Wand vs other (G-spot) vibrators

Hi can someone assist me in understanding if there is a difference between a standard sort of vibrator and the big wands that are on the site?

My wife and I have smaller G-spot vibrators and a vibrating dildo for playing around, but recently a LoveHoney customer service person suggested a couple of wands.

Is there any difference or reason to buy a bigger wand compared to the vibrators we already have. Most of the time the vibrators we use are for external clitoral stimulation, which would be similar to the wands, I assume, because I didn’t think the wands were insertable.

Appreciate your guidance.

As you say, unless you are very adventurous, wands are for external stimulation only. Generally though, compared to vibrators, wands are more powerful. Particularly the rechargeable or mains powered versions. They also have a larger vibrating head which can stimulate a larger area of the genitals. They can also be used on the penis too.

Additionally there is a range of attachments available for wands for both male and female stimulation.

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

What are you trying to do?

Vibrators are not created equally and all types will be different, in some way, to the next.

If you bought the vibrators you have from LH, it might help to link them or tell us the name of it.

I think the most recommended toy would be a wand, so I’m not surprised it was recommended. A wand can be used by you both, is generally easy to clean. Is not insertable. The size of the head varies, some are bigger than others.

But not all wands are created equal either. Mains operated are generally really powerful but the rechargeable type are plenty powerful too. Like all toys, there will be buzzy vs rumbly, low power vs high power.

I like a wand, I also like a clit stimulation toy too. Having one type of vibrator won’t meet all the needs.

2 Likes

Surprisingly my wife finds the mains wand a little too strong for her and she prefer the small bullet toys. I also purchased a Womanizer Pro40 for clit stimulation but she just not into it an has left it in the drawer which is a shame as I hear such good reviews.

In a word - Yes!

Wands are very different and used for totally different stimulation to the toys you already have. They are also great for both female and male anatomy. Generally, they are broader and have rumblier, much more powerful vibrations than the vibes you mention. I would recommend a rechargeable as mains powered can be rather cumbersome if you’re not used to them. As @JoCat says, what each person most likes will vary, read the reviews to see what sounds best for you and your wife. Personally, I like deeply penetrating rumbly vibrations and the Mantric Wand is my favourite. I thoroughly recommend trying one, I think you’ll both like it!

(Edited for grammar and fat finger errors, was tractoring while replying earlier :rofl:)

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback.
So, @JoCat the very first vibrator that I bought was not via LH - what I got was this: competitor link removed by mod… but this toy (also available on LH) – the reason that I bought this was because it had a small circumference because previous attempts at toy play had been met with less enthusiasm (previously size was one issue). Subsequently, my wife really enjoyed it and it opened up more exploration as she suggested the rose.
The rose was amazing with orgasm level not seen before, but sometime my wife says they are too intense, so I looked at something to use on those occasions that she didn’t want the rose. Some reviews claimed that this was not as intense, which looked good, but it completely failed to even get close. The “licker” never even made contact with the clitoris, so it just may not work on all body shapes etc, hence the suggestion from LH re a wand.

So what I gather from your comments, the head of most wands are bigger so the vibrations are displaced over more area and not just a specific spot on the clitoris?

@Peitho that Mantric one looks good and it looks like it would be acceptable for insertion as well? Just interested, because while I did a huge amount of research into the first vibrator and finding a smaller one, with all the leveling up in orgasms that we have been doing the last 6 months, we have found that my wife has really been enjoying a large circumference toy, which we still laugh about all the effort I went to at the start :wink: so if it is insertable and it is a good wand, then I might look in that direction…

Given they are more powerful are wands more noisy? the rose is really noisy yet our first small vibrator is nice and quite.

I have never tried inserting it, I actually have this version which is the previous model, and no longer available, but supposedly the same circumference. The new one does look to be all the same outer casing and both are completely waterproof so, from a safety point of view, you’d probably be okay to try but it’s one hell of a jump from the Svakom. The vibes will also be a lot more powerful but they are designed for clit stimulation rather than G-Spot. Also, keep in mind, if you do insert it, the shape of the head is not designed for a smooth removal and it would probably be quite uncomfortable to do so, especially after orgasming. I’m not totally ruling it out but I think you should get a wand with the intention being just external play (for both of you) rather than expecting it to work as a dildo… I mean, the handle definitely could be with the Mantric but all the vibes and power are focused in the head so it wouldn’t really work that way around. It is, however, a fantastic vibrator.

(NB I’ve removed the link in your previous post as competitor links are not allowed on the forum, I think I have linked the same toy available on Lovehoney though, for context.)

Is it you or your partner that wants something insertable? I wouldn’t get a wand to insert it, they’re for external use and like @Peitho says, the removal could be uncomfortable.

I have the same mantric wand that @Peitho has linked, LH have their version of it in the Mon Ami range.

It looks exactly the same except its blue. If your partner finds the rose too intense, then that tells you that she needs a low power toy. I recommend this from the Mon Ami range. I have this and have reviewed it, I LOVE this toy. Although the pump and lick buttons are separate, I only ever use the lick function with the pump. It brings the clit to be licked :drooling_face: and its delightful, I honestly just think its not being used right because this toy is amazing :laughing:

I also have my Desire wand this is one for using with my partner or after I’ve already ‘warmed up’ with another toy as its a bit intense. Of the toys that I have, the blue mon ami would be my pick for low power, and the suction toy from that range also, it feels like the lightest touch and is really good for building up to an orgasm.

1 Like

To generalise slightly, wands tend to be the more powerful vibrators available. Usually, bigger motors, heavier heads (sometimes a metal frame with a silicone cover) and mains power - all contribute to powerful vibrations.

That can be a downside, as it’s simply too much for some.

While they are predominantly for external use, you can get attachments that insert inside or you can just touch the wand against a dildo or butt plug for example. That can be extremely effective.

Thanks all for your assistance.

No there is no specific plan for anything to be inserted, I was just interest if it was designed or supposed to or not.

Thanks @Peitho for correcting my miss hap with my link :wink:

Thanks @JoCat that desire wand looks interesting :slight_smile:

@JoCat , you know Mantric is a LH range, same as Mon Ami, right? :rofl:

I don’t have the Mon Ami wand but in other equivalent pieces I prefer the deeper frequency of the vibes in the Mantric range… the control buttons are generally better in the Mon Ami’s though!

@Wifepleasing , sorry, I missed the noise question earlier… they’re not silent, probably rechargeables are a bit louder than your original vibrator just because they’re more powerful. Mains powered, at least the Doxy Die Cast we have, are louder again. However, suction toys that don’t have the smart silent feature are very loud so it doesn’t surprise me you found the rose very loud, presumably it’s quieter once in a sealed contact?

I didn’t know it was a LH range! Thats odd bringing out another wand exactly the same. I knew Mon Ami was but I always though Mantric was a brand like Womanizer. When I was writing the review, I remember comparing the patterns and I think they were almost the same, one was just a beat behind like Row Row Row the boat :rofl:

@Wifepleasing the Desire wand is very nice but it is intense, which your partner didn’t like in the Rose, bear that in mind.