Things are actually looking up at the moment

So this I guess is another update post but also I guess a thank you too.

As most of you know I went through a very tough time the past 18 months or so. Well whilst going through therapy I found out a few things. One of those being (without me explaining to my counsellor) that some major warning lights for people with depression include taking big risks they wouldn't normally take especially when it comes to sleeping with a random guy (which as most of you know is how I lost my virginity... although I do have to wonder how much he counts it was kinda like that seen on the inbetweeners when Will pogos on charlottes stomach for 3 seconds... only difference is the guy I slept with came) I'm not ashamed that I slept with that guy (Mr L) gutted I found my soul mate like 2-3 weeks later though but he's understanding and didn't mind, especially when we agreed we may not be each others firsts but hopefully we will be the others last.

Anyway I'm off topic...

The good in life is shining through more and more and I'm so grateful that I made it through that horrible nasty dark patch in my life to see the other side.

Good things:

My photo is still second in the competition (the first might've been banned because the photo is no longer up and has been a blank space for a good month now) so I will be hopefully making it to the semi finals of the competition soon enough.

Tomorrow I am going to a local deli to hand over 2 of my framed printed photos as the woman is really interested in my work and wants them on her wall. I'm getting paid £20 a photo and she hopes I'll print her more.

I have gone for an interview and work trial (4 and a half hours) and now they're asking me to go back again Thursday for a 5 hour paid shift to see how I get on with the special needs child and how he/she is with me as they need to make sure that person is the best person for the child as they need to do a lot of 1:1 work with him/her. So I might fingers crossed be getting a new job (they said they hve full time and holiday and sickness cover but from the sounds of it if I do well it'll be holiday and sickness cover with set hours on a Thursday. This means I can get out of the hell hole I'm in now that's caused all of my anxiety and a lot of my depression.

Nan is going through radiotherapy (she didn't want to but we convinced her) brothers much much better after his back op, no one expected him to do so well he was walking in like 3 days, didn't need the wheelchair we bought him, or the bath chair (we have since given these away for free to those who truly needed it)

Boyfriend and I are still in a honeymoon phase (no one can believe it apparently it should've worn off by now but not for us) he's the one who got me doing photography in the first place and he's also suggested I try my hand at my other dream and attempt to make children's clothing.

Our puppy was definitely previously abused but she's doing so much better now the difference is incredible and we are contacting the RSPCA about her previous home.

My boyfriend and I are practically living together as it is but soon when we have our own sturdy jobs with decent money coming in we'll be getting a place of our own. At the moment my erratic wage isn't helping, I can't live on such a wage where I have no clue how much I'm getting and most months wouldn't even be able to afford the rent.

So yeah sorry this is so long but now for the other part.

I just want to say thank you to everyone on here for reading my posts and sticking with me and helping me through it all. There are a few others (you know who you are) who have really helped me off of here too and been a great help off of here and off of twitter too.

thank you everyone so much

Love a happier, brighter, almost-old-me-again-but-still-got-some-work-to-do Kirsty x

Oooh Kirsty, what a wonderful post. I can't put into words how happy I am for you. Looks like life s got a happy life planned for you and your boyfriend 😊

The photography sounds incredible. It doesn't get much better than working in something you're passionate about 😊 💗xx

Hi Kirsty, I'm really pleased that you feel your coming out of what has been a very rough and emotional time. I am a firm believer that the bad things in life give us perspective and allow us to appreciate the good. I hope that things continue to be calm and happy for you, but also if your depression returns that you will recognise it and seek help befor it becomes a big issue for you. I'm really please to see you happy.

Very good to read! Well done

Great news that things are beginning to look better for you.

Great news that things are beginning to look better for you.

Thanks everyone. Still have a way to go but I'm getting there. There were times when I just thought things were going to keep on getting worse.

Yay!!! I love posts like this. Good for you. It sounds like you were well overdue some happy times. X

Onwards and upwards for 2017. X

Kirsty92 wrote:

So this I guess is another update post but also I guess a thank you too.

