Virtual Love

Hey everyone,

Currently doing some research in this area so would love to get people's honest opinions on A.I love and whether they would be keen to try it out. A lot of articles about this of late and they reckon it might be possible by 2025 (see this Telegraph article - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/11898241/By-2050-human-on-robot-sex-will-be-more-common-than-human-on-human-sex-says-report.html) to have sex with robots so want to ask the community a few questions:

If you could have sex with an artificial lifeform (think Cylon from Battlestar Galactica or Synth from Humans) would you?

Why would you be curious to try it?

What do you think it could offer that sex with another human couldn't?

All viewpoints welcome!

I don't have a sex life due to hubby's medical issues I'd love a 12th doctor robot, he'd have to be a replica of 12th Doctor. He'd be used for sex only, we both love each other but sex is off menu now.

Ah, futurologists... No offense but I have read that in the 1950s there were people who claimed that by 2000 there would be pills that would allow everyone to weigh exactly how much they wanted. And when I was in primary school, we had a textbook that, beside normal, dull texts that explained lots of scientific stuff in a kiddie-friendly way, also had a chapter "How will we live in 2015?" - it predicted there would be a flourishing human colony on the Moon living inside a set of huge capsules with controlled weather...

Lol i agree Briona. After seeng the recent DARPA robot challenge I think 2050 might be a bit optomistic!