The Sandbox

Ooh thank you, i hadnā€™t thought to try that button yet

2 Likes

#lockdownbrainfog not ā€˜thickā€™. Nothing is normal and the new forum is great but also another change to get used to for regular users.
See! Trying out the new features after a glass of wineā€¦ā€¦ so here is another:

• During coronavirus, have you ever poured an alcoholic beverage before 4pm?

0 voters

1 Like

With the polls Iā€™ve been putting the question before the poll tags, and then the answer options in the list box. So -

Would you ever:

• Give me up
  • Let me down
  • Run around
  • Desert me

0 voters

If I figure out a way of embedding the question text in the poll box Iā€™ll let you know. :slight_smile:

I hope I donā€™t run around, give up on people or let down my nearest and dearest :+1:
But if anyone in my life turned out to be a total sh*t I would desert them, and they would deserve it :grin:
Great choice of song!

2 Likes

How do I get to see who voted - and, more importantly, how?

Hmmmm for some reason I greedily chose all four options! Of course Iā€™d never be so callous in real life :smile:

Good to keep your options open! Could be dealing with any kind of scoundrelā€¦

You can toggle between Show Vote and Show Results from the poll message. :+1:

This one Iā€™ve set Results ā€˜always visibleā€™ (so you donā€™t have to vote to see them), and the votes are Public (so you get the avatars under the answers theyā€™ve selected).

Oh, and itā€™s a multiple choice one, so Iā€™ve set it so you can select between 1 and 4 choices. :slight_smile:

The avatars are not showing. Iā€™m not digging out closet alcoholics, just working out how to use this feature of the new forum!

2 Likes

Ah, you mean on your poll. :slightly_smiling_face: Itā€™s probably because you didnā€™t check the Show who voted box under the big list one (and thereā€™s an auto-close feature down there too).

Open up Build Poll and scroll to the bottom and you should see the options there. :+1:

1 Like

No worries. :slight_smile: Iā€™m having more and more days like that. I blame the drugs. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks - got it. Not sure it can be done retrospectively but good to know for next time. Iā€™m just trying it all out!

1 Like

I donā€™t think polls can be edited after 5 minutes.

Well, Iā€™ll just never know who the afternoon wine gluggers areā€¦ I will simply trust that I am in good company :laughing:

1 Like

Did you get dressed today? [poll type=multiple results=always min=1 max=4 public=true chartType=bar]

• Yes
  • No
  • I got changed but not proper clothes
  • Who says i was dressed to start with?
    [/poll]

I think you need to put the poll on a new line. So:

Did you get dressed today?

[poll type=multiple results=always min=1 max=4 public=true chartType=bar]

* Yes
* No
* I got changed but not proper clothes
* Who says i was dressed to start with?
[/poll]

(Iā€™ve made it show the code so you can see what your reply should look like. But donā€™t forget we have a Preview button on the bottom right. :+1:)

Ah right thank you, Iā€™m going to try again

Did you get dressed today?

• Yes
  • No
  • Who says i was dressed to start with?
  • Not exactly into proper clothes

0 voters

1 Like

Hello ace LOL so so you wouldnā€™t have a nibble at my hamster

Nah hamsters are too cute and fluffy (plus they remind me of my childhood gerbils)