The Sandbox

Ah, okay. I knew nbsp (Non-Breaking Space), but the others are new to me. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

After a bit of digging:

• ensp is N-space
  • emsp is M-space

And there are also:

• thinsp is thin space
  • hairsp is hair space
  • mdash is M dash
  • ndash is N dash

Let’s see if any of those work. :slightly_smiling_face:

 
  
 
 

A b c d e
A b c d e
A b c d e
A b c d e
A b c d e
Abcde   (regular)

—
–

A—b—c—d—e
A–b–c–d–e
A-b-c-d-e   (regular hyphen)

3 Likes

Start   Stop
Start   Stop
Start   Stop
Start   Stop
Start — Stop
Start – Stop

Start   Stop
Start   Stop
Start   Stop
Start   Stop
Start — Stop
Start – Stop

:+1:t2:

3 Likes

Yeah, the example I found looked like you could prefix a line and it’d do all the spacing consistent. But I haven’t got time to look at it now as I’m off to pick the kids up. :slightly_smiling_face:

ETA: I think that sample page I found was random, or I misunderstood it. :slightly_smiling_face: I just put them in individually in the end. :+1:

Lose the space before the semi colon, add a space after it.

…oh I see what you mean, might be a way to encompass that with curly brackets in normal html but I’ve not got any of that type of formatting to work on the forum.

Happy school running!

1 Like

@Lovehoney_Brenna - Prob not the right place for this but I submitted a review for the Dame Arc Vibe yesterday and there was a glitch and there are now 2 waiting for approval. Can you please delete the first one. Thank you.
I have also mailed customer services so hopefully one of you will catch it.

I need to flag a post, can I do this one @Ian_Chimp ??

You can Flag your own if you’re Badge Hunting. :slightly_smiling_face: You’ll need to pick Spam/Off-Topic/Inappropriate for the Flag Badge. :+1:

1 Like

testing testing

1 Like

I am badge hunting :laughing:
Thanks for the info :hugs:

1 Like

Have you found Forum Badges :badger: yet? :slightly_smiling_face: There’s a bit of extra info in there too. :+1:

I scanned through it and then forgot all about the thread. Will have a proper read, now x

1 Like

Ooh ill flag mine too

1 Like

@Ian_Chimp for some reason I can’t quote. I try the " and it quotes the original post even though I don’t highlight that text. What am I doing wrong

I’m not sure what you’re doing? :slightly_smiling_face:

The easiest way to quote is to highlight the bit that you want, and then a QUOTE box pops up, and you tap that to auto-fill all the bits and pieces into the reply window.

You can also reply to the post and then tap the speech bubble icon in the format bar, and that seems to quote the lot. :+1:

I’ve found you can’t highlight quote from a closed topic. And if you quote the post above in full the system auto-removes it as it thinks proximity will be enough context. And there may be a few other things I’ve not found out yet?

Was any of that useful? :slightly_smiling_face:

https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/word-association-part-14/259573/2235

I’m not sure what above is as it’s a link? I used the "Quote box

Everything I do is not right?

When I open the reply box, highlight text, press "quote it just unhighlights text. I have long hold - paste brings up as shown above. If I press speech bubble it quotes everything. If I press " it brings up BLOCKTEXT

I’m not being daft. I promise

I think I see. :slightly_smiling_face:

The formatting bar is: (L-R)

Quote Bold Italic | Link. Blockquote. Preformatted Text | Lists, etc

The speechmarks are Blockquote, and they’ll put a little > at the start of your paragraphs to make them look like this :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

The linked style quote (like the one of CurvyJilly’s you quoted above) is a much better way of quoting forum stuff. :+1:

Blockquote[quote=“Ian_Chimp, post:1, topic:257700, full:true”]
I thought it might be a nice idea to have a place to practice using all the new features somewhere safe away from the main boards. I know that people must be itching to try stuff out, but may be a bit nervous to attempt it on the fly. :slightly_smiling_face:

You can try making a poll -

WYE eat a hamster?

• I would
  • I would not
  • It’s iffy. Depends on the circumstances
0 voters

Edited to add: I’ll insert another as I set that one to close, and you can’t edit a poll after 5 minutes.

The Ultimate Forum Question: Now extended indefinitely! :slightly_smiling_face:

So,

Would You Ever eat a hamster?

• Yes
  • No
  • It’s iffy. It depends on the circumstances
0 voters

Hiding some secrets -

Click here for Hidden Secrets

I like sex. :shushing_face:

Inserting a swish link -

Lovehoney

And anything and everything else too. :slightly_smiling_face: Feel free to ask any questions, and I’ll try and help you if I can. :+1:

So, here we are. Go nuts and get it all out of your system. :slight_smile:

ETA: And there are some extra formatting tips in Bonus Formatting too. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:
[/quote]

I’m going to have to record screen or something

I wasn’t quoting that though that’s what’s annoying