My husband wants to try these that go into the end of the penis

Just want peoples opinion

Does it hurt or is it pleasing
Can you cum when it’s in place
Do you put it in or does your partner
Is it worth it

1 Like

Hmm, lots of threads on this.
It shouldn’t hurt, if it does then the size of what you are trying to insert is too large or not enough lube (or both).
Yes, you can cum while it is in place (some sounds are hollow so can be worn for extended periods).
Who pops it in/takes it out is entirely up to you.
As to whether it is worth it that is entirely up to you, if he as an individual finds it fun, if you as a couple find it fun …

1 Like

Can feel really nice, depends on the person
I suggest he uses it to start with, with you watching, use a metal one not silicone smooth or ribbed(holds lube better) 6 or 8mm id suggest or a stepped one, keep everything really clean, lots lube, getting it inside can be harder but makes it slide easier.
If he enjoys it, having you do it for him will be a great turn on?

2 Likes

Start with something small. Perhaps a 6 to 8mm hollow penis plug. He can keep it in when he comes too.
Keep everything sterile and use sealed sachets of sterile lubricant.
If he enjoys the sensation he can move on to longer sounding rods.

2 Likes

Might look a bit scary but this could be a good starting point, just control the depth
https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/bondage/cock-ball-toys/urethral-sounds/p/penis-plug-double-ended-stainless-steel-ribbed-urethral-dilator-6mm/a33430g59508.html

Oh and my wife really quite enjoys a sound rod in her too,
Also see this thread Urethral Sounds - #31 by randystevens1950

If you mean the ones that are 4 to 6 inches long they are basically penis jewelry. Key is to have the correct diameter and yes, you can cum through them if hollow core. 7mm is perfect for me but 8mm or larger hurts. I have a long vibrating wand that reaches the prostate and that is sized correctly at 7 mm and is erotic. You need to boil, strain, and cool any urethra toys before play otherwise you risk urinary track infection. For a lack of a better description… playing with the pee hole can be erotic if you do it right.

1 Like

Theres a LH guide here to sounding
https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/advice/bondage/how-to-use-urethral-sounds.html

Theres also a very good one by Thechaingang, dont think i can link the guide as they also sell items though they are in the usa

Personally, after having catheters I would be saying NO, NO, NO. Its certainly not pleasurable.

Think it depends on the person, ive found it really nice as does my wife( far less common in females ) personal choice, hes already thought about it so providing his first experience goes ok id bet he continues

Female sounds are much shorter, are they not? Testing my biology knowledge here but I recall males have a much longer urethrae.

You are correct. The one we use with my wife is about 100 mm long still goes, all the way in, 50mm probably the recommend length

Catheters are usually 8mm which doesn’t comfortably fit a lot of people including myself. Sized right , it can be pleasurable. Urethra can be stretched quite a bit and I bought the kit to do so but never really got into it. One of those things were interest was bigger than practice.

Bit more info for you @batjamboree

I have purchased a bunch of urethral play type toys. The long vibrating wand is my fav. Lots of lube and just let it slide in under it’s own weight and then I can play knowing I am not causing internal damage. The shorter “plugs” can be fun but don’t stay inserted if soft. The one exception to that has been one I purchased that was ribbed with the final rib being larger. If inserted while wearing a cage it stayed in place. Many designs have a gland ring which works fine and keeps things in place. The issue I had was that they created a pinch point during erection. I bought a bunch of urethral toys over the years. Some went right in the bin, others are at the back of the toy drawer and the vibrating wand is right up front with the rest of the favs. I also bought one of the kits to stretch the urethra but didn’t really get into it. I would like to comfortably fit 8mm but not willing to force it like a body piercing.

I have one that vibrates it is pretty intense. If you get one of the longer ones it will stimulate the prostate.

I’ve learned a lot from this thread.

First times can feel weird until the penis is used to the sensation but once settled it can be very pleasing and rather erotic to have done!
I actually finally got to try a metal rod a few weeks back and it did feel loads nicer than the silicone ones plus there was this moment when it went all way in and I thought crap it’s not gonna come out but it slipped right out again and was funnily nice to watch :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

To be fair its a pleasurable pain, its also addictive, the more you do it the bigger you want to go, I should know, I’m at 16mm and want to go bigger!! it’s the pleasure, the pain, the challenge and the look!!
I would only recommend metal sounds or plugs, they’re easier to use and unlike silicone sounds they stay lubed a lot longer, silicone sounds tend to dry up and drag on the urethra when pulling them out, also I’d recommend a water based lube like LH discovery in a pump bottle so you can pump the lube directly down the urethra, like all insertions and stretching you can never have enough lubes, I actually started with plugs which have better tapers than sounds tend to but move to sounds as they stretch the full urethra and look awesome when fully inserted.

1 Like

It is addictive ,yes only metal ones to start with, i recommend lube sachets not a pump bottle and wash the head hands and anything else before play, ive played for years but had two uti’s last year think i know why but now super clean when sounding, explaining to the under 30 female practitioner why i got what i did was interesting.

2 Likes

My wife helped slide a 11mm smooth sound rod into me last night, then a 8mm ribbed curved one that’s about 10" long it was a emotional climax

1 Like

That is my go to for sounding , ribs hold lube . I also make multiple entries applying more sub on each insertion . I bought silicone and they are terrible , at least. for me . My theory is the silicone rejects the lube and then the probe drags causing discomfort . I highly recommend him laying on his back and mostly let gravity take it in , usually turning it as you / he go . I recently bought a cock cage that has a urethra probe and is an e-stim unit . I pre insert the probe with lube before putting on the cage . Then insert the probe that locks into the end . First use had me a bit nervous , but from there on I love it and find the upper power settings quite wonderful . As of yet , I have not cum using it , but very close . On the above model , once you are familiar you can use while standing . It is a bit of a challenge , but I have had a prostrate massager in and rumbling and then inserted the stainless ribbed in and I believe working both sides of my prostrate . For me just a lite side taps sideways on the inch of probe still sticking out . OMG , the feeling was heaven . I edged myself multiple times , withdrew the sound and produced an amazing amount of cum , at least for me . I use the individual sterile lube packs .

2 Likes