Tips for inserting bigger dildos anally?

Hi all New to the forums as of yesterday 😊 With her and me experimenting more and more recently, our anal play has gone through the roof. And she loves playing with my hole and trying new toys and as many fingers as possible.

Recently bought 5 new toys to try anally. The long 9 inch anal vibrater is amazing. And we have small double ended anal probers abd anal beads. All amazing going in. I love the Feeling and gets me off really quickly. She loves doing it to me.

One of our new toys which excited me to try was an inflatable vibrating but plug. Was on offer, and feeling full down their is really exciting. However the butt plug whilst not enormous does get larger near the bottom (naturally) i just cant get past that part for the plug to fit in. Its starts to hurt, which is a shame as its nearly there.

Any hints or tips for that final stretch? Makes me wonder how people get the larger butt plugs in? Any help or convo is greatly appreciated. Love S & A xx

1 Like

Practice, slow build-up with other toys and loads of lube.

Makes sense. Guess i need to slow down and take it easily and hopefully will adjust

Bear in mind that you are not really stretching anything - you are simply learning to relax a muscle that is not under your direct control. So going to the point where it hurts is counter-productive. You need to control the plug yourself so you can immediately reduce the pressure before any pain. It can take hours to gradually relax and make some progress.

When you are nearly there with a toy is the danger point - it's very tempting to give it a bit more shove to get there. Better by far to wait until you reach the point that it just slides in easily. To that end, it's good to be working on the next toy up as part of the process. You will find that having worked for say 30 minutes with the larger toy the slightly smaller one is now an easy fit.

Take it slow and relax, if it becomes frustrating then stop as your muscles will tense up. Anal is something you go at a snails pace, so take it slow and if it hurts just stop. Pre play is essential so get yourself a few smaller toys to stretch our before you take on the big ones. Position is also something you need to check, laying on your back will tighten the anal canal, so try going doggystyle or sitting down on the toy, this will help massively. The last thing is get a good anal lube, something thicker than a standard water based lube as this will ease things in far easier. https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex/lubricants/anal-lubes/

As someone who absolutely loves Anal from my husband and have been doing this with him for the last few years - just patience, practise and lots of lube.

We have always used his penis, butt plugs, fingers, anal beads but more recently he tried to use a dildo in me and it just would not go in at all. Rather than try and push it in and hurt me we just stopped and knew it was not meant to be at that point in time - doesn't mean it won't ever go in though.

Just enjoy the ride and let things happen naturally- you'll get there!

Okay Thanks all Will take it a bit slower and try to relax more. Changing position is something I should try. Only tried lying on my back before now. Lots of lube and take it slow. I think the urge to be filled it making me rush more. And she loves playing with me there. So shes keen to rush into it. Thanks everyone. Will take all you comments under advisement. Such lovely people on here 😊xx S & A x

Sammy & Aimee wrote:

Okay Thanks all Will take it a bit slower and try to relax more. Changing position is something I should try. Only tried lying on my back before now. Lots of lube and take it slow. I think the urge to be filled it making me rush more. And she loves playing with me there. So shes keen to rush into it. Thanks everyone. Will take all you comments under advisement. Such lovely people on here 😊xx S & A x

You'll absolutely get where you want to be with a little time and patience. Changing positions is a must. Sometimes we do doggy, other times I have reserved cowgirl on my hubby. It's all about getting comfortable and finding the right spot. You might even find that changing up positions will help you get to your goal a little quicker than if you stayed on your back. I'm assuming your male since your status is married male? I'm just trying to think of ways you could move into position depending on whether you're male/female! Doggies always a winner though. Thanks for the add by the way! :-)

MrandMrs_L wrote:

Sammy & Aimee wrote:

You'll absolutely get where you want to be with a little time and patience. Changing positions is a must. Sometimes we do doggy, other times I have reserved cowgirl on my hubby. It's all about getting comfortable and finding the right spot. You might even find that changing up positions will help you get to your goal a little quicker than if you stayed on your back. I'm assuming your male since your status is married male? I'm just trying to think of ways you could move into position depending on whether you're male/female! Doggies always a winner though. Thanks for the add by the way! :-)

Thanks for accepting 😊 Me (Sammy) will use it mainly, but Aimee is here too and will use the account as well. Yes its on me. We will try doggy out later and see if it changes anything. Just got to remember to take it slowly. Lol

Alicia4Ever wrote:

I find it much easier to use dildos in increasing sizes first; as for some reason I find that the taper doesn't relax the inner part of my anus, while I'm feeling too much stretch from the part of the plug that I'm still trying to insert.

