The Little Thread of Photo and Video tips and tricks

I now use my iPhone on a tripod/selfie stick which came with a remote control button. A Christmas present from Mr H :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
We both use a photo vault app to store anything taken on our iPhones but it does take a bit of organisation and deleting :yawning_face: I like the idea of using an old phone @Holly_Love but the cameras only get better so not sure I’d be happy using my old one now (it’s very old, I don’t get a new one very often!).
The iPhone has many editing and capturing settings and I find it excellent for taking stuff for uploading here. Especially portrait mode which has 5 lighting settings.

2 Likes

I agree technology has improved alot but the phone we use is still fairly good it’s amazing what good lighting will do for photo quality. We recently started using a proper fixed lens camera and then use a card reader to transfer the photos to the phone from a separate sd card we keep for the naughty photos but that requires more set up and time than just grabbing the phone for some cheeky snaps.

2 Likes

Here is something I found out for filming cum shots where it may be unpracticed to place your own cum where you want in a photo or video . The fake cum I bought from here is just too uniform to look good in photos or video . What I found to give it that real look is to litely mix it with maybe 15-20% od clear water based lube . I am talking about storing it maybe 3/4 of a swirl . My photo results look way more real finally . Happy snapping !

I had been using Dropbox to transfer files between my devices, but recently learned that they actually keep a copy of your encryption key and could, if compelled to do so, gain access to all your files.

So I did some searching and found out about Mega, which gives 10 times the amount of storage on the free tier (20 GB vs 2GB) and gives you full ownership of encryption. They also have a built in chat, which I haven’t used yet, but as I was looking for a more secure way to send and receive risquĂ© photos to my wife in addition to giving her a way to access our content from her own devices, it seems like a fantastic solution for us so far.

1 Like

Practice first with different ways to film yourself so you know what the viewing angle is going to be like for the lucky person who will get to see it. Nothing worse than half a face or half a body in the video well that’s unless that’s what you are going for.

Remember to every now and then look into the camera lense so when the person is watching your video it looks like you are looking straight at them.

:+1:

2 Likes

“Nothing worse than half a face or half a body in the video well that’s unless that’s what you are going for.”
Some times it can take me several tries to get the shot or video I want . For photos It can be pretty quick , but for videos that are more involved and physical I may need to rest between takes . I made several videos using my suction holder similar to this photo only without any clothing and rather physical activity . Getting the camera angle , myself centered and lighting just right took three tries . https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/lingerie-photo-uploads/257652/70?u=oldman

1 Like

Just a quick tip for getting ‘that shot’ without having to take a million photos (from someone who takes these kinds of images for work)
Take a video instead!
I usually set up my ringlight and phone for taking underwear photos (I sell worn underwear as a side gig), and I find that taking videos make things so much easier.
Not only can you try out a bunch of poses, but you might actually find that ‘that shot’ happens in your transition between poses! (The first photo I uploaded in the lingerie thread actually happened after I fixed the way my bra strap was sitting https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/lingerie-photo-uploads/257652/1601?u=racyrosalee)
From your video, you can screenshot all the images you like (with the added bonus of being able to scroll through each frame), and then just work from that!
In addition, taking a video can remove some of the pressure of being ‘picture perfect’ for those who feel shy or discouraged! Also, you don’t always have to be centered, you can use the rule of thirds to change things up!

5 Likes

Wish they still sold that blue bra you are wearing as it’s stunning! @RacyRosalee

Thank you @hales14! However, it’s not actually from LoveHoney, so I can’t actually tell you exactly where I got it from, according to forum rules, but it’s actually from an Australian store!

1 Like

Just a reminder to play with shadows , they can be helpful or harmful . If you take a look at this photo you can see what fun shadows can be .
https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/lingerie-photo-uploads/257652/1805

Yesterday I tried a bit different camera position to film myself coming and it worked out very well . The camera was below and to one side while I was standing . The visual of my cum shooting out and falling next to the camera was just about perfect . Though it would be nice for more frames per second so a seamless slow motion for effect would be nice .

1 Like

Pay attention to every part of your shot, especially if you plan on uploading it, as mirror reflections may catch something a little more than you intended to show to the public :joy: and also expose people to more than they consented to seeing

My advice? No mirrors anywhere in your shoot space, or specifically in the areas you may be posing!

Quick addition: No, I haven’t done this :joy: but I’ve copped a few eyefuls I wasn’t prepared for/didn’t consent to seeing by scrolling through images on multiple platforms that wasn’t intended to be shown

2 Likes

Thanks for video top tip @RacyRosalee . We tried it for the first time at the weekend and it worked a treat.

2 Likes

You’re welcome, glad it helped! :smiling_face:

1 Like

@be3169 Like I said in your post If you really want to help people add your lighting/poses suggestions here so it’s all in one place.

This way it’s all in one place.

2 Likes

I wanted to let people know that you can very likely use your phone’s voice control to trigger the camera shutter. This is useful if you’re taking shots alone, saving the need to have a physical remote to press, or mess about before spending money on a remote, or maybe allowing people to try taking some snaps in different poses.

I’m sure you can do something similar on Android, but these are the steps for current Apple iOS.
Go to Settings > Accessibility > Voice Control and toggle the setting on.
You can then go into Voice Control > Commands.

You have a choice here, as the Volume Down button doubles as a camera shutter on iPhone, you can use the volume control command to take a picture in the Camera app. Simply open the Camera app and say “Turn Down Volume” to take a picture.

If you want to get a bit more fancy, you can make a custom command so you’re not saying “Turn Down Volume” 100 times. Open Voice Control > Commands > Custom > Create New Command.
Under Phrase, choose a phrase to trigger with, like “shutter”, but it can be any word or words.

In Commands > Custom > Application, choose the Camera app or whichever app you use to take pictures with.
Choose Action > Run Custom Gesture and then tap the screen where the shutter button would normally be in your camera app.

You can easily turn off the Accessibility feature when you’re not using it by adding a shortcut to it in Settings > Control Centre.

4 Likes

On android, open the camera and go to settings > shooting methods > turn on voice commands and/or ‘show palm’ function.

3 Likes

It’s amazing what phones can do when you go into the settings. They can take a perfectly acceptable picture without the need of expensive equipment.

2 Likes

Damn! I just suggested this topic but it’s already going on. Will read through all replies and then add my own points.

1 Like

@be3169 Always good to use the search function first so you aren’t posting the same things over and over. Some posts do get merged but it takes time.

2 Likes