The Lounge

I bet she came from horrific conditions :frowning:

2 Likes

I know a few people with Romanian rescue dogs. Lovely dogs but canā€™t be trusted off the lead. One family member has one and he is such an adorable big soft lump of a beast

3 Likes

She was a paranoid street dog. Is OK now apart from terrified of children, wonā€™t go in the garden if next doorā€™s screaming kids are out, always looks over her shoulder until people are out of sight, hates people coming up behind etc.

3 Likes

@Serpentwand We know a couple with a Romanian rescue and heā€™s perfect. Our English rescue i wouldnā€™t trust off the lead. He is adorable though!

1 Like

I sometimes think I like my dog more than I like peopleā€¦ :rofl::rofl: unconditional love from our 4 legged psycho dog

4 Likes

I definitely prefer dogs to most people! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Has everyone who has had a few dogs stuck with the same breed? I have had 3 all the same breed but all so very different Nd individual

1 Like

Oh that was so yesterday today is a new day :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

We have had 3 border collie/cross rescue dogs since we got married, they were all perfect. Our current rescue dog weā€™ve had 18 months, heā€™s a Staffie/Jack Russell cross and he is perfect, so loveable.

1 Like

The Banat region doesnā€™t sound much of a holiday destination according to my 1889 geography book -

During the summer heats the swampy tracts are plagued with myriads of flies or gnats, which form perfect clouds, attack the cattle, horses and swine, often with fatal effect from their numbers. The peasants protect themselves by lighting great fires of materials which burn slowly and make much smoke, to which the animals fly for refuge. :mosquito: :mosquito: :mosquito: :mosquito:

Ours have all been different (cross) breeds, whatever the rescue centres or people in woods had that we found acceptable. Usually the biting unsuitable with children types but we heal quickly. :drop_of_blood: Actually tigers are worse, we had some tiger cubs on our knees once and their claws make domestic cats feel like cuddly toys. :tiger2:

2 Likes

We just chose the most pathetic ones who were nervous wrecks and gradually got them confident. Or as with our current one, we just fell in love with him at first sight. He was in Birmingham dogs home and they wanted to rehome him with the dog he had came in with. But due to circumstances we could only take on one smallish dog. So we carried on looking. We visited a local dogā€™s home a week later, an offshoot of Birmingham Dogā€™s Home, and he had been transferred to thereā€¦fate! But again they wanted to rehome him with the other much larger dog. We kept going back as we saw no other dogs that fit our requirements. Then my OH went on her day off, they said we could have him as the other dog had been assessed by the police and said it had pitbull genes and couldnā€™t be rehomed. So after a month we actually got him.

1 Like

These brash Northern girls! What can ya do?
:kiss:

3 Likes

@WillC seriously? Iā€™m a huuuge Peter Capaldi fan.
Tell us more!

1 Like

ā€˜Somebody You Lovedā€™ - great video, promoting an organ transplant charity, I like the version of the song which has a beat to it.

@Orgasm_Chaser sorry I couldnā€™t post - not allowed to more than 3 times in a row! But Peter Capaldi is a fab actor. Recently in Doctor Who, but tons of other stuff.

2 Likes

Hey guys. Anyone still around?

Unfortunately I donā€™t watch Dr who. Iā€™m not really a sci fi person. Honestly I just donā€™t ā€˜getā€™ it. I watched stranger things and my brain is boggled

@Orgasm_Chaser youā€™re not a scifi fan ? Sorry we canā€™t be friends anymore. Lol.

Love scifi myself and the original Star Wars are the best in my opinion. One thing that blows me away is the show Dark on Netflix. I think Iā€™ll need to watch all the series together because currently my head is spinning.

2 Likes

I hope you understand what Iā€™m saying though. As much as Iā€™m 5rying to concentrate I just canā€™t get into it. Iā€™ll go as far as watching quantum leap lol

1 Like

All of our dogs have been rescues :purple_heart: I genuinely believe that the dog picks you as much as you pick it :blush:

A golden lab from a broken home.

Black lab and collie that had to be rehomed together (It was love at first sight with the lab for me. Fate played a part as the collie apparently hated men and wouldnā€™t let people touch her but she couldnā€™t get enough of my 6ft plus dad stroking the full length of her)

A proper Heinz 57 who looked kind of like a half height Alsatian from the top, all caramel colours underneath - think I still miss him the most!

A tall lurcher who was rescued from death row up north.

Now have another lurcher who looks so delicate and elegant, a million miles from our previous one!

All have definitely had their own personalities and quirks, thereā€™s not really any breed similarities that Iā€™ve noticed.

4 Likes

You are so right, as soon as we saw the dogs we rescued there was an instant mutual connection, no matter how bedraggled and nervous they were. Our current dog is the only one that hasnā€™t got issues from being mistreated. Our others, we mended their damaged personalities and got them trusting humans again. I do have an affinity with animals and children, somehow we just get on instantly.

1 Like