Thoughts on the site refresh (UK)

I prefer the new layout, though I haven’t been reading the blog as much as I used to.

I’m not a fan of the new website, but I’ve still found myself on it every day and I’ve slightly got used to it. My main gripe with it is the banner at the top, the purple one (I’ve forgotten what it is), it loads quite slowly on my phone and one line at a time, so if I want to tap on the categories an item is in, like lingerie/basques… I always end up tapping on the wrong thing because the banner either loads when I tap where that was and pushes everything else down, or it’s still there and I just can’t see it. I’m sorry, I don’t know how to explain that properly. I just know for five minutes yesterday it drove me mad, because I had to do the same thing five times (I was unsuccessful at hitting the right thing each time), with the page resetting so I had to scroll back down through the items each time.

@MalibuMilk there is still an unlimited discount but it’s changed to a code. You should have an email about it I think? I didn’t get one but I used the live chat feature and they checked my account then gave it to me.

It bugs me that when you’ve added an item to cart and continue shopping, it jumps back to the start of the product page so you have to keep scrolling all the way down again

Also on the forum, if there’s a topic with 100s / 1000s of replies, I can’t just skip to the end to write a reply, I have to keep scrolling and scrolling

1 Like

You can skip to the end using the navigation box. :+1: (the purple ‘x/x posts’ one). You can also click on the post count or time stamp from the Latest feed.

There’s a bit more info in the Forum How-To.

1 Like

to be honest I’m not keen on the site refresh, finding it a lot more difficult to navigate and miss the product reviews

2 Likes

the new website is ridiculous, it seems like commercial suicide by the IT team at lovehoney. No “new in” section (yeah its available, but its a pain to find).
Deal of the day was always a mini page of the product, you could not see reviews unless you clicked review, that brought you to the main page - it was inconvenient but no biggie. But now on the new site you cannot click on the reviews, you cannot even click on the product title. Only way to see reviews are to copy/paste the product title and use the search function.
The page is huge, but the reviews section have been collapsed so you have to constantly click “read more” on every review because only a couple of lines are displayed.

All of these issues could be resolved in 10 minutes flat by a decent programmer. Its normal to have a few glitches at launch, I just don’t know whats taking so long with all the feedback they are getting. And whoever tested and approved the new site dropped the ball big time.

7 Likes

Still find the "improvements " hard to easily navigate

2 Likes

I miss the daily deal of the day email :pensive:

It gets popped in :uk: Special Offers, Top Sale Picks and DOTD each morning, if that’s any good to you? (with a link straight to the full product page too :slightly_smiling_face::+1:)

Site now has its flaws alright but still can’t beat having live chat with someone to advise you on what you are looking for. And this forum is truly top class to be able to speak to like minded people for help, advice or just generally talk about sexual experience’s. Its helped me out so many times