The Sandbox

@Ian_Chimp i think ive sorted it! itll

Nope, still happening!

I accidentally posted in the original Topic instead of popping it here. Doh. :slightly_smiling_face: But we got here in the end. :+1:

Itā€™s the spaces. Just make sure that words like itā€™llā€™, donā€™t, itā€™s, sheā€™s, etc are all one string of letters with no spaces.

If there are any spaces it thinks itā€™s fair game to read it as code, and do what it thinks youā€™re asking. :slightly_smiling_face: (in this case Preformatted text)

ETA: Nope. See above.

I tried it but it seems hit and miss as ive hevent been putting spaces in! Seems ok on phone, but using laptop it seems to occur!

So you canā€™t even blame autocorrect. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you spot itā€™s happened again you can always go back in and edit it to see if thatā€™ll stick? You should have a 24 hour window to make any changes. :+1:

I have a suspicion it may be when i actually go back and edit (as in here) as i`m typing, such as adding a word i missed, before i actually post.

No, it was that!

Ah, well there you go. :slightly_smiling_face: The Preview pane is a really useful tool as well, so you can spot any obvious formatting errors before you publish. And on the PC version the Preview pane is right next to the reply window (which was incredibly useful when doing the Womanizer chart :slightly_smiling_face:) :+1:

That`s the thing, it looks fine in the preview, then goes astray when posted! Oh well, as long as people can read my shite!

https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/certified-and-licensed-badges-discobot-tutorials/257800/185

Link

Just a little test on the apostrophe formatting thing as I donā€™t think itā€™s spaces that are the problem, I think for some reason @WillC is using a backwards apostropheā€¦

This is with a normal apostropheā€¦
Itā€™s time for Ianā€™s nap

This is with backward apostropheā€¦
Its time for Ians nap

@Ian_Chimp upon looking at the preview it seems to be this :+1:t2:. Try using the other apostrophe Will, see if it works?

1 Like

Doh! Obviously. :slightly_smiling_face: Nice save @Peitho :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™ll look into it!

P.S. this was typed on my phone with no problems!

Yep, Iā€™m using my phone, automatically it will use the normal apostophe but if you click on the second page of symbols the backwards apostrophe normally reserved in formatting for opening quotes is an option that you can use. I think for some reason on your laptop youā€™re using that one by default.

1 Like

Probably because i donā€™t know where the correct one is on my laptop! Iā€™m old! :wink:

1 Like

@WillC :rofl:

1 Like

@Peitho Believe it or notā€¦itā€™s only in the last few years i found out how to copy and paste!

3 Likes

Hereā€™s oneā€¦a box is coming up saying i have used my quota of likes for the day, and to try again in 6 hours, but it seems the likes are applying to the posts i assign them to!

1 Like

@WillC I just had a little message pop up saying that I only had a few likes left of my daily allowance. I didnā€™t think Iā€™d used that manyā€¦you get 50 a day I think.

It shows up, but it doesnā€™t stick. Iā€™ve run out of Likes a few times, even though Iā€™ve not used 50 a day. I think thereā€™s a spam-style limiter on it so new people donā€™t go nuts. :slightly_smiling_face:

Brenna upped it to 100/day yesterday, but it affects the associated Badges (Out of Love goes from ā€˜Use 50 a dayā€™ to ā€˜Use 100 a dayā€™). Swopping it back this morning may have sent the counters squiffy.