Wax Play

Anyone on here into wax play or curious? Me and the boyfriend have started using the bondage man candles and love them! Happy to answer questions to total newbies too :)

Yep, one huge candle-curious here! I have gotten ourselves some bondage candles already, but not yet had an opportunity to try them out. We have tried massage candles before, but I do consider us total newbies to wax play, so any advice and tips and ideas and suggestions and descriptions (and I'll stop now) are welcome! :) Will be keeping an eye out for this thread. Thanks!

era wrote:

Yep, one huge candle-curious here! I have gotten ourselves some bondage candles already, but not yet had an opportunity to try them out. We have tried massage candles before, but I do consider us total newbies to wax play, so any advice and tips and ideas and suggestions and descriptions (and I'll stop now) are welcome! :) Will be keeping an eye out for this thread. Thanks!
I'm still fairly beginner however can share what I know. First off good for choosing bondage candles as their melting point is lower and safer than home candles. I prefer the bondage man candles which are sold on LH and independently. They're hand made and local to me. The owners are wonderful and sent me out replacements next day when my order arrived broken. Another good thing about these compared to others I've tried is that these are opaque when melted so you can make really pretty designs. I've got a pic waiting for approval on here but it's live on my fetlife right now (link in profile) if you want to see a design with them. Just because they have a lower boiling point doesn't mean they don't hurt though! Some areas hurt more than others so it's important to have a play partner who listens to you and uses the safe word. If you'd like to take a break whilst using candles I find my partner blowing on the wax soothes the pain. Hope you enjoy your wax! Here if you wanna ask any more questions :)

After seeing your avi I am very curious ...think it's something I may have to wait a while to get into but I found your post interesting and will definitely be looking into wax further ..:)

Hi Monday Sixteenth, I got to agree with you on your choice of candles and the points you brought up, we buy the exact same candles as you, straight from the man himself.
Have you tried the jugs of wax yet which he sells, with them you can built up a small reservoir of hot wax up, but you have to be careful, the longer you leave it the hotter the wax gets. We like using the UV and the fluorescent colours as it gives a different effect.
If you want to take your play to the next level, try the Japanese hot wax candles which you can purchase on this site, these burn at a higher temperature, so you have to be a lot more aware of how far you can take your play.
Love your Avi and continue to love your candles :)))

Oh, so now you scared me a bit stating they do hurt. I love (the good kind of) hot (as in not the suffocating sweaty heat of summer or the excessive heat inside when in winter), my baths are usually making me boil from how hot I prefer them, making me all red too. So that's one thing. We have ventured into impact play and such, so I have also discovered how pleasurable pain can be in the right circumstances, and this is another thing. But we're not into (hard) pain per se. So is it that much pain? It's worth noting I have very sensitive skin, so how long do the marks usually stay on? And more importantly: does wax play give sexual pleasure? The idea that I made for myself about it is that it is more a kind of "pampering" and a form of art, rather than very sexual.

I am just an absolute fan of candles, even my ceiling lamp is old fashioned as a real chandelier (as in you can put and light real candles on it)! And yes, your profile pic is great!

I love wax play, and the candles from the bondage man are awesome. As I am in a D/s relationship, for me personally I find wax play very erotic (as I’m normally tied up at the time Ha Ha) – but its just as much about the emotional / trust side too.

The temperature that the wax melts determines the heat you feel from the wax when it reaches your body. Some candles that have a lower melting point can be used closer to the body, others have higher melting points and need to be held further away.

The Bondage Man’s candles are of the lower melting point variety. With these candles Mr Scorpius varies the height that he drips the wax from 12 inches (which gives a nice warming sensation) to 3 inches (which can be very intense), but still will not cause a burn for me – although I do get nice pink marks that last for a short while, which I really love – lol.

As with any candle - the closer the candle is to your body, the more intense the experience will be. Try dropping the wax from various heights to experience different sensations. Always start from higher at the beginning and slowly lower the height as you feel comfortable.

Do bear in mind, that the wax dropped from a greater height will tend to ‘splash’ as it hits your skin – so I lay on a large towel to protect our bed.

Something fun to try, if your partner is comfortable being blindfolded - is secretly having some ice-cold water in a cup when using the candles, and occasionally dripping the water instead of the wax. You’ll be amazed at how your partner will think it is still the wax!

Btw, I love your avatar pic Monday Sixteenth! :D xx

Scorpius12 wrote:

I love wax play, and the candles from the bondage man are awesome. As I am in a D/s relationship, for me personally I find wax play very erotic (as I’m normally tied up at the time Ha Ha) – but its just as much about the emotional / trust side too.

