The Lounge

@teacake ordinary that is exactly how it would go :joy: maybe the recent uptake of meditation is a good thing :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Forum back to normal thanks. Took a couple of refreshing to get it back for me.

All fixed for me too thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah. I had same thing but back to normal here too :+1:

Amazing! Thanks @Lovehoney_Brenna

Hello

Hey @kitty4love24 :wave:
Thereā€™s a section of the forum called ā€˜Introduce Yourselfā€™ where you will get way more response on this. Just start a new thread saying hi and folks will typically be super friendly :+1:

1 Like

Thank you sweetheart

1 Like

Nail polish - chit chat - #840 by Ian_Chimp

@Ian_Chimp ā€¦ I think this is one of the classist ā€œI donā€™t agree with youā€ posts I have ever seen. Good on you!

Letā€™s start with looking at user profiles. If I am discussing something back and forth with a user I will usually look at the profile but if itā€™s a one off reply not so much. I canā€™t know everything about everyone. Love my discussions with batjambouree, Jocat, Rockstar, etc. Doesnā€™t mean I look up the profile for Bob that posted once.

1 Like

Just as an extra forum tip, thereā€™s also a nifty little filter in the user card as well where if thereā€™s more than one post by them you can filter the topic to just a view of their posts. This can be quite handy for the photo topics as well as the My Reviews one (though even on others it can prove quite interesting :slight_smile:)

For not pulling up mine, shame on youā€¦ I have a few more contributions than Bob who posted once. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just a couple more then :joy::joy::joy:

Although in fairness you havenā€™t been as visible the last couple of months. So maybe not so much a prominent fixture to some of the new members.

1 Like

This is a fair point. I have not been posting nearly as much as I used to. :frowning: Iā€™m still around and about though having a read in the background. :slight_smile:

Perhaps I need to slyly add myself to the Welcome topic and the Discobot tutorials to keep myself relevant. :thinking: :slight_smile:

8 Likes

LOLā€¦ fair point. Is a ā€œuser cardā€ different than a profile page? Still trying to get this message board programming figured out in some ways. Appreciated the tips btw. Yes, I know you can search all this stuff, the problem is you have to know you need to search something.

The user card is what pops up when you click on a username on a post (or an @mention, eg @ian_chimp). And then if you click on the username in that it will take you to the profile page proper (eg. https://lovehoneyforum.com/u/ian_chimp/summary)

Yeah, Discourse [1] has a lot of features and if youā€™re not the ā€˜click every button and see what happensā€™ type then itā€™s easy to miss some useful bits. To be honest, even if you are a ā€˜click everythingā€™ person then itā€™s still easy to miss some. :slight_smile: They add new stuff all the time (like the [grid] tag for displaying images) so thereā€™s often an extra treasure to find even when you think you already know everything.

There are a few basic tips in the How To, and the Discobot Tutorials can help with some others, but I think most people here are generally happy keeping it simple and donā€™t use a lot of the bells and whistles.

But if you ever come across something you think should exist but canā€™t find, or want to do something and arenā€™t sure how or if itā€™s possible, then you can send out a bat signal in The Sandbox and Iā€™ll try and help as best I can. :+1:

1. this particular forum software ā†©ļøŽ

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to explain things to me about ā€œdiscourseā€ @Ian_Chimp . I have lots of experience with most commercial message boards but this one is completely new to me. Still trying to figure a few things out.

2 Likes

Hi @Dirty-Wife ā€¦ just wondering how Simba is settling into his new home? Hope all the family is doing well in your new residence!

1 Like

Hey. Yeah heā€™s settled in really well, first couple of nights he was a little unsettled, but heā€™s with Blu which helped a lot. Heā€™s definitely getting a lot of fuss too :joy:

3 Likes

Great news, a bit unsettled to start with is not at all unexpected or unreasonable. Iā€™m glad Bluā€™s helping him :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

2 Likes

Happy Thursday @KentCouple1990 :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Thank you. Got a lovely long list of things Iā€™m doing so itā€™s going to be a good day :blush::blush:

1 Like