Trust Levels

@Ian_Chimp just found the congratulations thread… a nice idea! :+1:

2 Likes

I think I’ve been spraying this across different topics a bit too liberally. :slightly_smiling_face: I’ll pop a couple of quotes here so it all joins up. :+1:

And the TL3 Regular Badge is calculated at 5am every morning, so it doesn’t pop straight away like the TL2 Member one. :+1:

1 Like

Can’t see that I use it enough to get to TL3, and I’m not going to do things just to try to get there.

2 Likes

Absolutely. And it’s a continuous thing too, so if you don’t qualify in the latest 100 days you can be boinked back to Member. There’s a two week grace period to avoid over boinking, but it would be much easier if it was based on your natural forum style. :+1: Artificially keeping it up may get a little dull, and there’s really not that much fun stuff to make it worth it. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think there may have been a few people who were/are just shy of one or two of the criteria, and I thought I’d give them a tip in case they wanted one. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Actually, looking at your vital statistics, it looks like you may well get there. :slightly_smiling_face::+1: I’m still not 100% on how all the blurb translates into real life, but it could pop for you after you read another 2.7k posts (admittedly a chunk, but you’ve still got 49(?) days to do it in :+1::slightly_smiling_face:)

4 Likes

Oh thanks @Ian_Chimp. I thought I was further away than that. Might see if I can find some interesting stuff I missed if I get a lull time today.

2 Likes

Take it all with a pinch of salt though, as I don’t have a total handle on it. :slightly_smiling_face:

With this being the first 100 days it may be doing something quirky that might not travel through to the regular ebb and flow later, so bear that in mind. And I think @Lovehoney_Brenna can tweak the formula if she feels it’s not quite catching everyone (at the moment it seems to favour the Game players, but that could just mean they get TL3 quicker and the boost will become less noticeable when other people hit the reading threshold later in the 100 day cycle?)

Though it’ll be much easier to see how it works when it’s been up and running a while. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I seem to recall there was a way of looking at your stats over differing periods than just that on the summary (like today, this week etc). But I can’t find it again. (Should have bookmarked it). Anyone remember how to do it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

User List

:+1:

3 Likes

That’s the one. Ta.

2 Likes

You’ve not popped yet. :thinking: This is most curious.

I wonder what you’re missing? I shall be watching you with renewed vigour. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Lovely. Yes I am curious as to what else I need to do. As far as I am aware, I’ve done everything else.
I won’t be on a lot today, as I have a full day work-wise, so if it hasn’t popped in the morning, I’ll have a look at the other things I need to do.

1 Like

It may be Topics Viewed? 25% of New Topics (capped at 500). You’re just over that number in your profile summary, but there’s a question mark over what counts as ‘new’ at the moment?

2 Likes

So I’m even more confused now. I spent way too much time yesterday and today reading threads I’d missed, and now I’ve reached the point where I’ve gone down all subforums and read anything with a post date from early July onwards across all threads. I can’t find any more posts, but given all I need is 25% of those posted, I must be way over.
Same for number of threads - I’ve read every thread since the start of the new forum, so I must be over 25%
I’ve been on here 57 days. I’ve got the “Gives Back” badge, which is 100 likes and 100 liked (so those 2 criteria have been met.)
I haven’t been flagged and I haven’t been silenced.
Seriously, I am at a total loss. (And I know I shouldn’t care, but it is really niggling me).

4 Likes

You’re not alone. :slightly_smiling_face: I haven’t spotted it yet either, and it’s bugging the shit out of me. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ve just had another look at you’ve done a substantial amount of reading today. :slightly_smiling_face:

The Regular Badge is calculated at 5am every morning, so what you’ve added today won’t count until tomorrow. I think I’ll wait until then to see if that’s helped before I go full John Nash on it. :slightly_smiling_face:

I thought it might have been down to you reading posts/topics that were out of the 100 day window. Then I thought it was because you’d posted a photo of your minge in moonlight and got super-flagged. :slightly_smiling_face: There’s also a weird rule about getting likes from 1/5 of the amount of people over 1/4 of the amount of days (which I do not understand).

Hopefully the extra reading today will pop it tomorrow. :+1:

3 Likes

It’s what comes of being bored, of my sex partners being at work and of a niggly thought that just a few more might make it pop!

Yes I don’t understand that rule either. But I do have a liberal spread of people I’ve been liking and been liked by over the weeks. Is that enough? Who knows!

If someone could explain what that means, then I might be able to work out if that is the problem.

Thanks for looking @Ian_Chimp. Much appreciated.

3 Likes

Oh, and nobody expects a minge picture in moonlight. :crescent_moon:

2 Likes

I’m not sure if that caveat is for all your likes in total, or just those minimum 20:30 (or just the Likes given? Total/minimum?). There’s a chance any likes cast in any Your Photos topics won’t count, as they don’t for Nice/Good/Great Reply Badges now it’s set to ‘visible to account holder only’ (TL0+). But you’re well above the minimum, so you’d think at least 30 of them were in other categories?

I mean, I wouldn’t worry too much as you’re not missing out on much. :slightly_smiling_face: But if I can just figure out why yours hasn’t popped yet… :thinking:

So, how about this?

The minimum if it applied to both given and received likes within the 100 day window:

Given 30/5 = to 6 different users
Receive 20/5 = from 4 different users

Scaled up to you: (from yesterday’s data)

Given 176/5 = to 35.2 different users
Received 224/5 = from 44.8 different users

Scaled up to Hot Stuff @WillC :slightly_smiling_face::fire:

Given 3100(ish)/5 = to 620 different users
Received 3400(ish)/5 from 680 different users

(perhaps this is also capped, like the 25% posts/topics one? Or will Will get liked out of being regular as there won’t be enough members to provide the minimum :slightly_smiling_face:)

Does that sound plausible? If it was simply 20:30 divided by 5 why wouldn’t they just say 4:6?

And the ‘across a minimum number of different days’ would be 56/4 = 14 days. So some likes given and/or received over at least 14 different days?

2 Likes

It does sound plausible, but difficult to keep up. I think poor @WillC would be screwed!

2 Likes

I do like a bit of mystery. :slightly_smiling_face: Hopefully it’ll pop in the morning. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like