Urethral Sounds

One thing I haven’t tried that both interests and scares me in equal measure is urethral sounds. Does anyone have any experience or advice to offer?

1 Like

My husband tried this about a year ago as we read it can be a lot of pleasure but it made him feel sick and I felt it looked painful

I have spoken to others who have gained some pleasure from it but quite limited and there is clearly a fear with it especially with infections

If you are to try it - start small

1 Like

Yep, it’s addictive.
Scary as they look, metal sounds are best. Silicon can leave you sore.
Lovehoney have some good choices

1 Like

I have used and enjoyed them but after two serious UTI’s in quick succession I’ve had to stop using them .

Try a vibrating one it is great.

I’m curious to know what Urethral Sounds are? I thought I’d ask here rather than google it!

Metal (or silicone) rods which are inserted into the urethra. More commonly in men but some women enjoy sounding too.

The rods can be straight or curved and generally the user works up to larger sizes with practice.

2 Likes

Well I never knew that but definitely isn’t for me thanks, I’ll stick to my knicker wearing…:grin:

Dont use one too small, 7mm the smallest, you really dont want it too pokey as its easier to damage when too small. Use a lube shooter to squeeze lube inside the shaft, then gentle playing, do some research and you’ll be good?

1 Like

Really think 7mm is too large to start with - there have been plenty of threads on this over the years.

If the tip of what you are inserting is rounded rather than a point and you are using lube then it shouldn’t be an issue (and if it hurts - STOP).

I think I started on something around 4mm and worked up to 1.2cm. A long one with a vibrator at the end could give you a different experience and once you introduce e-stim(?) into the mix (LH might still sell) …

I started with a 6mm Hagar sound and gradually worked my way up. I’d got to 10mm when I stopped as I kept getting UTIs.

Sounding and masturbation lead to intensified orgasms. Yes there are some risks but done safely and carefully you can have a lot of pleasure.

1 Like

I absolutely love sounding. I’ve got several different kinds but my vibrating 8mm one is my favourite and it always makes me cum after a nice session with it. The feeling as it slides inside me is something else, sliding it up and down is just incredible… like an internal masturbation. It feels so nice and the fact it’s a bit taboo helps with the eroticism of it.

I want something larger than this now though because as much as I enjoy it, it doesn’t quite stretch me as much as I would like.

I also love penis plugs and wear a couple I have regularly but I’m sure there’s a thread about that somewhere that I can post to rather then here.

1 Like

I’ve never tried the vibrating sounds, didn’t think they could cause an orgasm. But after reading your post, I will try that. I’d love it if I could orgasm that way!
I’ve been dilating my urethra now for almost 6 months. Started at 7mm, very slowly have graduated to 11.5mm with zero pain, 12mm plus with some mild pain. But that’s the way it goes as I move up to the next size. I wear a dilator 24/7 that’s a comfortable size with zero pain. Then slowly move up a half millimeter at a time.
I use the silicone shorter dilators that do not go through my prostate. I don’t care for that after removing it. Lots of lube is a must! Also, the roll-on lidocaine liquid that’s often used for sore muscles works exceptionally well on the penis head at helping to minimizing pain when upsizing the dilator. I even squirt some in the urethra about 10 to 15 minutes ahead of time when inserting a larger dilator.
Anyway, I hope this information helps others