The temperature that the wax melts determines the heat you feel from the wax when it reaches your body. Some candles that have a lower melting point can be used closer to the body, others have higher melting points and need to be held further away.

The Bondage Man’s candles are of the lower melting point variety. With these candles Mr Scorpius varies the height that he drips the wax from 12 inches (which gives a nice warming sensation) to 3 inches (which can be very intense), but still will not cause a burn for me – although I do get nice pink marks that last for a short while, which I really love – lol.

As with any candle - the closer the candle is to your body, the more intense the experience will be. Try dropping the wax from various heights to experience different sensations. Always start from higher at the beginning and slowly lower the height as you feel comfortable.

Do bear in mind, that the wax dropped from a greater height will tend to ‘splash’ as it hits your skin – so I lay on a large towel to protect our bed.

Something fun to try, if your partner is comfortable being blindfolded - is secretly having some ice-cold water in a cup when using the candles, and occasionally dripping the water instead of the wax. You’ll be amazed at how your partner will think it is still the wax!

Btw, I love your avatar pic Monday Sixteenth! :D xx

Thats sounds fun. Wax play is something that is new when we did a sex survey on each other recently and its something both of us want to try.

I love wax play, usually in a dom sub senario but that is my choice. Wax play is very sensuous but MUST be done properly with the right candles. From other postings above there is a lot of sound advice and I must emphasise do not use candles from the local D.I.Y. store.

I have had wax play on every part of my body at one time or another, the most erotic for me is genital area and breast area. If you are curious it might be best to start with someone who knows what they are doing as things can go wrong quite easily and a burn is not a nice outcome for something that is a wonderful sensation.

I am getting a little confused here.

If we buy those low temperature candles from Lovehoney and I stand over the Mrs whilst she is lay on the bed. Am I going to burn her or are they perfectly safe from this sort of height ?

mysteron wrote:

I am getting a little confused here.

If we buy those low temperature candles from Lovehoney and I stand over the Mrs whilst she is lay on the bed. Am I going to burn her or are they perfectly safe from this sort of height ?

The bondage candles sold on Lovehoney are all safe to use on your body, as they are 'low melt'. As I mentioned previously... the intensity / heat all depends upon the height that the wax is dropped from. For example, from 3 feet, the wax to me feels only warm/hot, not 'hot/hot', if that makes sense :) xx

Thanks because its something that both of us want to try

Thanks, Scorpius, very useful info!

mysteron wrote:

I would also suggest that you experiment on yourself before using it with your OH, that way you can gauge the feelings for yourself :) xx

Scorpius12 wrote:

mysteron wrote:

I would also suggest that you experiment on yourself before using it with your OH, that way you can gauge the feelings for yourself :) xx

What do you suggest something ilke an arm or leg?

mysteron wrote:

Scorpius12 wrote:

mysteron wrote:

Absolutely, as they are the easiest places to try on your own, but once you are happy, you could experiment on more intimate and sensitive areas like nipples, or the tops of your feet, inner thighs etc. :) xx

Scorpius12 wrote:

mysteron wrote:

Scorpius12 wrote:

mysteron wrote:

Absolutely, as they are the easiest places to try on your own, but once you are happy, you could experiment on more intimate and sensitive areas like nipples, or the tops of your feet, inner thighs etc. :) xx

Thanks thats very useful

Take care with some "bondage" candles. Years ago we bought some and they were HOT - HOT-HOT to use Scorp's scale. Some candles which you buy are better. See how hard the wax is with your nail. (softer the cooler melt) but also be aware of height and how long it has been melted if in a jar. The liquid wax can keep getting hotter.

Also put down an old sheet as you will find drops of wax splash a long way.

Enjoy.

AsYouWish! wrote:

Take care with some "bondage" candles. Years ago we bought some and they were HOT - HOT-HOT to use Scorp's scale. Some candles which you buy are better. See how hard the wax is with your nail. (softer the cooler melt) but also be aware of height and how long it has been melted if in a jar. The liquid wax can keep getting hotter.

Also put down an old sheet as you will find drops of wax splash a long way.

Enjoy.

Thanks mate. I will keep to the Lovehoney ones as it looks like that these are the safest. I think its something we will try later in the summer when it gets a bit hotter and your not so cold or free from drafts whilst naked on the bed. And interplay them with ice play as well .

Whilst on a similar topic are those massage oil candles work on the same principal as we got one of those for LH free with a massage book ?

I love wax play but iam a candle maker so i love candles full stop..back in the day ..ive used any candles from anywhere..it was hot and burnt..but a little drop here and there was fine as long as you dont pour it on hehe..these days i make massage candles and use them mainly..if i was to use normal candles i would make soya ones for the low burn heat xxx