The Sandbox

This might be one for @Lovehoney_Brenna. She’s got special powers to see what you see. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

If it’s a glitchy thing rather than a technique thing then you could try logging out and powering down your device, and then restarting everything. :+1:

I’ll try that. Ty for trying to help :kissing_heart:

1 Like

it’s a glitchy thing rather than a technique thing then you could try logging out and powering down your device, and then restarting everything. :+1:

?

If it’s a glitchy thing rather than a technique thing then you could try logging out and powering down your device, and then restarting everything. :+1:

Haven’t got a clue. Let’s me drag text highlighted to the box

Android thing?

So I press the quotation marks, get rid of **Blockquote but leave in < ** Highlight text, press Quote" then hold highlighted text and drag to the box

The first one you simply copy and pasted.

The second one was a blockquote.

The QUOTE box is a little floating box that shows up near to the text you highlighted. It’s not in the reply window, it’s on the forum message itself. :+1: It’s that which autofills the [quote] tags.

Are you on a phone or pc?

A quote looks something like this in your reply window:

[quote="Ian_Chimp, post:821, topic:257700"]
The QUOTE box is a little floating box 
[/quote]

Please see above edit

So I press the quotation marks, get rid of **Blockquote but leave in < ** Highlight text, press Quote" then hold highlighted text and drag to the box

Okay, here’s some text to quote from. Try and select just one verse by long-pressing on your phone screen, and then pulling the cursors out to wrap the bit you want.

As soon as you long-pressed a grey box with QUOTE written in it should have shown up right next to the text you selected, and it should stay with you while you extend the selection.

Tap that, and then in your reply window should be a block of the text you wanted to quote, wrapped in some info tags, including [quote] at the start, and [/quote] at the end.

Type a little message underneath and press reply. :+1::slightly_smiling_face: Let’s see if that works.

Sexual intercourse began
In nineteen sixty-three
(which was rather late for me) -
Between the end of the “Chatterley” ban
And the Beatles’ first LP.

Up to then there’d only been
A sort of bargaining,
A wrangle for the ring,
A shame that started at sixteen
And spread to everything.

Then all at once the quarrel sank:
Everyone felt the same,
And every life became
A brilliant breaking of the bank,
A quite unlosable game.

So life was never better than
In nineteen sixty-three
(Though just too late for me) -
Between the end of the “Chatterley” ban
And the Beatles’ first LP.

I see that you have the Licensed badge, but it doesn’t look like you did the Certified one? Have you done the basic Discobot tutorial? There’s a bit in there about it?

The speechmark icon in the format bar is not a quote button. It’s more an indent tool. :+1:

One last one to check. :slightly_smiling_face:

Is Enable quote reply for highlighted text ticked in your Preferences/Interface page?

1 Like

Yeah the only ones unticked are hide my profile and open new tab

And can you highlight one verse of the poem above and tell me what you see?

Ok I’m leaving it for tonight because it’s p*****g me off. Anytime I highlighted the text and pressed quote either long or short haul it just unselected the text. I’ll live without it. Just thought it was a good feature but not worth the stress. If needs be I’ll message discobot again

I think you’re pressing the wrong button. :slightly_smiling_face: I can’t be sure, but the speechmark button in the reply format bar is not a quote button.

The one you want is a pop up on the main board that appears after you highlight text. :+1:

I am I promise. I’m not pressing anything in the box since you told me what it was. It’s the grey QUOTE button they hovers at the side of the text I’ve highlighted. I’m not the best at these things but I know that lol

1 Like

You just need to tap that. Don’t long-press. :+1:

1 Like

Alternatively you can use the speech bubble to quote a whole post and then manually trim out the bits you didn’t want?

Little bit more on that method: :slightly_smiling_face:

When I tap the speech bubble it auto-fills the message I’m replying to in quote format in my reply window. Something like this (though normally not all in long unbroken lines :slightly_smiling_face:)

[quote="Orgasm_Chaser, post:831, topic:257700, full:true"]
I am I promise. I'm not pressing anything in the box since you told me what it was. It's the grey QUOTE button they hovers at the side of the text I've highlighted. I'm not the best at these things but I know that lol
[/quote]

You can delete bits and pieces of the body text no worries, but if you also snip out the full:true bit from the top then it becomes a fully functional partial quote. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks @Ian_Chimp, very helpful :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Will try it in future.

1 Like

Am a bit scared of crossing the streams though…:ghost: