Wevibe sync replaced by wevibe chorus?

Hi, I was looking at dipping a toe in and buying a wevibe toy to use with my wife. I was going to go down the line of the unite as I didn't feel that I needed the app. But having read the reviews and some are quite hit and miss I was going to save up for the sync as I want us to be able to decide what pattern and intensity without a hit and miss clumsy remote control. But I've recently noticed that the sync is being discontinued and it look like it's replacement is a wevibe chorus? Which is pretty darned pricey at Β£180! It's currently only got one review which says that the chorus is pretty darned good. Is anyone else considering buying the chorus? I'm thinking of keeping my powder dry until there are more reviews available. But it certainly sounds like it's been updated with a new 'touch' system that senses when you are having sex and adjusts it's vibrations accordingly! I also wanted to know if its a better fit than previous versions as there were quite a few reviews mentioning it slipping out when wet.. Can anyone advise please? I was considering the lovense lush 2 as that seems to get good reviews (certainly for its app and using it in public) but we wanted to use our new toy out in public but it doesn't really sound like it's designed for couples to use together during PIV sex. Just sound more like a remote control love egg.. We don't want to just buy something for that kind of money where maybe a wevibe would be better? Would really love to hear any thoughts on this. Thanks x

P. S sorry about not having formatted this. I did place lines on the post but they have disappeared after posting and my mobile doesn't seem to have the html editor features! Sorry folks will post from laptop next time 😊

We have not had the best of luck with the We Vibe range. We have tried three of the range so far and while the toys themselves have been excellent the Bluetooth remote operation has been problematic at best. Have a good look at all the reviews of these products before you spend a large amount of money on them.

Hello and welcome πŸ™‚

We've got the We-Vibe Chorus. We've only had it a couple of weeks, and there's a lot to get to grips with, but we're really impressed with it so far.

It's the only couple's toy that we've managed to use successfully during PIV. Mrs Chimp thought it was brilliant. I found it comfortable, but I couldn't really feel the vibes directly. You can adjust it, but we've tailored it to Mrs Chimp rather than to both of us, if that makes sense?

There's two adjustable joints that you can tweak to the right shape. I was a bit scared to click them at first as I didn't want to break it, but once I figured it out it wasn't quite as nerve-racking. They really do make a difference too. πŸ‘

We've got a few app toys (including another We-Vibe) and we've had no problems connecting/staying connected with any of them (apart from when my screen went to sleep, but I just changed the setting on my phone). The Chorus does have a new Ankerlink feature, which basically connects your phone to the toy remote, and then uses the toy remote to boost the signal to the toy. In the blurb it says that the water content of a human body can block/interfere with the Bluetooth signal, and this is their new workaround. Though, as I've not had connectivity issues I can't say for sure how effective it is?

The squeeze pad is on the remote rather than the toy, so it reacts to simple hand squeezes. It's pretty cool, but I wouldn't say that it's a 'must-buy' feature.

The We-Vibe app is great. I think it's the best one we've tried so far (the others being Desire, and Svakom). The 'create a vibe' and the playlist features are exactly what I want from an app toy. πŸ‘

I also think it's really strong and very quiet as well. And I also like the charging dock. πŸ™‚

And there's also a couple of tips on how to get paragraphs working in this thread. πŸ‘πŸ™‚

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1576978-helpful-tips-for-lovehoney-forum-use/page-3/

UPDATE: I've just looked at the on-line manual and it turns out there are touch sensors on the toy too. πŸ™‚ They're on the external bit under the We-Vibe logo. I will have to try them out later. πŸ™‚πŸ‘

"Chorus responds to your touch by using unique touch-sensitive receptors located on the top beneath the We-Vibe logo. As you play, your movements control the vibrations. Choose from three Touch-sense modes to find your ultimate pleasure.The three touch sense modes can be accessed through the We-ConnectTM app. To start, download the We-Connect app from Google Play or the App Store."

TOUCH-SENSE MODE 1

The vibrations respond to each touch by increasing and decreasing in vibration level, stepping up with each touch until ChorusTM reaches its maximum power, then stepping back down to the lowest setting before repeating this pattern.

TOUCH-SENSE MODE 2

Chorus’ vibrations will increase and then decrease in a slow wave pattern. Whenever you touch and hold Chorus’ sensors, either with a finger or by grinding against it, the vibration will rise and hold at that intensity. When you stop contact for three seconds or longer, the vibrations will return to the wave pattern.

TOUCH-SENSE MODE 3

Chorus’ vibrations will turn on when you or a partner are touching the sensors, and turn off as soon as you move away.

We used the Touch Sense feature last night and I thought that was a pretty cool function too. πŸ‘πŸ™‚ To start with I just touched it with my hand to activate the sensor while Mrs Chimp was wearing it, and that was surprisingly intimate. I think it helps that it's a hands-free toy, so neither of us had to hold it in place. I did try it later with my body, but having the Touch Sense active means that you can't change intensity via the app, or use the squeeze function on the remote, so we turned it off to mix it up a bit.

I couldn't connect to the app straight away last night, but I think that was because the remote had lost its link to the toy. After I reset it it connected to the app just fine. πŸ‘

I have the chorus and I’m pretty impressed with it however I would say it is a tech upgrade to the sync not a power upgrade (saying that both are pretty powerful). Personally I do think it is worth the extra money but it is just if you want the better control features.

I would quite happily bin all the tech features of the chorus, and yet still run back into my house on fire to rescue it. How anyone could use it for discreet fun in public is beyond me though: was too uncomfortable just wearing it around the house, and it does indeed fall out when you are wet. But the whole point was to be used during actual sex, and then it is absolutely worth its weight in gold.

1 Like

Gosig wrote:

How anyone could use it for discreet fun in public is beyond me though: was too uncomfortable just wearing it around the house, and it does indeed fall out when you are wet. But the whole point was to be used during actual sex, and then it is absolutely worth its weight in gold.

Mrs Chimp tried this last night and had a similar experience. Fantastic while lying down, borderline unwearable when standing up. Even with pants and jeans on gravity still said 'no'. It really is a fantastic couple's toy though. We tried it with the remote and no app last night, and the squeeze remote was actually a lot more fun when it wasn't competing with all the other functions.

Strangely reassuring that Mrs Chimp had a similar experience trying to wear the Chorus. With a toy so fabulous in its main feature and use, I do wonder why they felt the need to try and shoehorn in this extra use (wearable) and all the associated tech to go with it. This endeavour no doubt resulted in the associated hefty increase in price, when it is just so, so, very good on its own. Baffling.

I have to admit that I love the tech. πŸ™‚ It took me a good week or more to work it all out, but I think each of the control settings allows a bit of a different play style. The toy itself is excellent as a couple's toy, and I'm sure they could strip out some of the functions to make it simpler/cheaper, but I've had a lot of fun with all the options. It's a bit like 4 toys in one. πŸ™‚ I've just finished my review, and I had quite a hard time laying it all out as there was so much to say. πŸ™‚

I'm wondering if adding an extra toy to replace me would help it stay in when standing? Like a small silicone dildo, or something? I don't think I've got anything like that to try though (and Mrs Chimp is at work at the minute anyway πŸ™‚).

You have my empathy about the review, I had to chop a lot out to get it down to a size that the website would allow (about 950 words). So many features, so much to say! We probably spent more time trying to work out all the different tech features than what we did actually 'using' the toy...to be honest, when you get a completely unexpected and previously unacheivable orgasm within two minutes of your first use on a basic setting with the remote, I guess as much as we enjoyed fiddling with the tech side of things, it just didn't seem necessary! Good luck to Mrs Chimp if she can wear it with another toy in but, for me, the shape and size of the pad for clit stimulation I think would still make it uncomfortable to wear for any amount of time, even if it would stay put. Would be interesting to know if she does find a comfortable work-around.

Not sure if the OP is still following this thread, but there's a few extra reviews on the now (including mine πŸ™‚πŸ‘).

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=44215

Just seen this and am intrigued. We tried one of the previous products years ago which looking back I can see was a We Vibe 2 (bought in 2011, have we really been buying stuff off here for that long...).

We ended up sending the last one back as it didn't fit her very well missing the vital places to get her off. The reviews all seem to not have a problem with positioning. Ian, Gosig have you tried any of the previous versions and had similar issues? It's quite a pricey toy to get it wrong with and the satisfaction policy is not quite as relaxed as it was back in 2011!

NibbleNob wrote:

Ian, Gosig have you tried any of the previous versions and had similar issues? It's quite a pricey toy to get it wrong with and the satisfaction policy is not quite as relaxed as it was back in 2011!

I'm afraid we haven't tried the Sync or Unite to compare it to. I think the c-shaped vibes are a bit like rabbits when it comes to fitting your anatomy, and one size definitely doesn't fit all. The adjustable joints on the Chorus came in handy though, and I already wish that some of our rabbits had something like them. I can't say that they're going to be universal, but there's a good range to them (they only click up or down, so there's no twist to them).

Thanks Ian. Sounds like it’s worth a try when it’s a big discount day πŸ‘πŸ‘

Two years on and with a birthday trip away pending I’m considering one of these again. @Ian_Chimp, @Gosig and others who have them would you consider the expense worth paying for the Chorus? Mrs loves her pebbles externally with some G-spot interaction from me so in theory this should work for us but note my comments from an attempt with an earlier WeVibe 2 that didn’t fit her. I have a 20% discount code from customer service to use but it’s still an expensive toy if it is a novelty that finds it’s way to the back of the kinky drawer after only a bit of use.

Just seen that there is this from Lovehoney themselves too, could be an option at lower cost.

Personally, yes, it is worth it. But gosh it is difficult isn’t it because we all have such varied anatomy. Even for me, there are times whereby I have to have a few goes at re-positioning it to to hit the sweet spot. But it is still our go-to toy even after what feels like a couple of years worth of use. It has made me very lazy though, I love missionary now that I can orgasm from it! But as you say, it is a lot of money, and I had it as a tester item. If it broke tomorrow though, we would totally be buying a replacement.

Thanks @Gosig, that’s just the sort of glowing review I was hoping for, worth it if you reach for it most of the time and would replace if it dies. The Lovehoney one I linked after had quite a few poor reviews so discounted that again quickly. Be interested to see if @Ian_Chimp says he has to wrestle it away from Mrs C too.