What are the chances I’ve been sent a used rabbit by mistake?

I’ve just received the greedy girl 50 shades rabbit vibrator and I noticed a greasy fingerprint on the box, didn’t think too much of it and opened it up anyway as the sticker was intact. The rabbit itself had a few bits of dust on it (I imagine this is normal as it’s silicone). I noticed it was also on travel lock (again, idk if this is normal I assumed it would be dead and I’d need to charge it). Then when I inspected the box further there was another circle sticker at the bottom (it opens from the bottom too) and that had been covered with another sticker, the one underneath was just a half circle so wasn’t sealing the product, hence why another sticker was on top. I don’t know if I’m overthinking this as the product smells new and everything was in there, I guess I’m after some reassurance (or anyone else who has this dildo) really as I know how vigilant the returns team are I’m worried incase somethings been missed

2 Likes

Hi @Lavenderx, welcome to the forum! :wave:

I can’t comment on this toy in particular since I haven’t got it. I’d say it’s very unlikely but if you’re worried I’d email customer care and ask them. If you’re worried about it then you won’t enjoy the toy so it’s best to ask, they won’t mind. I have emailed them a few times and always had prompt and helpful answers. It might help if you took some photographs of the packaging and attach them to your email so that customer care can compare it to others. I imagine they will either be able to reassure you or they will send you a replacement.

1 Like

Having seen the Lovehoney documentary on tv, i’m pretty sure any returns such as toys are destroyed.

1 Like

As @WillC has said, as soon as Lovehoney gets a returned item it is destroyed/recycled (they used to let staff have a pick through some that were clearly unopened returns (at least that’s what I read somewhere), but obviously now that doesn’t happen :sweat_smile:). Currently they are only accepting unused/unopened products, and any toys are usually through the happiness promise and they are currently letting customers destroy/bin of those themselves and not having them be returned at all. It’s highly unlikely you got a used toy, it’s probably dirty from manufacturing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Also, most toys that have travel locks come with them enabled so the toy doesn’t turn on in transit :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Also I can confirm - as I own several of the 50 shades greedy girl rabbits (yeah, I kind of collect them…) - they do come with travel lock activated from new. Hope this helps put your mind at ease. Now, go play with your bunny, it’ll be your new best friend :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::rabbit:

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be concerned by this. Every rechargeable toy I’ve had has arrived with a fair bit of charge in its batteries (I imagine the manufacturers must test-charge a proportion of what comes off the production line), and I’ve often found that when I put a new toy on charge, it takes far less time to reach full charge than expected. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Unfortunately because I was picking at the stickers and such it definitely looks opened now so other than the second sticker and the fingerprint I don’t have much of a case, however the comments are putting my mind to rest on it, especially as the rabbit and it’s contents seemed untouched and unused (it still has that silicone smell rather than a clean soapy smell or a “I’ve been used” smell​:joy:) thank you for replying though, I’ll have a think about it before messaging customer services

1 Like

Thanks for replying, this has helped ease my mind, like I said the rabbit seems unused so I think at most it may have been opened, hence why they’ve had to put another clear sticker on top of the first one, the first sticker underneath is sliced in the middle you see, I think that’s the part that’s prompted me to write this as a fingerprint on the box and the dust can easily be from it being in the warehouse.

1 Like

Also, as a precaution i would clean any new toy before use, just to make sure it’s sterile after the manufacturing processs.

3 Likes

I always wash anything and everything :sweat_smile: You can never be too careful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

… it looks “Well done”
:grin: :grin: :grin:

Hi @Lavenderx :wave:
Welcome to the forum!

Just to reiterate what others have said, all the rechargeable toys I have have come with a pretty decent charge and the ones that have a travel lock come with it applied. That’s pretty standard.

Is the greasy print on the outside of the box? If so, it was probably from someone without the cleanest of hands moving it about in storage or packing it up. Sticker might also have been damaged at this point and replaced. Not ideal but as long as the contents were all pristine, charging cable wrapped properly, etc. I wouldn’t worry.

I have received items that have definitely been opened before but generally these are testers and have just been opened up for QC checks before being sent.

Enjoy your bunny!

3 Likes

Welcome @Lavenderx sniff it, lick it! Gota be sure like :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@WillC There’s a documentary? I would like to watch it, you don’t happen to know the name by any chance?

2 Likes

Hi, welcome to the forum. I’ve never had a problem with anything looking used or anything, but i always steralize any toys i get before use anyway & after each use. If you’re not comfortable with your purchase I’m sure they will work it out to your satisfaction.

It was a six part documentary called Frisky Business, on C4 i think.

1 Like

I’ve had this toy before and everything you explained is normal. A lot of toys come with their travel lock activated so they don’t turn on in transit. Some toys come half charged and some completely dead it depends on the individual toys. The finger print though it might of happened while they were making up your order it doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s been opened. If you are still worried about it, contact customer care.

2 Likes

Thanks!! Yes the fingerprint was just on the outside so I weren’t too concerned about that, I’m hoping it’s just been opened for checks or whatever, but like I said everything seemed to be in place, the wire was wrapped up and other than a bit of dust the vibrator looks completely unused, it’s silicone too so I’ll make sure to properly sanitise it anyway

1 Like

Hey welcome to the forum. I’d suggest it’s very unlikely you’d be sent a second hand toy as logically it’d not be hygienically proper to give a customer something like this in a used state.

It could be though that your item was used in a demo video to show what it looks like and how to work it, hence the box being opened and all the other stuff you mentioned. I’d say maybe send a customer service email to query this if your still concerned. Also as recommended with any new toys, you should thoroughly wash them before use :relieved:

1 Like

I’ve just realised there’s a sticker on the box with a “QC” I’m assuming that means it’s been quality checked? Which would absolutely explain why it was opened and resealed, I can’t believe I noticed everything except that sticker!! Feel a bit silly now :rofl:

3 Likes