1 Like

I had been sounding for years, worked all the way up to a 16mm hegar sound, Ive had through hole penis plugs of the same size and silicone sounds too.
My advise would be to only use metal sounds and lots of lube, I used LH discovery lube with the dispenser so I could squirt it straight in to my peehole, another advantage of metal sounds is they are easier to control than silicone sounds so inserting is easier but my biggest problem with silicone sounds is they seem to absorb the lube as after a few minutes of it being in your peehole you tend to get a dragging sensation. The only positive I found I could wear a silicone sound under my clothes for a lot longer.
I say everything in the past tense as at the start of the year I had 2 very bad UTI’s, I don’t believe they were to do with my sounding but it has really put me off sticking something in my peehole again.
My other advice is if using metal sounds start with the one that fits in you urethra snuggly but with no resistance, don’t force it in, smaller metal sounds can do as much damage as too large ones as they have the possibility of puncturing the urethra if used incorrectly.
After your used to the sensation of a sound in your peehole and you have a technique that works for you then you can work your way up to the next size, remember every millimetre you go up in width is a 3mm stretch in circumference so it can take a while to go from one sound to the next, like all stretching everything should be done slowly and with minimum pushing, there will be resistance so gentle persuasion will be needed, there might be a bit of stinging but if it gets painful that’s when to stop.
Saying that some of the pleasure is the pleasurable pain you get when they are large.
Also the others who are at the larger end of the scale like myself it is now possible to buy a hegar set that goes up in 0.5mm increments, so only a 1.5mm stretch.
“Heavy Duty Hegars for Big Boys, 9 Pieces Surgical Steel Urethral Sounds” from a well know auction site!!

I have been sounding off and on for a few years . No silicone , as other said they tend to drag after a short time . Like they either absorb or repel the lube . As a former medical tech , only use the individual sterilized packets ! They are the only lube I will use while sounding . I do not wish to have a UTI . I found my favorite is the ribbed one about 9" long . I put lube right on the opening and along the ribs . Then I work it in a ways , withdraw it and apply more lube and continue . Note , go slow and use basically no force , I like to rotate it during insertion . I seem to get to my prostrate at about 8" in , I found a lite tap tap against to was pleasurable . I have used the sounder in conjunction with prostrate massagers , dildos and vibrating eggs . Not saying it was a little bit wonderful , but if I was a cat I would be purring hard . Just remember sterile lube and easy does it . The site of it disappearing into my cock is fuel for the brain . Happy probing !

1 Like

I’ve never tried the vibrating sounds, didn’t think they could cause an orgasm. But after reading your post, I will try that.
I’ve been dilating my urethra now for almost 6 months. Started at 7mm, very slowly have graduated to 11.5mm with zero pain, 12mm plus with some mild pain. But that’s the way it goes as I move up to the next size. I wear a dilator 24/7 that’s a comfortable size with zero pain. Then slowly move up a half millimeter at a time.
I use the silicone shorter dilators that do not go through my prostate. I don’t care for that after removing it. Lots of lube is a must! Also, the roll-on lidocaine liquid (salonpas has the 4% lidocaine liquid over the counter roll-on) that’s often used for sore muscles works exceptionally well on the penis head at helping to minimizing pain when upsizing the dilator. I even squirt some in the urethra about 10 to 15 minutes ahead of time when inserting a larger dilator.
Anyway, I hope this information helps others

1 Like

The first time I started with a ribbed sound which was gently tapered to 7mm. After much lube I lined it up and let it drop in under gravity ie no pushing. My wife watched in fascination and she couldn’t wait to drop it in. So I let her and she was really gentle and shook my penis to make it slide in faster. She then gently masturbated me until I ejaculated which was a nice sight to see my sperm oozing out around the sound. The orgasm sensation was heightened by having the sound in place.

Since that first time I have been working my way up in size. Currently I can get an 11mm sound in comfortably and 12mm with no pain but it needs to be pushed past the resistance ie stretching me. I will probably stop expanding after that.

I tend to let my wife sound me with sounds I can easily manage and have worked on stretching my urethra on my own. Sharing the sounding experience with a partner is a real thrill.

I hope my experience helps others reading this post.

1 Like

Almost every Lidocaine product has been discontinued here in the uk, some are still available on the Internet though a well known female product for stopping itching is still available, that is 2%

Which size & type of penis plug do you wear regularly. I wear one 24/7 and it’s a 10mm. It helps hold my urethra open after I’ve used a much larger dilator (like a 12mm). If I don’t use the 10mm as a “holder” then after a day or more, the urethra just gets smaller and I have to slowly increase the plug size again yo get back to the 12mm.