Thong Bikinis

I'm getting married later this year and whilst honeymoon is a few months away, I like to be organised so I'm stocking up on summer gear.
Just wondering what your thoughts are on thong bikinis?
I'd be interested to hear both male and female opinions.
I'm thinking it might be a little surprise for hubby when I slip my cover up off by the pool / on the beach.

2 Likes

From a mans perspective I don't really find them all that great. For our honeymoon my wife stuck to standard Bikinis but then had some fantastic underwear for the evenings and even one or two nights where she "forgot" it all together was far better in my opinion

Not my thing, but each to their own! I think my other half would rather I kept the skimpier stuff for the privacy of the hotel, rather than by the pool. I would too. I'd probably opt for regular bikinis and just buy ridiculously sexy lingerie to surprise him with later on.

I bought myself one ans I find it great! It's a brazilian. I first bought it only for tanning but ended up qearing it more often because i feel sexy in it. I got nice comments from my bf ans my friends. I don't feel ci fortable wearing it in public cause I find i have such a nice ass it qould be like me wanting to show it off (i feel tue sane wearing leggings as pants). One thing i like about it toi is that it's just the right size. I always have a hard time finding a bikini bottom that's not toi small sigging in my butt or ending up between my cheeks nor too big looking like a diapper.

I quite like them. I don't have the figure for one though unfortunately. If I did I would wear one on holiday.

My friend has a way smaller ass than mine and bought the same peice. She wore it all the time qhile we were on a trip and no one didn't made any commenta. Weither you can wear it out or not really dependa of your body I think. It's the same with boobs and clevage It's still sexy if you have small ones but if you do habe bigs boibs people are gonna look down at you for showing them

Wear whatever you feel comfortable in. And if your husband to be likes them too then even better!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone you're the best!

I think I'd like to try one (not too small) so maybe for the private balcony / beach only then.

He loves it when I'm topless on holiday so I think it's worth a shout.

I'm fairly small, a size 8 so can be quite discrete.

and then some ridiculously sexy lingerie is a must........x

Yeah as long as he is comfortable with it too (because I know some people could get jealous of that kinda thing).

Sounds like a good honeymoon ahead 🙊

Remember to check if it's appropriate to wear such, some family friendly resorts it may not be allowed say a thong bikini , though I've found the rules tend to apply more to males than women, if a guys shorts are classed as too skimpy or tight objections are voiced whereas girls in skimpy gear is no problem, enjoy either way.

Quiet ones are worse! wrote:

Remember to check if it's appropriate to wear such, some family friendly resorts it may not be allowed say a thong bikini , though I've found the rules tend to apply more to males than women, if a guys shorts are classed as too skimpy or tight objections are voiced whereas girls in skimpy gear is no problem, enjoy either way.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll double check.

We've purposely booked luxury resorts which aren't family friendly for some adult fun.

Don't think I need to worry about hubby wearing anything too skimpy, he's the spectator!

hardfast wrote:

and then some ridiculously sexy lingerie is a must........x

Definitely!!

Congrats on the wedding and hope you have a lovely Honeymoon when the time comes :)

Go for it, if you have the figure and are brave enough then do it, i did quite a few years back as a surprise, it took ages for me to build the courage, then in the same afternoon i managed to go topless, i felt so sexy and my oh couldnt beleive it, let just say that we could wait to get back to the room!

Also check the country. Some countries are really strict and although being on the beach in a bikini is usually allowed you may get in trouble for a thong or being top less. Always respect the country you are visiting. And absolutely make sure there aren't kids about.
Otherwise, as long as your OH likes it, go for it!
Enjoy your honeymoon and congratulations on getting good married x

Quiet ones are worse! wrote:

Slightly off topic but also quite relavent. I was reading in one of my Slimming magazines that a French resort banned baggy shorts on guys and trunks were the dress conduct. For me shorts are far more decent on a guy especially as in this case the guy was over weight at the time .I just didn't get the rationale for that one.

On topic.

I would agree with the others check the dress/undress code of the resort you are going to .Also be mindful of picking white if you have tanned skin. This combination can turn see through when wet !

As the others have said be also mindful if it is a family resort and you can always go say for a compromise and choose the brazillian style bikini.

mysteron wrote:

Slightly off topic but also quite relavent. I was reading in one of my Slimming magazines that a French resort banned baggy shorts on guys and trunks were the dress conduct. ....

Our municipal swimming pool also has a ban on shorts. No idea why - unless it's to stop people from swimming in their street clothes in summer.

Talia wrote:

mysteron wrote:

Slightly off topic but also quite relavent. I was reading in one of my Slimming magazines that a French resort banned baggy shorts on guys and trunks were the dress conduct. ....

Our municipal swimming pool also has a ban on shorts. No idea why - unless it's to stop people from swimming in their street clothes in summer.

Just wondering if you could possibly find out the reasoning behind this? I am very curious as to the reason .

Some swimming tunks do not leave much to the imagination and IMO much more revealing than shorts especially in a family environment.

An ex girlfriend of mine used to wear thong bikinis all the time when we went on holiday and it didn't bother me at all. She also went topless. She wanted to wear them and was confident and not self conscious in doing so. In a way I almost encouraged it as I knew occasionaly the odd guy would have a good look but that didn't bother me either. I think she looked hot and she was me anyway. Go for it I say

I think someone mentioned once the baggy guy shorts are to stop any sand being caught in them and brought into the pool, but not 100% sure.

For family friendly places, I'm not too keen on thong bikinis, but for not family friendly ones, go for it!

Hope you have an awesome wedding and honeymoon :)

Go for it! And don't forget the sun tan lotion!