False
    (It means to slow down; accelerando means to speed up)
  10. Pocahontas | 5. Maya Angelou
    (In one of her most memorable poems, “Still I Rise”)
    |
    :green_heart: Science & Nature |
    :orange_heart: Sprot & Leisure |
  11. Three-quarters | 1. Fairy Bread
  12. Jupiter | 2. Friends Reunited
  13. Grapefruit Pomelo | 3. True
    (As well as being a shot in basketball)
  14. Testicles | 4. Thursday
  15. Ovine | 5. Vera Wang
WillC Answers

Geography

1, No idea
2, Mexico
3, Pina Colada?
4, Denmark?
5, Greenhouses?

Entertainment

1, 4?
2, Barney and Betty Rubble
3, Adele?
4, No idea!
5, Skateboarding

History

1, No idea
2, New Zealand?
3, No idea
4, No idea
5, Pocahontas

Art and Literature

1, Purple
2, Sign Language?
3, No idea
4, False? Going on what word it sounds like but i’m not allowed to post!
5, No idea

Science and Nature

1, 75%
2, Jupiter
3, Orange
4, Testicles!
5, Ovine

Sprot and Leisure

1, Lamington?
2, Friends Reunited
3, True?
4, Thursday?
5, No idea

1 Like

Okay… early morning quizzing…

💙 Geography
  1. To my disgust I don’t know this and I thought I was pretty good at ancient history… think I’m more Greek and Roman based though.
  2. Mexico City
  3. Pina Colada?
  4. Now this may be a really stupid answer but I have a feeling I’ve heard somewhere that it’s ours! British… maybe
  5. :thinking: Ive a feeling it’s Greenhouses but will go for Football Fields (not Soccer) given current situation… no, bugger that, I’m competitive - Greenhouses!
💗 Entertainment
  1. :woman_shrugging:t2: Never heard of it… 3?
  2. Barney and Betty Rubble
  3. :woman_shrugging:t2: Ed Sheeran?
  4. Bayside (Click me)
  5. :woman_shrugging:t2: Bowling?
💛 History
  1. :woman_shrugging:t2: Bin man?
  2. :woman_shrugging:t2: Australia?
  3. :woman_shrugging:t2: A magic spring? :joy:
  4. :thinking: Resigned?
  5. Pocahontas? …though if so then Disney changed quite a bit! :joy:
💩 Art and Literature
  1. Purple
  2. :woman_shrugging:t2: All the Tolkein languages?
  3. Aura?
  4. 50/50 - False?
  5. :woman_shrugging:t2:
💚 Science and Nature
  1. 75%
  2. Jupiter
  3. :woman_shrugging:t2: Grapefruit?
  4. An orchidometer is used to measure the size of testicles (as I learned from Mackenzie Crook on Would I Lie To You) so presumably testicles?
  5. Ovine
🧡 Sprot and Leisure
  1. Not a clue… A rainbow bread pudding?
  2. Friends Reunited?
  3. True… I think :thinking:
  4. Thursday
  5. Rachel Green? She (fictitiously) worked at Ralph Lauren :joy:

Thanks @Ian_Chimp - Geography and Science okay, didn’t know any in History! :rofl:

1 Like

Ooh, ooh, ooh - I’m at the top!!! On this occasion I do not need lots of others forum users joining in @MsSubExperimenter , @VanillaWithSprinkles , @FL45H , @SexInTheCity , @Purring-Pussy :rofl:

I am also very surprised that :green_heart:3 was correct though am feeling more stupid about :blue_heart:4.

@Ian_Chimp am I allowed a golden edit, not to change any answers, but to add in the link I meant to and left a place holder for before going on to answer the rest of the questions and then completely forgetting to go back and add the link?

3 Likes

Congratulations!
You found the Secret VIP Party Room!
:partying_face::balloon::balloon:

Don’t forget to click on the wiki button and add your name to the guest book: :slightly_smiling_face:

Latest guests:

Baddod87
Deanna32
TandS2015
Pixie40
Onlysortabixxx
Colourful_Otter
M-sfnb1
mightymike
ceemcg91
Gareth
Kandl97
Boytoyrenato
ElmWood

The Full Guest Book

Go Back

This is a wiki post 👇 
53 Likes

Done :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Will try and have a look after work today!

2 Likes

So I think I took ages, forgot to do a proper stop clock and also got side-tracked in the searches for other items but somewhere around 25 - 30 (mainly so I don’t end up in the 30s :wink:)

Really enjoyed it and ended up searching parts of the site I don’t generally go to and found a few things for the misses

Surprisingly number 7 was the hardest one for me, although searing for that helped me find number 1 and 10

1 Lovehoney Plus Size Raven Belle Black Lace Front-Fastening Underwired Bra Set
2 Lovehoney Fleur Allure Blue Lace Open-Cup Chemise Set
3 Dreamgirl Aqua Blue Halterneck Lace Body
4 Lovehoney Treasure Me Purple Plunge Chemise Set
5 Lovehoney Passion Flower Red Lace Babydoll Set
6 Lovehoney Plus Size Boudoir Belle Cherry Push-Up Longline Bra Set
7 Exposed Wet Look and Tartan Suspender Dress
8 Lovehoney Plus Size All About That Lace Fishnet Bodystocking
9 Lovehoney Plus Size Seduce Me Push-Up Basque Set
10 Allure Faux Leather Harness Strappy Body

2 Likes

That’s some superior searching skills. :slightly_smiling_face::+1: I think I may need to rustle you up a trophy of some sort… :female_detective::eagle::eyes: :slightly_smiling_face:

Finally a chance to do the hump day quiz again!!!

