The Hair on Your Head.

WandA wrote:

Some random research I read claimed that apparently those old 60's style hair dryers are one of the best ways to kill headlice, heat kills em. Works well now 'cos loads are resistant to the chemical alternatives.

oil of gerainium also detters them really well. get the essential oil ( from boots) and put one or two drops in a jug of water after doing the shampoo and conditioner. rinse the gerainium oil and water through the hair, then wash it off under the shower head.

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

WandA wrote:

Some random research I read claimed that apparently those old 60's style hair dryers are one of the best ways to kill headlice, heat kills em. Works well now 'cos loads are resistant to the chemical alternatives.

Did you see those old photos in the Echo of Lewis' from years ago. It had one of the biggest hairdressers in europe! There were row upon row of those hairdryer contraptions!

Yep! Tis a shame its going/gone!

My hairdresser always use to tell me to just use a nit comb every day for 2 weeks and you'll be sorted!

Ax

How unsexy have I made TL's thread.... SORRY!

Nexas wrote:

My hair is currently shown in my picture, although now it's red and black ^_^

Oooh, where is the red?

Ax

Nexas wrote:

My hair is currently shown in my picture, although now it's red and black ^_^

Definatly have to see that Nexas hun.

Mine is similar to what its like in my pic but my fringe has grown and since I cant be bothered to cut it it is now brushed to the side.

As far as washing and conditioning...... i actually tend to use any good named brand thats on offer at the time, my hair just goes limp and greasy easily if I use anything cheap.

Nexas wrote:

Changed it. You can't see the red very well at all, but it's the only picture I've got with me with the red in it ^_^'

Nope, cant see the red very much im afraid but my ure tasty Nexas! =P

I can just make it out - looks good!

Ax

Nexas wrote:

LOL Thanks to both of you!

Not tasty at all though Malteser!

Oh im sure anyone would just love to nibble on you hun External Media

Shoulder-length very dark brown curls (unsurprisingly) Not sure where my curls come from cos neither of my parents have curls.

Nexas - your new pic looks great!

mimiaow - avoid humidity at all costs & don't blow-dry!

Short back and sides all the way, doesn't look fancy but it's practical and low maintenance. Though I'm a bit bored of it and might grow it out andplay around with it a bit. I also want to dye it green, but noone seems to sell permanent green dye. No idea why.

Why green?

I like short hair on blokes....much tidier and sexier imo!

Ax

Green is my favourite colour (after black (which I still defend as being a colour (it's got the same rights as pink! (many brackets)))) so might as well enjoy being young and free through the medium of hair. I've never grown it beyond my eyes, not only does it look horribly emo but it gets in the way. I always manage to cut it ridiculously short though, so I'll have mercy on my follicles and jut trim it for a while instead.

Student20 wrote:

Green is my favourite colour (after black (which I still defend as being a colour (it's got the same rights as pink! (many brackets)))) so might as well enjoy being young and free through the medium of hair. I've never grown it beyond my eyes, not only does it look horribly emo but it gets in the way. I always manage to cut it ridiculously short though, so I'll have mercy on my follicles and jut trim it for a while instead.

That's a pretty good reason!

Black is boring though - you should make green your favourite colour and be different External Media I like orange and purple best...bright colours make me happy.

Back on topic - I'd love to dye my hair but it's so porous it'd never go back to natural and I can't afford the upkeep!

Ax

AdnaW wrote:

Student20 wrote:

That's a pretty good reason!

Black is boring though - you should make green your favourite colour and be different External Media I like orange and purple best...bright colours make me happy.

Back on topic - I'd love to dye my hair but it's so porous it'd never go back to natural and I can't afford the upkeep!

Ax

Your best bet is to bleach it and buy a semi / Crazy colour and just keep topping the green up. At the moment my hair is really dark purple, sounds odd but think plumb! I'm usually blonde but wanted a change! I was a hairdresser and had a different hair colour each week so i get bored easily!

I'm lucky having such fine hair - it's still a good length, but it takes 10 minutes to wash, 10 to dry and 5 - 10 to style. Nothing at all really! I have quite a lot taken out of my fringe/bangs but other than that just a straight, one length cut - it's too fine for layers!

The other good thing about fineness (in response to AA's post!) is that I can tie it all off my face and neck easily when it's too hot and will live with it tied back on holiday to avoid the heat!

ILMM I love dark purple hair at the minute!! Dark purple and dark cherry look amazing! I also love died red hair (like Morbs')

What I'd love to know, is if anyone has achieved home dyed hair whilst keeping highlighted parts? I have natural highlights in my hair - so many different colours ranging from very fair blonde to almost brown - but I only like my colour in the summer. In the winter it goes a "dirty" blonde colour and I'd love to lighten it, but I'm scared of losing my highlights if I do it myself and I can't afford to get it done proffessionally. Has anyone achieved this at home?

Ax

Thinking about going red... Hmmm.

SS xx

I've always wanted curly hair - mine is as straight as it comes, no matter what I do to it I just can't get those curls!

Have tried the lush cow-pat-a-like henna hair dye which gives a gorgeous colour.

One of the kids at my school had hair lice killed by her mum pouring vodka all over her head!

x

masterandslave wrote:

I've always wanted curly hair - mine is as straight as it comes, no matter what I do to it I just can't get those curls!

x

Same with Ad, her hair is just too fine to curl.

SweetSubmission wrote:

Thinking about going red... Hmmm.

SS xx

I think you should!

masterandslave wrote:

x

I *can* curl mine, but they fall out withing half and hour!

Ax