Where as using the dildos one after the other relaxes me enough to get the next size dildo in, as it opens up the whole depth of my anus.

think of it like knocking nails into a piece of wood, if you knock a small nail in a bit, then pull it out and knock a slightly bigger nail in, then another, eventually you will have a larger parallel hole. But if you try to knock a steel cone into the wood, you just end up with a cone shaped dint.

I take it you are trying to insert the plug before you inflate it.

Yeah. It didnt seem very big. So assumed i would be okay. But just before it goes thin again was just a bit too much Yeah it wasnt inflated lol

This design/shape of plug is possibly one of the best to try, though not this size yet( but I bet you'll work up to it over time ) https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30702

lube and relax, you might find it easier to place the plug on a surface and squat/ kneel and bob up and down or gently sit back on it, have your partner hold it still, its a very gentle and controlled manner of going up in size.

Also get your partner to try it, seems to be a rather male thing and your OH will be missing out not trying, if its her cup of tea?

Quiet ones are worse! wrote:

This design/shape of plug is possibly one of the best to try, though not this size yet( but I bet you'll work up to it over time ) https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30702

lube and relax, you might find it easier to place the plug on a surface and squat/ kneel and bob up and down or gently sit back on it, have your partner hold it still, its a very gentle and controlled manner of going up in size.

Also get your partner to try it, seems to be a rather male thing and your OH will be missing out not trying, if its her cup of tea?

Thanks for the link. Thats actually slightly larger then my one. Would love to try though (added to wishlist) lol She (aimee) isnt into it as much as me, but its not a no go. Just a bit more reserved anally.

That one is a big jump from the size below. The shape helps but don't worry if it take several attempts!

AsYouWish! wrote:

That one is a big jump from the size below. The shape helps but don't worry if it take several attempts!

Just something me and her need to play around with i guess.and take it slow and relax. I think we were trying too do it all so fast. She was enjoying it and i wanted more lol. Must remember to take our time and relax.

Yes it's a bit big to start with it was just the first one that came up scrolling it is the shape not the size a slow tapers far better going in but a steep one to stop it popping out . Flat on your back is not a great position front is better or on your back feet back near your head totally exposed for her (I use this one when my wife has her fist in me!) Playing on my own is almost always the squat or sitting kneeling with the plug on a smooth surface raised up about a foot (upturned kids bucket or similar ) and just rock back onto it, mines huge after 20+ years of play.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17541

I think a lot of it is in the mind because there is no way that I thought I would be able to easily take very large dildos, as in my avatar, but a bit of time, relaxation and with it the realisation that you can then you will soon find you can go supersize. If you haven’t already then I would recommend getting some latex rubber gloves or fisting mitt. Nothing like a good fisting and I love it when my wife does it to me. Lots of lube as everyone says oh and a douche beforehand can really help as well physically and mentally. Have fun.

That's encouraging. I am getting there but your avatar looks a step too far just yet!

That looks huge! Lol

As a gay guy, I've been doing anal for years........and only recently have I gone HUGE.

To be honest, I'm not really a fan of butt plugs and inflatable dildos.......each to their own though.

The main rules for anal as others have said, are douching (it can actually get very uncomfortable if you're not completely empty), lots of lube, lots of patience, and relax, relax, relax. If your mind is saying this is gonna hurt, it's probably going to hurt because you're not going to relax.

Take your time.

Normal cock shaped dildos are more comfortable in my opinion.

When it gets to the point where it starts to hurt, stop, don't pull it out. Try and relax, get used to the feeling, then try a bit more, but gently.

I've been doing anal since the age of **removed by moderator** and I recently turned 50.......and only now can I take an 11 inch dildo with a 7.75 inch girth.......which I love. When I first bought it, I thought I'd wasted my money, but now.......Prostate orgasms every single time.

I'm now beginning to think about fisting, which is something I said I'd never do.

It takes time & patience to work your way up.......like the old saying, don't run until you can walk.

Good luck, keep practicing & relax!

Poppers help too I find.......if you're into them

Alicia4Ever wrote:

Just to let you know andyr49 you need to read the forum rules https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/forum-rules/

specifically in this case rule 9

I have neither encouraged nor condoned any illegal activity.

I think you'll find that poppers are sold legally in the UK.

They did try to ban them, but the ban was overturned