The Hair on Your Head.

within*

i usually have short black hair, but i've been growing it, and i've had it blonde, then bright red and now i've recently dyed it purple

it's just past my shoulders now and i love having it longer, but i do miss my shorter black spiky hair

dying it black again soon.

as for hair care i just dye, wash & condition and straighten my hair, and use a little hairspray if i'm going somewhere nice!

I saw someone with green hair the other day and it reminded me of this thread, I really have to find some green dye now! The temporary stuff I've used before came out after one wash and wasn't particularly green to begin with anyway, I might have to raid the chemistry labs and create some myself. Can't be that hard.

Ad I'm in the same boat hun - too fine and now too long to stay in, even with the strongest of hairsprays tho am thinking of having the chop!

Have you tried rag rolling? I haven't yet but it's meant to last well. Just need some rags....

Anyone wanting to dye their hair do it - so much fun! Done mine red and purple in the past - love the pointing children in the supermarket!!!

x

My hair's about 1/3 the thickness it was at the start of the year: it's all been falling out from stress I'm getting it chopped off into a pretty bob soon to try and tidy up the straggley ends and to take the weight off so less falls out (hopefully!)

xxKPxx

masterandslave wrote:

Ad I'm in the same boat hun - too fine and now too long to stay in, even with the strongest of hairsprays tho am thinking of having the chop!

Have you tried rag rolling? I haven't yet but it's meant to last well. Just need some rags....

Anyone wanting to dye their hair do it - so much fun! Done mine red and purple in the past - love the pointing children in the supermarket!!!

x

Once - a very long time ago - it was VERY curly for a while but I didn't like it, I combed it and it turned to nice waves....a lot of effort for waves though haha!

Ax

KittyPurry wrote:

My hair's about 1/3 the thickness it was at the start of the year: it's all been falling out from stress External Media I'm getting it chopped off into a pretty bob soon to try and tidy up the straggley ends and to take the weight off so less falls out (hopefully!)

xxKPxx

Oh silly girl, why do you let yourself get so stressed! *Hugs* I know it's not as simple as that, but it's such a shame when it's something preventable like stress and you just can't do anything about it!

I hope the stress improves!

Pretty bob sounds lovely though!

Axx

Meds have thinned my hair a fair bit but it's better than a few years ago, just permanently moulting . Still it's fairly long, not as curly as it used to be, possibly a mid brown? Very soft though, I like my skin because it's clear and very soft, and my hair matches :) tsandard low maintenance 'style', needing trimmed, I really should do something with it, i avoid fringes due to having a huge cow's lick whenever I've had one!!

I used to have a proper emo cut back in the day, now it's a bit more messy and some what reminiscent of Keith Murray's hair from We Are Scientists - except jet black.

Oooh - I'd forgotton about this thread - I tried dying my hair 2 weeks ago...but I picked a colour almost identical to my natural colour *sighs*

Will try again once I know my hair won't fall out from doing it too regularly.

If anyone is blonde and wants to go blonder though, try the Garnier Nutrisse Radiant Blondes stuff - amazing!

Adx

Mines really thick!! dark almost black after years of colouring and now boob length!!

xx

i hav my hair shaven just like my bits! nice and short it hides the grey bits!!

my hair is exstreamly straight, exstreamly long, and very blonde. It's so straight that I can't curl it really, even with the strongest mouses and sprays it only lasts 2hours at most.... and it is so long I actually sit on it. I tend to trim it back to just below my shoulder blades every few months, but it just grows back so fast

I use some of the john frieda blonde range or charles worthington blonde range, which I tend to bulk buy from boots when on offer. I can't use conditioner as it does very bad things to my hair.

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Oooh - I'd forgotton about this thread - I tried dying my hair 2 weeks ago...but I picked a colour almost identical to my natural colour *sighs*

Will try again once I know my hair won't fall out from doing it too regularly.

If anyone is blonde and wants to go blonder though, try the Garnier Nutrisse Radiant Blondes stuff - amazing!

Adx

I haven't tired that one before will have to give it a go.

I have very straight hair that doesnt curl at all. It also gets split ends no matter what I do past shoulder length. I never blow dry it or straighten it either! Grrrrr!

I usually dye my hair a very deep plum almost black colour. Its Koleston Perfect, its a proper salon one as you have to buy the peroxide seperately and mix it in. Thankfully my mum is a hair dresser. I prefer those types of colours to shop[ brought ones as theirs more choice, you can mix them and the colour is more radiant for longer.

I have bright red shoulder length hair....really thick and glossy and have a natural kink to it.....so i tend to straighten it alot...................it takes alot of upkeep to keep the red vibrant........coloured every 3 -4 months and i have a colour wash i use inbetween to keep the colour looking good and keep it in condition. Also have it cut every 3-4 months as well........as its layered alot so they need keeping on top off!!

Id say its one of the main features about me...i get alot of comments on my hair, its quite funky looking and it does get alot of attention.........girls seem to love the cut...and men love the colour!!

I actually used to have hair long enough that i could sit on it...........never had it cut for years.........but im so glad i did..................i love my hair!!!

I have a chin-length dark brown bob and would love a section dyed bright blue on one side, just under the top layer, so that when my hair moves the blue just peeps out sometimes.

I'm 34, so am i a bit old for that kind of thing now?

I miss my mohawk!!

bumble wrote:

I have a chin-length dark brown bob and would love a section dyed bright blue on one side, just under the top layer, so that when my hair moves the blue just peeps out sometimes.

Definately not!

i'm 19 and since i was 14 i've dyed my hair black with red, black with blue, black with purple, plain purple, plain red, plain black and all the washed out colours in between and i have gotten compliments from older ladies than myself who wished they had the guts!

well if you have the guts do it because chances are people will be jealous that you were brave enough!

VW x

My hair is dark brown and naturally curly i have it highlighted to lighten it and i straighten it. Tend to use the bed head after party balm as i loooove the smell of it, herbal essence shampoo in raspberry and ive got some new pre straightening spray that smells lush but cant think of the brand right now x

Vampyrewillow wrote:

bumble wrote:

Definately not!

i'm 19 and since i was 14 i've dyed my hair black with red, black with blue, black with purple, plain purple, plain red, plain black and all the washed out colours in between and i have gotten compliments from older ladies than myself who wished they had the guts!

well if you have the guts do it because chances are people will be jealous that you were brave enough!

VW x

Ahh, cheers chick!

I wonder whether they wish they had the guts to do it or whether they just wish they were young enough to get away with it!

I don't want to be known as 'that silly cow trying to claw back her youth'!