Unpopular Sex Toy Opinions

Have you ever bought a highly-reviewed acclaimed sex toy and just not been keen on it?
Or have you ever bought a poorly-reviewed sex toy and discovered you love it?
Maybe there’s an entire genre of toys which you don’t jive with?

Anyhow, what are your unpopular sex toy opinions? :blush:

8 Likes

I bought a toy from a different site, its a non penetrative vibrator that you can sit on.

It was recommended on popular daytime TV and as a result was on offer at half price so I picked it up. I just can’t get on with it, have tried it a couple of times and now it just gathers dust.

1 Like

We don’t get on with the very popular mains-powered wands. We just find them too industrial for our bedroom style (too heavy, too hot, too loud). Mrs Chimp much prefers the medium rechargeable variety. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

And love eggs. Mrs Chimp finds them too diffuse/untargeted.

For awhile she didn’t get on with the hard plastic of the We-Vibe Tango either, but then something just clicked when she tried it again one day. :+1:

5 Likes

My girlfriend can not stand rabbits. They do absolutely nothing for her! Much better with a bullet and some fingers, or of course the real thing!

4 Likes

My OH is exactly the same about rabbits - although she’s not massive keen on bullets either…needs to be a slower deeper
Vibe. She does love the Womanizer as an alternative tho!

1 Like

We have looked at the womanizer to give it a try, but a bit out of our price range at the minute! I don’t know what it is about the rabbit, maybe just not as flexible and not as great clit stimulation, but she has never used or had one since we have been together at least! Maybe just a poor experience in the past.

For me, It’s cock rings, although I think I just didn’t have a great experience in the past and I’m eager to try them again soon to see what it’s really like.

1 Like

We bought the same sit-on vibrator as MsSub and she’s not keen. The hardest part is finding somewhere to place it so that you can lie everything up when you sit on it.

We’ve not had a lot of luck with the We vibe stuff either in terms of their remote connectivity.

Love eggs too. She needs focussed stimulation for best effect.

2 Likes

That’s exactly it @rockstar - it would probably be alright if everything lined up but no amount of wiggling or shifting seems to help!

I like love eggs but am yet to find one that can get me off, they’re just a nice tease.

1 Like

We have the thrill seeker wireless one, and she found it almost done the job, but it does take a lot of time working through the settings. Think it needs a wee diesel motor in it lol

1 Like

I just cant get on with rabbits or bullets. I find the bullets more frustrating, i rarely orgasm with one.

1 Like

My very unpopular opinion is that I just can’t get on with bullets! I’m still very much open to trying new ones in the hope I find the perfect match but all in all I just find them too small and fiddly and they’ve just never done it for me!

3 Likes

Rabbits with the specific rabbit ears I just don’t really get on with, I don’t want to feel like I’m being jabbed at :rofl:

2 Likes

Rabbits are notoriously tricky, as the ‘fit’ depends so much on personal anatomy. We’ve been quite lucky so far, and most of ours have been decent enough, but Mrs Chimp still prefers a two-toy set-up. :slightly_smiling_face: That way she can get everything positioned just the way she likes it. :+1:

1 Like

We have had a few disappointments. Anything like eggs just don’t do anything for us. Not even really a nice feeling.
The aneros range is sadly the same but we keep trying.
Most disappointingly the nJoy pure wand. It’s raved about in so many places both for gspot and pspot pleasure but we couldn’t get it to work for either. For gspot maybe our technique is wrong but it’s just too big and heavy and is easy to bump into thing inside in a painful and rather off putting way. For pspot maybe it’s just the same as the aneros. Just nothing pleasurable. Not uncomfortable, but just nothing that would lead anywhere

1 Like

just took delivery of a pin wheel very disappointed in the size of it does nothing for me dispite the reviews

1 Like

Are you using it on yourself? Pinwheels feel a lot different when being used by a partner on you

2 Likes

My unpopular opinions:

Vibes that are too rumbly don’t do much for me (I need rumbly with a touch of buzz)
Toys with large surface areas don’t do much for me.
(Decent wands are the exception to both of the above for me)

I’m also not a huge fan of rabbits generally. I have a couple that work pretty well for me but I hardly ever use them. Like @Ian_Chimp (well Mrs Chimp) I prefer 2 separate toys if I’m after dual stimulation.

2 Likes

@Calie Hi thanks for replying re pin wheel my OH use it on me but it is so small

1 Like

My unpopular opinion

Rabbits @labyrinth couldnt agree more on the jabbing ha! Body stockings that look amazing on the model and has fantastic reviews but I look a big fat mess n my tits keep flopping out

Been so disappointed really that the last few items purchased I’ve not left a review because I just look like I’m moaning

2 Likes

I wear a bra with my bodystockings as I have huge soft breasts…would that help?

1 Like