As most of you know I went through a very tough time the past 18 months or so. Well whilst going through therapy I found out a few things. One of those being (without me explaining to my counsellor) that some major warning lights for people with depression include taking big risks they wouldn't normally take especially when it comes to sleeping with a random guy (which as most of you know is how I lost my virginity... although I do have to wonder how much he counts it was kinda like that seen on the inbetweeners when Will pogos on charlottes stomach for 3 seconds... only difference is the guy I slept with came) I'm not ashamed that I slept with that guy (Mr L) gutted I found my soul mate like 2-3 weeks later though but he's understanding and didn't mind, especially when we agreed we may not be each others firsts but hopefully we will be the others last.

Anyway I'm off topic...

The good in life is shining through more and more and I'm so grateful that I made it through that horrible nasty dark patch in my life to see the other side.

Good things:

My photo is still second in the competition (the first might've been banned because the photo is no longer up and has been a blank space for a good month now) so I will be hopefully making it to the semi finals of the competition soon enough.

Tomorrow I am going to a local deli to hand over 2 of my framed printed photos as the woman is really interested in my work and wants them on her wall. I'm getting paid £20 a photo and she hopes I'll print her more.

I have gone for an interview and work trial (4 and a half hours) and now they're asking me to go back again Thursday for a 5 hour paid shift to see how I get on with the special needs child and how he/she is with me as they need to make sure that person is the best person for the child as they need to do a lot of 1:1 work with him/her. So I might fingers crossed be getting a new job (they said they hve full time and holiday and sickness cover but from the sounds of it if I do well it'll be holiday and sickness cover with set hours on a Thursday. This means I can get out of the hell hole I'm in now that's caused all of my anxiety and a lot of my depression.

Nan is going through radiotherapy (she didn't want to but we convinced her) brothers much much better after his back op, no one expected him to do so well he was walking in like 3 days, didn't need the wheelchair we bought him, or the bath chair (we have since given these away for free to those who truly needed it)

Boyfriend and I are still in a honeymoon phase (no one can believe it apparently it should've worn off by now but not for us) he's the one who got me doing photography in the first place and he's also suggested I try my hand at my other dream and attempt to make children's clothing.

Our puppy was definitely previously abused but she's doing so much better now the difference is incredible and we are contacting the RSPCA about her previous home.

My boyfriend and I are practically living together as it is but soon when we have our own sturdy jobs with decent money coming in we'll be getting a place of our own. At the moment my erratic wage isn't helping, I can't live on such a wage where I have no clue how much I'm getting and most months wouldn't even be able to afford the rent.

So yeah sorry this is so long but now for the other part.

I just want to say thank you to everyone on here for reading my posts and sticking with me and helping me through it all. There are a few others (you know who you are) who have really helped me off of here too and been a great help off of here and off of twitter too.

thank you everyone so much

Love a happier, brighter, almost-old-me-again-but-still-got-some-work-to-do Kirsty x

I am delighted for you, well done so proud of you.

Thank you so much guys. Even better got a letter from job centre saying the owed me over £60 which is perfect because xmas wise im stuffed got one present so far so this plus the 5 hour shift im getting paid for and the photo sales money is definitely needed.

So good to read posts like this, more please people. Well done.

That's fantastic Kirsty!

Well done and great how well things are going for you.

Thanks everyone. :) I'm starting to see things a bit brighter now. I just hope I can keep it positive

Thanks everyone. :) I'm starting to see things a bit brighter now. I just hope I can keep it positive

Fabulous Kirsty 😊 I'm so pleased to hear about your photography competition and it's well deserved.
Positive thinking is the only way just look how far you've come and where you're headed and never look back. 😘
Hope the RSPCA do something about your fur babies previous home.

Don't think I came across your posts previously (I'm fairly new here (:) but this is so encouraging to read! All the fingers crossed for you!

Hi fancy chattin

I'm so pleased to hear this Kirsty! and I'm so pleased to hear your puppy is doing so well too 😘