The Lovehoney Forum's Guide to Pegging! (Wiki)

Hey All!

I thought it could be fun for us to all come together and curate some guides using the Wiki feature.

We’ve all got some fantastic insight into different things and I think between all of us, we could create some super helpful guides.

I think we should start with some of the more frequent topics, so first up, let’s create a guide for Pegging!

I will make this topic a Wiki, and I will edit this bit away once we’ve got it to a good place.

If you have any questions you would like to know the answer to, or questions you think may be helpful to future readers, pop them down below.

If you have helpful information, or answers to the questions, hit the ‘edit’ button on this post to contribute to the guide :slight_smile:

Hopefully this makes sense!

Happy Wiki-ing :smiley:

What is Pegging?

Pegging is when a person uses a strap-on, or strapless dildo to penetrate their partner anally.

Why do people Peg?

Pegging can be empowering for everyone involved, whether they’re the giver or receiver. The active giver isn’t necessarily the ‘top’ as the receiver is in a perfect position to control the depth and pace.

In Dom/Sub relationships or play, it allows the Sub to be dominated as well as recieving pleasure.

If the reciever has one, it increases sexual pleasure by stimulating their prostate (Otherwise referred to as the P-Spot) essentially the male G-Spot, and can result in a sometimes handsfree or usually a more intense orgasm for the receiver. For the giver the movement and friction can also be arousing.

Pegging can also be very sensual, so don’t worry if you don’t feel that the Dom/Sub dynamic fits your lifestyle. Anyone can get pleasure from Pegging, whether they’re the giver or the receiver.

It is also one of the most intimate actions between two people as the receiver is allowing the giver to put something inside their body. It is an act requiring trust and communication as the giver doesn’t have the same level of physical feedback.

What toys are good for Pegging?

A strap-on harness and either a dildo or a vibrator that fits it or a strapless strap-on that can be worn without a harness. There are lots of kits available to get you started.

For those put off by harnesses, there are harness briefs.

Lovehoney Strap-Ons and Harnesses

And don’t forget lube and to apply it frequently during play.

How do I talk to my partner about Pegging?

Your partner may be surprised at the idea or you may be worried that they’ll assume different things about you, but don’t be. Many people have the desire for anal play and the thought of a Pegging fantasy. Have a conversation outside of the bedroom. It may help if you have any materials or product images to show them what’s involved. Discuss the positives for both of you and the reasons you’d like to try it.

How do I get started with Pegging?

Slowly. This is something that needs time for the receiver to prepare mentally and physically before getting started.

If the receiver is not experienced in anal play it may help for them to practice on their own first using some beginner toys to get used to the sensation and to understand their limits. Everyone’s body is different and it takes time to learn what angles or level of pressure work best for stimulation.

Get yourselves a basic kit. Start small, go slow and gently, and allow the person being penetrated to control the depth and speed to start with. Some people like to warm up with fingers or wear a small toy like a butt plug beforehand. Don’t forget the lube!

If getting into pegging and trying for the first few times, good communication before, during and after are essential. As this may be somewhat overwhelming for a new receiver or giver.

36 Likes

Hi @Lovehoney_Brenna,

Nice initiative.
I often read on the forum that it is difficult for some people to bring it up with there OH, because they are scared for their reaction. Would be nice to have a topic that on how to bring it to you OH, that also break down all prejudices.

4 Likes

100%! :slight_smile: I think if we all put our heads together, we could come up with an incredible guide :smiley:

7 Likes

I’ve made a basic start to get us going. Hopefully lots of people will add their own thoughts or edit mine if I’ve got things wrong.

3 Likes

Great idea! I’ve made one little edit if that’s ok :grin:

Such a great idea! I’m looking forward to reading and writing again :heart_eyes::joy:

2 Likes

I can see a LH guide in the shops coming soon! It would be like a encyclopaedia of guides and suggestions…. Or even one of those “How to…… for dummies” maybe a Haynes manual style :joy: available on Amazon at a discount for LH forum members and contributions

2 Likes

Sorry, Ive edited again. I wanted to include more than the two genders but person seemed a bit… impersonal. I’ve gone with it for now though :woman_shrugging:t2:

I was thinking it needed more gender representation, but maybe ‘person’ gives it that as person is gender neutral. I think its just expected that the peggee be a prostate owner, and it’s not always the case, so I want to say that. But maybe it’s more inclusive with ‘person’.

3 Likes

@Peitho @JoCat defo sounds much better now and includes everyone :relieved:

2 Likes

Where do we add info to? I think the number one thing is to start slow and listen to your body and your partner and use heaps of lube and a smooth textured slim dildo for your harness

1 Like

Click the edit button at the bottom of Brennas post, the :memo: symbol and then add in what you want. Though I assume you already did, bc its in there already :smile:

1 Like

@JoCat you can go through all the edit changes with the button at the top of the post. @Daisy1982 added some great bits to the How do I talk to my partner section, grammar corrected by you :joy:, but I don’t think @MissTery has got there yet. I’m sure all additional thoughts will be welcomed.

Anyone struggling just press this symbol, I think all trust levels can edit wiki posts.

1 Like

I am a grammar and spelling pedant, especially my own :rofl:
I saw the buttons initially, but didn’t realise that it showed who made the edits. Seeing my edits did make me laugh :grin:

1 Like

I’ve added a sentence expressing how intimate the process is in allowing one partner to put something inside the other partners body. I realise that this is a given in conventional PIV or anal sex but for me the first time I was pegged was the first time I realised just what an intimate action penetration actually is.

5 Likes

Does anyone have any questions to add to the guide? Anything in particular you would like to know about pegging? Or a question you had when you first started your pegging journey? :smiley:

When I first got my harness, what I really noticed was how odd it felt having my ‘penis’ on the front of my body. It makes total sense, having experienced penises before but it was like I’d totally forgotten where they were on the body :rofl:
I didn’t know how to move either, the thrusting movement was very foreign and not the type of thrusting that as a straight cis woman I’m used to.
I don’t know if theres a question in there but maybe a ‘first time musing’ section would be good.

1 Like

Added some text.

I’ve tweaked, rearranged, removed duplication and added a link for lube, cannae sleep :grin:

1 Like

Hi there, while my wife and I have been long time customers of Lovehoney, this is our first post on the forum and hopefully it’s one that can be of valid contribution.

While the act certainly has appeal (and we have started working our way towards) there is only really one question that we would like to know, especially myself as the male/receiver.

Why is it called pegging?

Personally, the name ‘Pegging’ is a bit off an off put so it would be interesting to understand the history or origins of the term.

Hope this is of some value.
Mr. A. & Honey

1 Like