The Hair on Your Head.

Long locks, pixie crops. Come to bed eyes framed by a fringe....

I got a hair thang, baby.

So share your hair dos with us, OA. I would love to hear your beauty rituals and tips.

I'm using the Aussie range at the mo. Every now and then I make my own hot wrap with olive oil and cling film and I have been known to use bananas and beer too.

But despite all the hair love I have to admit being turned off by men with ponytails. More power to men rocking the look but in chez Tigerlilies I'm the hair diva and I don't like being upstaged.

My own barnett is made of bouncing, brunette, Birth of Venus, Bottecili curls. Half wavy, half corkscrew and it's all down to *here* Being half Italian rules.

Feel free to indulge in your own hair vanity and tell us how gorgeous your locks are, OA. Self love is encouraged

Wow, your locks sound... divine! I love hearing about DIY hair tips too, only thankfully now I'm slightly more knowledgeable about 'what's worth trying' - lemon juice for natural highlights?! Maybe it does work, but can't imagine that it does wonders for your hair's health.

Does anyone have any good tricks to keep frizzy hair in check, without resorting to serum or post-wash products? Any good recipes for 'hair masks' (your oil wrap sounds intriguing, Tigerlilies!)?

Wow TL your hair sounds amazing!!

Mine is long and naturally blonde - stops just below my shoulder blades usually but can get almost to waist length at its longest. I have a choppy fringe/bangs around my face too. It's very fine and naturally pretty straight with a very gentle wave if I let it dry naturally.

I've only just started taking real care of it, I wash and condition with John Frieda Blonder and use a mix of men's hair wax and serum to smooth fly aways or lashings of hairspray brushed through (to keep it soft and mobile) for the static. I straighten my bangs too.

On men - I love short hair, I'm not a fan of long haired men at all! WandA has his buzzed to an almost military style and I love it!

Ax

your hair does sound gorgeous TL, as does AdnaWs! LOVE long blonde hair, yummy.

My hair is the result of naturally curly mum and straight haired dad so I get the frizzy loadsa hair look. I have to straighten it to get it nice and silky... gah.

I keep it long without a fringe, and its dark brunette, natural colour, as seen on my photos

Usually get it framed round my face, as choppy as possible, and keep it with a length reaching my shoulder blades I guess.

xx

Errrr... I need a haircut...

I don't like long hair on men, for the same reason I don't like pink on 'em. I like that a certain feminine look exists to me and smelly goth rockers spoil the idea of lovely long locks. Fair enough if others want it!

I use a special little thing called Testa E Spalle (it makes it sound classy like that see and you should get it...). Smells a bit like melons!

Ooooo we almost have a full Italian on the LH forums with you and SG! We are truly international!

Mines SUPER thick too. Ridiculously so. I also have an annoying double crown so there exists a lovely sticky up clashed bit sometimes. Being so thick it does mean when I've come out the bath I look like a Manga character.

WandA wrote:

Mines SUPER thick too. Ridiculously so. I also have an annoying double crown so there exists a lovely sticky up clashed bit sometimes. Being so thick it does mean when I've come out the bath I look like a Manga character.

It looks good wet - dry it's a bit fluffy hehe! That's why he suits it short - he refuses to gel it when it's longer so it goes fluffy!

Ax

It's currently boob lenth and dyed black. That is about it...

Lol!

I'm bald as a coot! The only one in my family. My great Grandad who was Italian was the only other bald male in our family for yonks then me! I possibly have his genes but my head did go on fire some years ago and what I did have got burnt off and never grew back properly so I just kept it shaven smooth.

I went food shopping with my daughter only yesterday and from across the market she held aloft a 12 pack of large free range eggs and shouted "Here's your long lost brothers dad!"

Bitch! Lol

SG x

Sex makes a total mess of mine. It back combs itself on the pillow if he's on top!

SS xx

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

Lol!

I'm bald as a coot! The only one in my family. My great Grandad who was Italian was the only other bald male in our family for yonks then me! I possibly have his genes but my head did go on fire some years ago and what I did have got burnt off and never grew back properly so I just kept it shaven smooth.

I went food shopping with my daughter only yesterday and from across the market she held aloft a 12 pack of large free range eggs and shouted "Here's your long lost brothers dad!"

Bitch! Lol

SG x

I have a thing for bald men *swoon* My OH is bald too. Very Vin Diesel. rawr! xxx

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

Lol!

Bitch! Lol

SG x

Your head was on fire?

SS xx

I'm sorry SG - but I like your daughter! Haha.

Inherited your sense of humour then ey?

Ax

WandA wrote:

Errrr... I need a haircut...

I don't like long hair on men, for the same reason I don't like pink on 'em. I like that a certain feminine look exists to me and smelly goth rockers spoil the idea of lovely long locks. Fair enough if others want it!

I use a special little thing called Testa E Spalle (it makes it sound classy like that see and you should get it...). Smells a bit like melons!

Ooooo we almost have a full Italian on the LH forums with you and SG! We are truly international!

Pink.

I asked a lab rat to design me a new sheet for putting information on for work this week. I went in last night and he'd left me a copy for approval. . . . .it was bloody pink in parts. He thought he'd add a bit of colour to the old black and white style to jazz it up a bit. I've left him a note with it for today saying if he can beat me in an arm wrestle. . . . .we go pink!

We will not be going pink.

SG

i used to have mine down to my bum untill i was about 17. then had it chopped off to just by my ears ( mum actually kept the ponytail i had cut off )

now its a kinda bob, my hairs usually fairly waivy and curls up when its wet/humid or raining. i'm blonde, but atm its still got some brown hair dye in it from august!

as for haircare i just wash and brush it.

SweetSubmission wrote:

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

Lol!

Bitch! Lol

SG x

Your head was on fire?

SS xx

Unfortunately yes SS!

I test fire fighting chemicals by basically lighting massive fires and trying to put them out with em! That one didn't go out! Lol

I do lab based work as well in research and development of said products too.

SG x

AdnaW wrote:

I'm sorry SG - but I like your daughter! Haha.

Inherited your sense of humour then ey?

Ax

Yup A!

She's a chip off the old block alright. I quite like her myself girl. . . . . .sometimes! External Media

SG x

Some random research I read claimed that apparently those old 60's style hair dryers are one of the best ways to kill headlice, heat kills em. Works well now 'cos loads are resistant to the chemical alternatives.

WandA wrote:

Some random research I read claimed that apparently those old 60's style hair dryers are one of the best ways to kill headlice, heat kills em. Works well now 'cos loads are resistant to the chemical alternatives.

Did you see those old photos in the Echo of Lewis' from years ago. It had one of the biggest hairdressers in europe! There were row upon row of those hairdryer contraptions!

SG is so hot his head almost spontaneously combusted!

Old hair dryers sound dangerous, if they kill the lice by heat what do they do to your roots? xxx