tihngs that make you feel old...

Evening all! Well, morning really but it's Friday night/Saturday morning so those terms mix.

I can't say I feel old very often. Ok so the 20-22 year olds on the team I manage don't know what I'm talking about when I reference 80s films, but I know I can out-drink them, out-run them, out-live them! (and they;re all disturbingly vanilla too!)

But this evening in the pub a lass about my age or just over who I thought initially was trying to chat me up (I missed her first few words due to inattention NOT dodgy hearing you cheeky sods!) turned out to be telling me her MUM was really attracted to me...

I'M 29 DAMNIT!

So how do you guys and gals keep yourselves young at heart?

Hi scarab9, welcome to the forums I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on the hearing part

Well what's wrong with someone thinking you look hot, take it as a compliment, you don't have to do anything about it. Age is just a number. She might not of been as old as you imagined, her daughter may of looked older than she is. You never know.

I'm 51 by the way, but I don't feel it, in my mind I feel like I'm 20, it's just my body that's aging unfortunately. You will find that out when you get older.

There's a few on here would like to be in your position.

Having sex helps keep you young.

Things that make me feel old - people referring to things from the 1990's as "Vintage"

Talking about our children at work and discovering mine are at least 10 years older than theirs!

Our chatting with a couple of people from one of our other offices about recent and up coming weddings knowing that mine was over twenty years ago.

As la83 says I still feel like I am in my twenties, but when I see the greying hair in the mirror I am taken back down to earth to the fact that I am in my late 40's

Well, I put my back out this morning so I feel positively ancient right now ( im 36).

We took our daughter to the city to see the Christmas lights being turned on last night. All the police on duty were depressingly young looking

Things that make u old???
Easy!
Waking up!!

Hampshire Hogg wrote:

Talking about our children at work and discovering mine are at least 10 years older than theirs!

Our chatting with a couple of people from one of our other offices about recent and up coming weddings knowing that mine was over twenty years ago.

As la83 says I still feel like I am in my twenties, but when I see the greying hair in the mirror I am taken back down to earth to the fact that I am in my late 40's

Simple, don't look in the mirror.

I feel old when I want a rest between sessions.

ha, very true I suppose! Think it was the change from "ooh someone's trying to chat me up" to "...on behalf of her mother!". I actually found it pretty funny I've got to admit.

lol can understand that, bit of a shock, never mind it will prepare you for next time.

Post a replyReport this post Posted Today at 1:18 am scarab9

Friend: Add as a friend
Evening all! Well, morning really but it's Friday night/Saturday morning so those terms mix.

I can't say I feel old very often. Ok so the 20-22 year olds on the team I manage don't know what I'm talking about when I reference 80s films, but I know I can out-drink them, out-run them, out-live them! (and they;re all disturbingly vanilla too!)

But this evening in the pub a lass about my age or just over who I thought initially was trying to chat me up (I missed her first few words due to inattention NOT dodgy hearing you cheeky sods!) turned out to be telling me her MUM was really attracted to me...

I'M 29 DAMNIT!

So how do you guys and gals keep yourselves young at heart?

Easy: plenty of exercise!

la83 wrote:

Hampshire Hogg wrote:

Simple, don't look in the mirror.

I wish I had thought of that! Lol

When the guys on here talk about their love of older women and the women they are talking about are younger than me!

Explaining to my children about how exciting it was to have a ZX Spectrum! Describing the games I played and thinking they were soooo high tech.

Remembering when we didn't even have a telephone in the house!

These things all make me feel old, and it wasn't that long ago I hit 40. The changes in technology have increased hugely within my lifetime.

I am only 19 but feel old when I realise that the Nintendo 64 console is 16 years old! :O

The Goosebumps book series finished 15 years ago O_O

When I see kids from my old neighbourhood I haven't seen for years. They are all grown ups now. That always reminds me how old I am.

I feel very old when the first class i taught at primary are now leaving high school and bump into them in the pub. Very old.. "You were alright for a teacher" ha

picking my daughter up from a club and realising how sad/out of place my pals and i would look these days...

My ex step son just had a baby with his girlfriend in april, that means if I was still dating his dad I'd be a grandma.

When people I work with were born whilst I was at high school

A few days ago I popped in a some pubs around cleethorpes to ask the staff what they are like on a sat night- because I was looking for somewhere that wouldn't be too rowdy/chavy/violent for a meeting with some friends and the bar man said to me, "oh its nice in here its full of middle aged people like us" !!! (I'm 28 and he was 30). I told him he might be middle aged but I'm not.

ha ha Lilac, i'm getting close to 50 and still not middle aged in my world!