tihngs that make you feel old...

I can remember the old money, used to get tuppence once a week to spend in the sweet shop. Don't think I was very old when it changed,

When I have this conversation with my kids and realise I have turned into MY mum:

"You are lucky. Back in my day we didnt have an xbox/PC/smart phone/mobile phone (Insert other expensive and new technological items here) we used to be out in the fresh air playing......and we LOVED IT pffft" lol oops. Definitely turned into my mum.

I am only 30!

Kids! "they are all so loud, and obnoxious, and illiterate, and i was NEVER like that...." ok, so it's all nonsense. I was like that too, but thinking it still makes me fele old.

What makes me fele really old though, is that i'll turn 35 in January.... i don't have career and i'm single. So want to be in love, with someone to curl up with, go on walks with, start on the property ladder, buy our things form John Lewis, and consider starting a family. That makes me fele old.

Hearing a song, going " I remember that song" they tell you what year it was from....Reaslising it was 20 odd years ago it came out ......OMG I'm old

Girl came into work yesterday to pay a bill and her office had given her the cheque book to do it.
She had to check with me how to fill it in properly because she'd never used one before.

I know I'm still a young'un myself, but I always feel really old when kids nowadays have no idea what vinyl records, VHS tapes, cassette tapes, etc.. are.

They seriously missed out!

I feel old when I ned to nap during the day. I'm only 18 :(

I was with a friend and her daughter who's 4 a few weeks ago and my partner was taking pictures with a disposable camera he'd found. She kept running over to look at the pictures like you can on a digital, of course she'd never seen a wind on camera before.

Hampshire Hogg wrote:

When the guys on here talk about their love of older women and the women they are talking about are younger than me!

Ha - I have that problem too. But as you and la83 say HH, the problem is that we still THINK like we are early 20's. So what makes me feel REALLY old is when my 20 year-old brain looks at a 20-something girl and has thoughts of what we could do together - and then realises that not only is she far too young for me but (at a push) I could be old enough to be her GRANDFATHER.

OMG

When you don't understand, or want to understand, what dub-step is but point out that speed-garage back in 1997 was 'cool'. Que confused/patronising faces from your 20 year old work mates....

Janny - I've no idea what dub-step OR speed-garage are. Unless speed-garage is anything like Kwik-Fit, a place to get your car fixed in a hurry??

what makes me feel old? talking to a very attractive woman about our similar problems with our respective 23 yr old daughters

what keeps me young.....going kart racing and wupping a bunch of teenagers

Theres an ariel washing powder advert with two students who look 12.....

Kids Ive known since they were babies now teenagers.

I was a late teenager myself at the time.

That tends to do it lol!

Kids I taught when they were at infant school now being fully qualified lawyers.

My eldest turning 17 today.

When the Dr says, "Well, at your age..."

When a colleague says, "That was in the olden days" when they are talking about part of my adult life!

Meh...

Going to a museum and see the toys ,computer games ,bikes I used as a child on display as history :-(

georgie69 wrote:

Hearing a song, going " I remember that song" they tell you what year it was from....Reaslising it was 20 odd years ago it came out ......OMG I'm old

yep thats the one - yelling "TUNE!" when a great song comes on and the rest look blank at you

T

Calling potted beef, potted dog. I dread going into tesco these days and asking for potted dog.

Going to a museum and see the toys ,computer games ,bikes I used as a child on display as history :-(

So much this.... heck http://www.nationalmediamuseum.org.uk/Collection/NewMedia/NationalVideogameArchive.aspx

Oh and asking someone if they "taped" a program on their sky+

Thinking that if my son is like me I could be a grandma at 30 :'(
Oh and my son telling me I am old because I like u2 and not one direction lol

Watching an episode of button moon the other day on kids tv and remembering the days I used to watch it as a kid.

Always remember a day sitting in the car with my 20yr old brother and a few of his mates when UB40 came on cd player, i said something along the lines of "aw brilliant love ub40" to which they replied "who". What you dont know who UB40 is??? Aw gees am getting on a bit i thought.

Talking about the 80's and 90's as the back in "my day" times, gees am only 30