Using toys on your period?

I ordered a vibrator (my first toy!) and just my luck it's arriving tomorrow - the day I start my period. I should really have timed this better. Should I wait until a lighter day to try it out, or just go for it and wash it afterwards, since it's waterproof? What do other people tend to do with regards to using vibrators and dildos when it's that time of the month?

welcome to the forum hun. why not.
i personally dont as have bad cramps and just not in the right mood..If this doesnt bother you then go for it x

Use a condom over it maybe.

This is a good question as i too have pondered this, the main concern for me is staining! i wouldnt want to stain any toys, albeit the toys I have are either glass and silicone which im not too sure if they stain?

hope someone can enlighten us on this subject 🤔

Hi, welcome to the forums. Good question! I cant help but thought I'd say hello!

Glass should be fine SquirtyPanda!

I don't have periods but have read a few blog posts from people who use toys on their period and find masturbating actually helps with the cramps. Providing the toy is thoroughly washed straight after use I don't see any problems arising unless the toy is made from a porous material :)

I am the same in that I don't have periods, but when I did I carried on regardless!!!

Like the others have said, so long as it has a good wash after can't see an issue.

Have fun - oh, and welcome xxx

Personally I do still use mine but my periods are quite light. My wand definitely, I do fine the orgasms help the cramps.
Dildos though I keep the use to the shower whilst I'm on my period.

Can't see a problem, you should go for it.

If you plan to use it internally, better try in the shower as it may get a bit messy otherwise. A good wash after and it's all fine.

Hello and welcome to the forum :) I use clitoral vibrators when I'm on my period and just wash them directly after :)

Welcome! :D

I use clit vibes if the mood strikes when I'm on my period and have never had an issue. Sure, sometimes there's a bit of mess, but that's no reason not to if you feel like doing it!

Just clean the toys straight away - I'd reccomend some of the cleaning stuff LH sell.

I don't on heavy days because I can't be chewed with that much mess, but on lighter days I have done and have either used condoms that would otherwise go to waste or have just cleaned it straight away with the LH toy cleaning wipes/spray.

Orgasms help with my period pains so I often masturbate and use toys whilst I'm menstruating.

I agree with what has been said already, if it's non porous (glass, metal, silicone, ABS plastic) it shouldn't stain, especially if you wash it right away. I've never had ny trouble. I'm not sure about materials like TPE. Personally I wouldn't waste a condom, especially because the vibe is waterproof so you can wash it thoroughly. If I'm worried I'll make a mess I'll put a dark coloured towel down on the bed first and then throw it in the washing machine after.

Enjoy your first toy :)

If i'm ever so inclined as to use a toy when i'm on it's always one i can use clitorally and i always make use of tampons or my menstrual cup to curb any potential mess on my heavier days and a dark towel during my mid way break where it ends up i'm not as i'm not quite as off as i thought i was or the end
anything that i would potentialy use internally i'd make sure was made out of stuff like glass, metal, ceramic, hard plastic/abs, silicone as they can easily be cleaned and sanitised or even sterilised

I've decided external use only is the way to go for this week, it's silicone so I'm just washing straight after use and I reckon it'll be fine. I know from experience that masturbating helps get rid of my (admittedly minor) cramps, so I figure that there's no harm. I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't stain or anything, mostly!

Hello, and welcome to to the forum 😀 I use toys on my period, as orgasms really help with my cramps, and have never had any issues. As others have said, as long as they are non porous there shouldn't be a problem xx

I just use a condom when I'm on my period, as I always find I'm more in the mood during 'that time...' - ribbed ones can add an extra sensation too, which is always fun :)

Hello! Welcome :)

I tend to use external toys only during my period, easier to clean and mantain that way. However, nothing wrong with using internally as well if you're happy with the clean up afterwards but even then it depends on your body personally (flow, cramps etc)

Yes I do but it's normally right at the very beginning or end when it's lighter. Normally only use externally though as that's all I fancy then anyway and the same as another poster, I use a tampon to lessen any mess.
Just enjoy it 😊

Silicone is not porous, so it shouldn't stain. Using a condom if you want to use it internally is a great idea.

I'm in the group that masturbates to help with period cramps (and headaches too). A Liberator Throw or another kind of cover in the bed avoids staining the sheets for those who enjoy internal stimulation but hate the fuss.