The Sandbox

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=40149

Edited to add: It seems you can OneBox topics from this site, but not external ones (even Lovehoney.co.uk). :+1:

(OneBoxing is where you paste a link all by itself on a line and it gets fleshed out with all the extra info you see in the example above)

Given that the new system counts up how long we spend on the site etc, what happens if I just stay logged in, keeping the tab open while I do other things on my laptop and pop back every now and then? I do that with newspapers and email too.

In ā€˜Preferencesā€™ you can also tick the box to open external links in a new tab, so that the forum tab stays open :+1:

You can also just right click links on your computer and select new tab (on your phone or other touchscreens, holding down the link for a few seconds produces the same effect). Iā€™m used to having 100s of tabs open, Iā€™ve maxed out the count on phones before so Iā€™m used to multiple ways of opening them

1 Like

OneBoxing is slightly different. Itā€™s more to do with how the information is displayed in your post, rather than how others access it (if you do the Discobot tutorial itā€™s the one where you embed the Wikipedia page towards the beginning).

You can try it for yourself with any forum link. :+1:

Try this one (just make sure you post it on its own line) . :+1:

https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/special-offer-toys-you-lover/257399

@Ace12345 now iā€™m wondering how your brain copes with 100 boxes open at one time! :exploding_head::wink:

1 Like

Another random titbitā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face: If you quote the whole post of the person above you the system automatically removes it when you press reply. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

One irritation is the 4 letters thing! I just tried to post ā€œfigā€ and had to answer with a full stop! What if i want to reply with a two letter answer? :thinking:

I think itā€™s only an issue on a handful of game threads. If it was a conversation thread itā€™d be odd to reply with a 2 or 3 letter word and nothing else.

1 Like

There you go. :slightly_smiling_face: I did realise a little late that Iā€™d included the post# in the link, but Iā€™ve edited it now. :+1:

1 Like

Okay! (See what I did there?). Canā€™t think of many 2 letter words that would stand aloneā€¦

No? (See what i did there? ) :wink: Up So Go etc! Donā€™t get me started on 3 letter words! :joy:

Ha! True - not thinking. There are lots. You win! :exploding_head:

Only joking @MsR! Just thought iā€™d point it out! :wink:

1 Like

I will see if I can lower the minimum reply to 2 on Monday! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you, Iā€™ve been caught out by that a few times too (as it is Iā€™ve been adding a note in brackets after my entry to bring it up or making the word plural)

1 Like

Thanks @Lovehoney_Brenna! :slightly_smiling_face:

@discobot display help .

Youā€™ll need to type it normally. :slightly_smiling_face::+1: