What are your favourite smells?

I was going to reply to a comment with this but the moment passed so I thought I’d create a topic for it! What are your favourite smells? Do you love the smell of something you think you shouldn’t?

I adore the smell of freshly sanded wood (think disk sander), it’s not quite burnt but kind of smells that way!

13 Likes

I love the smell of petrol, cakes/bread baking, food frying in animal fat, the smell of my dog when he snuggles to my face. Most of those smells trigger nostalgic memories. Like my nan’s cooking, my childhood dog etc.

5 Likes

Definitely petrol, freshly cut grass and that clean baby smell.

3 Likes

Petrol, my rabbit’s head when I cuddle her, my partner… especially when he’s been super active (makes me all growly :joy:)

2 Likes

The smell of woodshavings, anything with Patchouli ( takes me way back to my youth!) and the smell of those cheap plastic kids umbrellas that you used to be able to buy many years ago …a bit of a weird one I know but it makes me think back to childhood holidays in a caravan :thinking: :relaxed:

7 Likes

Ah @Lovehoney_Brenna you beat me to it! I was about to start a thread on this! :smile:

Petrol, Diesel, hot tar - I love the smell and they all make me feel…tingly :shushing_face: :blush:

2 Likes

I love Scent of course I do as it’s part of my kink, I use to love cigarette smoke that’s probably what made me start smoking, but since I stopped I hate the smell.

What I love is the smell in the summer when it’s been hot and then it rains, I can’t remember what it’s called someone jog my memory please.

2 Likes

Petrichor I think its called @teacake

3 Likes

Gingerbread, Cinnamon, Aviation fuel exhaust gas, when your plane lands in sunnier climes.

Obviously pheromones when the OH is sexually excited.

Very rarely do i smell patchouli at gigs anymore, such a shame!

3 Likes

Wet dog smell :joy: cherry, gingerbread, lemon, baking, petrol, coffee, some perfumes…

2 Likes

@wildflower that’s the name thanks​:blush:

1 Like

I have a bottle of Patchouli and still pop a bit on now and then as a fragrance. I also mix it with a base oil and use it as skincare .

2 Likes

I like the sea smell, fresh salty air.

Oh and parma violets. That delicious violet :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I love the smell of dogs ears!

3 Likes

The smell of wood-fires burning on a still, cold evening is a gloriously nostalgic smell for me. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

100% things that trigger happy thoughts and memories of times gone. Wet horse and as @wildflower mentioned, woodshavings definitely have a magical smell.

Controversial, I know, but I also love the smell of fireworks (not the noise for surrounding animals) but the visual and the smell is wonderful.

Around the house I tend to go for Jasmine and for body sprays often go for ones that contain amber. Decided that’s a favourite.

3 Likes

Cinnamon around the house is very Christmassy! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Ahhhh the sweet smell of Cordite, now this I love too! :drooling_face: Are we weird? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Should we be worried… :astonished::astonished::astonished: The smell of cordite… :cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face: