Toy boxes and packaging

So I’m sure this has been mentioned many times before but does everyone throw out all of their toy packaging? I do for most of them but I also have some really nice boxes and I don’t know if I should keep them or throw them? I love my le wand box and I’ve kept it because it’s so nice but I also don’t want to hoard it as it’s quite big, I don’t know what to do! I also have some nice cases that some of my steel dildos have come in as well.
I guess the question is to hoard or not to hoard?

4 Likes

I was literally talking to the OH the other day about this. We Chuck them in recycling just tear them up before. But I was wondering how many people Chuck cardboard into a general waste bin out of embarrassment. Might be time for sex companies to use plain cardboard boxes for there toys( we all know what we purchased)

If it’s recyclable I recycle if someone looks that’s their problem.
I do save some of the nicer boxes for storage too

5 Likes

My womanizer premium I kept in the box it came in, same with my lush 3 egg, and one of my butt plugs.
My other toys I’ve put in the bags that they came with. And put the boxes in my recycling bin.

I chuck/recycle, although I have saved most of the plain Mantric boxes to use as shallow drawer dividers - they fit so nicely together with the lids chopped off.

2 Likes

The “best” box was the box that the king size fitted black vinyl sheet came in.

To be honest I pissed myself at the intimate images on the box…each of the 6 sides of the box was covered in them…(never mind me squirting on the sheet we bought it for)

My friend had to turn it inside out and squash it before it went in the recycling cardboard bin inbetween several other cardboard items and about half way down too…just in case.

:scream::scream::scream:

I keep most of my toys in the soft drawstring pouches if they came with one otherwise in their box. But I have alot of toys and the packaging can take over…:thinking:

1 Like

Oops obviously I meant recycle not just Chuck away :blush: I recycle but like @Dirty-Wife I’ve kept my womanizer box. Although I only keep the spare heads and booklets in there so I guess I could throw it.

Thanks @Mrs.John that makes me feel better about keeping the nicer ones for storage too, but some of them are just so big and take up so much room! Or perhaps I’m just buying too much :thinking:

@Baby_Jane thats such a good idea I’ve literally just recycled a bunch of my mantric boxes so I think I will use that tip for next time. I agree they are perfect sizes for drawer dividers damn I wish I thought of that first!

3 Likes

Hahaha I have never seen this but I can only imagine. I have GOT to see those images now :joy::joy:

I never did at first bit embarrassed :shushing_face: but now I just think sod it, why should I feel embarrassed about having a sex toy :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Oh yeah own it for sure!! I don’t hide or squash anything down. There’s no shame in my pleasure!! :laughing:

1 Like

I seem to be in the minority, I keep most of my boxes or at least all the nice ones with cutouts for the toy. I find it so much easier having a labled box to store each toy and it’s charging cable in. I don’t like putting cables in with toys in bags as I worry the cables might damage the soft silicone and I’m definitely not organised enough to know which cable is for which toy without their boxes! I have three (…needs to be four now) large understorage boxes where they all live and do have clear outs every now and again of toys that aren’t used anymore.

When I do recycle a box it just goes out unhidden with the normal recycling. If our postman can cope with the amount of LH boxes I’m sure the refuse collectors can manage too :joy:.

3 Likes

I have stocked up on the plain boxes as I’m donating small Christmas packages to a Animal Shelter.
Will always recycle the other toy boxes from inside.

1 Like

I keep most of my boxes. It takes a fair bit of space but I have plenty. It helps me keep track of what is what.

If I do discard, I just put straight in the recycle bin. The refuse guys are far too busy to care. They are much more worried about garden waste in the general waste bin

4 Likes

All go. Into the recycling

1 Like

I keep the outer boxes to reuse since they are just plain brown with no labeling on them :package: I don’t keep any of the individual toy packaging. I really liked the box my njoy butt plug came in, but I knew I wouldn’t use it (I prefer to have all my toys stored together in a smaller bag by my bed). My husband made me keep it for a few weeks because he thought it was cute, but I finally got rid of it this week. I don’t like to have a lot of clutter or keep things I won’t use :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’m a bit of a hoarder so I’m a bit bias :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: if it’s a normal not very interesting box I can usually bring myself to part with them :joy_cat: but if it’s a cool fancy box there’s no way I’m throwing it out!

2 Likes

I recycle most of mine, but my neighbours keep stealing my bin to make fires with all my paper and box recycling and I’m now known in the whole street as dildo Dawn. :upside_down_face:
They even found a receipt of a purchase and stuck it to my door.
I’m not embarrassed, luckily. But yeah, I throw mine out, I’ve no room to keep umpteen boxes.

4 Likes

The only one that’s stayed is the doxy #3 box. Nice box, handy to keep it in.
Everything else is in my bedside drawer. (Not a massive collection, just a few toys really.)
All the boxes have been recycled, with top marks Mantric for minimal packaging.

3 Likes

:joy::joy: dildo dawn!! I absolutely love this!!

2 Likes

I must confess I’m a bit of a hoarder and some of the boxes are so nice I can’t bare to throw them so I thought this might give me some motivation to throw them out. But you’re swaying me to keep some haha

1 Like