The Sandbox

Total genius, I never would’ve figured that out alone. Though it doesn’t seem to like me quoting whole posts…hmmmm

1 Like

Highlighting it worked for me?

Alternatively, if you reply to a specific post (using the reply arrow at the bottom right of the individual post itself) you can simply press the speech bubble icon in the formatting bar and that will paste in the full ‘original’ comment as a quote. :+1:

Ah, it must be an issue with Android phones - when I do that via either method the quoted section gets “automatically removed by the system editor” I have to delete some of the quote to get it to go through. I’m glad it’s not me being totally useless :joy:

That’s interesting. I’ve not come across that yet, and I’m on the phone version too (Honor 9/Android 9/Chrome).

Can you manually insert the missing text back in the right place between the quote tags on a second pass?

<waves wand>

Ooooh, MAGIC!:sparkles:

Great idea @Ian_Chimp

1 Like
Summary

Trying out a few features

This text is blurred or is it?

1 Like

It seems that a post can be ‘liked’, but not a reply. Is that right? Or does the heart symbol just not appear for whoever wrote the reply / original post?

@Ned_Kelly3 That poor hamster :rofl:

wanna no if this is right and will do something or if I'm doing it wrong

Um, yes, well, about that… :slight_smile:

I may or may not have accidentally stumbled across the new forum before it was live.

Curious. I suppose we’ll see if you or anyone else has any more problems with it, and hopefully we can spot a pattern. :+1:

1 Like

Haha, I was wondering how you’d become a super genius so quickly :joy:

Knew it. Undercover secret agent :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Cassii has just ‘liked’ my reply to Ian Chimp… hmmm… not sure how it works (this isn’t a new experience…)

1 Like

Every post/message has a heart on it. You can ‘like’ (and unlike) any message, except your own. :+1:

2 Likes

Oi! That means I’m thick too. Of course, it makes sense that people can’t ‘like’ their own posts. Bit of a steep learning curve for lots of us Lovehoney folk today!

2 Likes

It’s absolutely fine to make mistakes and learn as you go, so don’t worry about it. :slight_smile:

As long as you can read and post then that’s the main thing. :+1:

You’re definitely adapting to the new forum faster than me, to be fair I’m smart with some stuff like sciences but am terrible with technology

Is there any feature you’re particularly interested in? I can try and talk you through it if you’re having problems.

And don’t forget this topic is specifically for practicing without effing anything up. :slight_smile: :+1:

how do you do the blurred thing? i can’t fibd that though i am literally just trying every button currently

The Blur Spoiler feature is in the cogwheel icon on the right of the formatting bar. And you’ll find Hide Details and Build Poll in there too. :+1:

1 Like