The Lounge

@Green_Eyed_Girl Oh I didn’t know there was a specific animal thread :flushed: I’ve posted one it should be up in the next day or two once it gets approved.

1 Like

@sharbur, Good Excise to post another :wink:
Everyone love chinchillas

@sharbur Aaaawwww! He’s so cute :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Aww he’s possibly one of the cutest things I’ve ever seen! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Where can I get myself a Honeybadger @Oldman! Just what I need at the moment. I have the anxiety inducing job of going to the supermarket in a moment - a honeybadger would be very helpful, would certainly keep people away!

2 Likes

@sharbur aww, hes adorable :heart_eyes: so cute. I bet his fur is super soft

Good luck :heart: I hate going shopping for the same reason :-1: too many people, too many eyes, too many decisions :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head: the lockdowns increased my anxiety something crazy! But at least all the social distancing/masks gives us an excuse for not being able to speak/interact with people properly :+1::joy_cat:

2 Likes

@Kitty-Cat01 , @Very-Ape . I have had hidden anxiety for about 59 years , my heart surgery at 4 years old was a bit hard on me . Lucky for me I was able to ignore it until I was a rescue person . When I did the doctors job and figured out it was anxiety they prescribed meds . I do not like drugs in general and especially ones that made me feel hungover without the party to proceed it . When I quit the fire department full on PTSD really hammered me . In six months my neck was so tight I lost over 3/4" of height . They even shot my neck directly without any results . Then a firefighter lady I worked with suggested a subliminal cassette . In 1987 it cost about $8 US . The first time listening I thought I was going to join a cult . The second time while listening my neck snapped 5 times when the muscles relaxed for the first time in over half a year . I went through several tapes , many years later I bought a CD . I have given this info before here , but no idea where .
Search Success World , dr David Illig . Relieve Stress & Anxiety with Self Hypnosis & Subliminal Learning
I can tell you I would probably not be alive right now without it , I still use it every so often . I have it on my computer , also on CD and on my phone . One warning , DO NOT LISTEN TO IT WHILE DRIVING ! You will fall asleep . You will learn how to breath and relax even without the program . I got to talk to him on the phone years ago and thanked him for saving my life . Not sure what the download cost is these days . Looks like $20 Us for CD , or a few cents less to download . There are two tracks , one for bed time and the other works well if you have had a bad nights sleep and have at least an hour to go before you must get up , it makes you feel like you have had 8 hours of sleep . Give it a go and after trying it , share with anyone you know with anxiety .
:heart: :heart: :heart:

10 Likes

Thank you for sharing :heart::heart::heart: I usually go to sleep listening to podcasts so I could replace it with this :heart:

Second the breathing. Breath is intimately connected with mental state. You can’t do much about the latter directly but you can learn how to change your breathing patterns

1 Like

I use sleepcasts on the Headspace app (alternatives are available). They usually work, occasionally I get all the way to the end of one (they’re 45m long) so pick a different one and start again.

1 Like

Yes @Silkyhat , basic diaphragmatic breathing works for me when I need to calm down quickly. The breath and mind / body are deeply connected, I would never have thought it would make such a difference but it does. I was taught self hypnosis too which I use when I’m going through a rough patch, it tends to make me sleepy though!

3 Likes

@WillC @Kitty-Cat01 @SteelA1 thanks for the pep talk guys :heart:. Sorry, didnt mean to be a downer. Im really exhausted today and its making my mood pretty low. Pushed myself too hard yesterday.

4 Likes

Took me 3 days to get this one :rofl: just seen it after reading it for the 15th time

2 Likes

I think this one shows how much time my mind spends in the gutter - I got this in about 10 seconds! :rofl: :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I was going “tin, eye, hand, planet?” For the longest time :rofl:

4 Likes

You’re allowed to be down now and then snd there’s really no need to apologise :ok_hand: I’m constantly exhausted :smirk:

1 Like

Is that what you do for a living mate or that at home? :+1:

@SteelA1 no I am a business consultant which is a posh way of saying a trainer for apprenticeships that was a project I wanted to do last year mate but funds ran out so got it in the sale this year @SteelA1 :+1:

1 Like

Ah no worries. Looks the business mate :muscle: