The Lovehoney Forum's Guide to Pegging! (Wiki)

Hi @WordsOfMrA , I did a bit of Googling and could just post the straight forward answer that in 2001, Dan Savage challenged readers of his column to coin a name for “the sex act in which a woman uses a strap-on dildo to perform anal sex on her male partner”. After multiple nominations and a reader vote, the verb “peg” was chosen, with a 43% plurality over runners-up “bob” and “punt”. It seems to have stuck from there.

However, in the course of my Googling I came across this article, which, once you get past the issues with the terminology I thought was a really interesting read with parts we could definitely incorporate into our guide. What do people think?

2 Likes

Hi @Peitho. Thanks for that, it makes for a good read.
Given the only options, ‘pegging’ is definitely the best term but I wholely agree with the article…anal play is a much better wording for it!
Thanks again.

1 Like

Thats a really good read, really important to get another perspective of it. And I think that everyones feelings about pegging with differ slightly.

For me pegging is exactly what they’ve said, anal sex with a strap on and everyone can peg or be pegged. It’s not just women penetrating men. But I get that someone decided it needed its own name.

I think that article also confirms the need to remove gender from the wiki, bc its not just a woman penetrating a man and to say that it is, excludes a lot of peoples experiences.

There was only 1 reference, so I’ve taken it out and added a wee bit to the opening paragraph of Why do people peg? but I feel it needs a tweak, if someone wants to jump in.

2 Likes

I would like to help you dobl this if possible

I am absolutely dying to get pegged! Like in my top 3 fantasies!

2 Likes

It was kind of funny how I became a fan of anal play that led to pegging . After some heavy partying and a quick shower together , we got on the bed and were starting to warm up for some sensual action . Starting off in 69 I felt an unannounced finger penetrate my anus . At that point I found out my wife had wanted to anally play with me for 15 years but was scared to ask or bring it up . I "warmed up " to it quickly , even though I had never considered it . Within a week or so she was pegging me and I have never looked back .
Another section people do not talk much about is prepping and tips for making it less messy . I find my body guides me to when is a good time . After a bowl movement , there is more room and less chance of a mess . I have tried anal douching with limited results , often making things worse . That’s just me , anybody else with tips ?

2 Likes

Im open minded to the subject, but think id feel very out of control… obviously a large degree of trust is involved in such a sensitive region… having a finger inserted or vibrator held against anus feels great, but still a bit worried about deep penetration.!!

2 Likes

That is a large part of the arousal , her being the dominate one . For many guys it will be the first time you gave up control . Wife started pegging me a short twenty years ago , now it is a craving . I personally think a good presentation is a large part of having a repeat visiter to my back door . I have been hair free for at least 15 years along with learning how and when it will be a cleaner experience .

Would it be worth advising against anal numbing lube, as that can result in getting hurt if you can’t feel when you need your partner to stop or slow down?

2 Likes

Thats a really good shout and people do think it would be better, you should add it!

This would be amazing, maybe make a category for all these helpful tips

Small edits made

I would love to be able to recommend a podcast called ‘ruby ryder - pegging paradise episode #122’ for givers new to the idea of pegging from their parter

admin please delete/edit my comment if not allowed :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve seen comments saying that harnesses can be uncomfortable for the lady is it better to use the briefs

People will have their own preferences. I’ve only tried a harness and it felt odd at first but thats just because it was new. It was grand after wearing it a while.

Personally I wouldn’t want to wear the briefs and other people will wear them and it’ll feel right.

1 Like

We have both depending on the size of the dildo but my wife prefers the briefs for comfort and ease of getting on.

I honestly love this article … I just bought 2 strapons one from lovehoney edited by mod- competitor link removed

Reluctant to try this as a heterosexual male? Happy to have a tease but pegging feels too much for me. :thinking: not sure why? Any thoughts guys?

Pegging is for everyone, no matter the gender or sexuality.

As you’ve specified that you’re straight, I’m guessing you’re thinking that if you enjoy the feeling of something up your bum, that it makes you gay.

It doesn’t.

Being sexually attracted to men would make you gay, if you’re not, then you’re not gay.

You should read the wiki post.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve read the wiki details.
My wife isn’t asking me - it’s more an intrigue I have as to why I’m not keen on it? I’m happy to try out female anal play so I should be happy with the reverse I guess.

Ok, so you want people to tell you why you’re not keen on it? Surely thats a question only you can answer.