Answers to Hump Day Quiz

Geography:

1. No idea
  2. Mexico City
  3. Pina colada?
  4. Sweden
  5. Greenhouses

Entertainment:

1. No idea… 0? (I feel like it may be a trick question)
  2. No idea
  3. Adele
  4. I think they’re saved by the bell characters but I can’t remember the school name
  5. Golf?

History:

1. No idea
  2. Canada
  3. They found where other stones would have stood in the circle because of the ground drying up
  4. No idea
  5. No idea

Art & Lit:

1. Purple
  2. Portuguese
  3. No idea
  4. False
  5. Maya Angelou

Science & Nature:

1. 75%
  2. Jupiter
  3. Grapefruit?
  4. No idea
  5. Ovine

Sprot & Leisure:

1. Fairy bread
  2. Friends reunited?
  3. No idea
  4. Thursday
  5. Vera Wang

Fairly rusty :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I have added the answers to the quiz post :slightly_smiling_face:

And the winner of the Great Hump Day Quiz this week is… :drum::drum::drum:

SexInTheCity :trophy::balloon:

@MsSubExperimenter :trophy::balloon:

Congratulations! :slightly_smiling_face:

And the solitary Clean-Sweeper this week is the one and only…

Peitho :green_heart:

Edit: A small revision or two to this week’s scoring… :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Ah… I forgot to wait. :slightly_frowning_face: If you promise not to look at the answers I’ll still mark your card. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you! Will do it now - crashed out after work! :zzz:

2 Likes
Thanks @Ian_Chimp

:blue_heart: Geography

1. What is the name of the half-sunken, ancient stone city on the Micronesian island of Pohnpei? Ask Dora the Explorer!
  2. The active volcano Popocatepetl is located about 40 miles from which capital city? Mexico City?
  3. Which island drink, invented in Puerto Rico in the 1950s, has a Spanish name that translates into English as ‘strained pineapple’? Pina Colada?
  4. Which country’s current European monarchy traces its direct roots back a thousand years to the Viking era? Denmark?
  5. Almeria, in Spain, is known for its 64,000 acres of what - beaches, greenhouses, or soccer fields? Beaches?

:heartpulse:Entertainment

1. How many characters named Heather are there in the movie Heathers? 4?
  2. Bamm-Bamm is the son of which Stone Age couple? Barney and Betty Rubble?
  3. Which artist had the fastest-selling album of 2015, moving 3.38 million copies in its first week of release? Adele?
  4. At which fictional high school would you find Zack, Jessie, Slater and Kelly? Bayside (Saved By The Bell)
  5. In which professional sprot did Jason Lee make a name for himself, before starting in the TV show My Name is Earl? Skateboarding?

:yellow_heart: History

1. Which civic service did Venezuelan president Nicolas Maduro provide before entering into politics? Teacher?
  2. Which country ended production of its 1 cent coin in 2012 - Canada, Australia or New Zealand? Canada?
  3. What startling discovery did Stonehenge experts make when they didn’t have a hose long enough to water the grass beside the monument? Underground lake?
  4. What act did Pope Benedict XVI undertake, making him the first pope to do so in nearly 600 years? Resignation?
  5. Which Powhatan Native American woman changed her name to Rebecca Rolfe and married a Jamestown colonist? Pocahontas?

:poop: Art & Literature

1. In literary criticism, which colour is used to describe prose that is particularly over the top, flowery, or melodramatic? Purple?
  2. What language is spoken by someone who is a lusophone? No idea
  3. What is the artistic term for the radiant light or halo that surrounds sacred or mythological figures in classical art? Corona?
  4. In music, ritardando means to speed up. True or false? False?
  5. Which American author and poet penned the defiant line: “But still, like dust, I’ll rise”? No idea, Emily Barrett-Browning?

:green_heart: Science & Nature

1. What fraction of 18-carat gold is pure? 18/24 carats, not sure what the question is asking for? 3/4?
  2. What celestial body is the centre of the Jovian system? Jupiter?
  3. What is the common name for the fruit Citrus grandis? Pomelo?
  4. What does a polyorchid person have at least three of? Irises?
  5. What are sheep if cats are feline? Ovine?

:orange_heart: Sprot & Leisure

1. What’s the Australian snacktime favourite that’s made with white bread, butter or margarine, and rainbow-coloured sprinkles? TimTam? :woman_shrugging:t2:
  2. Which social networking website closed down in 2016 after 16 years of helping to reconnect old school friends? Friends Reunited?
  3. A ‘jump shot’ is a move in billiards. True or false? True?
  4. On which day of the week is Ladies’ Day at Royal Ascot? Thursday?
  5. Which fashion designer was not only design director at Ralph Lauren but also an accomplished figure skater? Vera Wang?
1 Like

And we have a new winner! :slightly_smiling_face:

@MsSubExperimenter :trophy::tada:

Congratulations! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Congratulations to @MsSubExperimenter! :slightly_smiling_face: Also @Peitho for the clean sweep!

2 Likes

Congratulations @MsSubExperimenter (…and commiserations @SexInTheCity for the last minute snatching of victory! :joy:)

Thanks @Ian_Chimp… though having now looked up :green_heart:3, I think @SexInTheCity and myself and the question cards need a point docked and @MsSubExperimenter gets an extra one. Apparently Citrus Grandis is a Pomelo and Citrus Paradisi is a Grapefruit :woman_shrugging:t2:.
(Also, you spelt Jupiter wrong! :joy:)

…but Thank you, Thank you! …and I really appreciate it!!!

2 Likes