What can I say the packages are?

Hi everyone =D

well as some of you may know I still live with my mum and obviously I buy from Lovehoney

Now recently me mum has started asking whats in the boxes I'm getting, now seeing as it's Christmas time I can just say don't be nosey it's presents.

Mum my stays down Kent half the year so it won't be a problem then, but she is here for about 5/6 months of the year.

So my question is what do I say when she asks me what's in the boxes?

I used to have really nosy flatmates and I had the same problem, I normally just said books, makeup or clothes (socks, underwear etc so they wouldn't ask to see them) and made a fuss about how big the box was for 'such a small thing' haha. I have a couple of hobbies that they weren't really interested in so sometimes I'd tell them it was to do with those, if you have a hobby?

Or if you already have an item say an electric shaver or something along those lines in case they ask to see it, but if opened accidentally, just say it's for a friend who's afraid to order it at her own address.

The answer is simple "if I told you it would ruin the surprise"

Items from eBay....??? Something really boring - ?

What do your or your Boyfriend do for a living, could they be work related?

you could say they are cosmetics/toiletries the smaller boxes are the right size to fit in a bottle of bubble bath

Just say you do a lot of shopping on-line as it's cheaper anything from sanitary product, ink cartridges to clothes or buying birthday presents in advance...
Someone posted on a similar thread that she told her mum she was a sex toy tester and it was an array of vibrators and bondage gear. her mums reply was "well if you're going to be sarcastic I'm not going to ask"!

tell her they are sex toys. She will never ever ask you again :)

If she types into google the phrase on the box [edited to prevent the exact problem described ;) -Stephanie] it will tell her the website which is what I worry about when mine arrive.... lol

After mum being nosey in my room and opening a box which had some bondage stuff in it. We now have a don't ask policy, when she gets a little bit nosey and goes 'ooo what's in the box' I just say to her, don't ask those questions unless you really want to know the answer. She's now stopped asking.

RubberStrumpet wrote:

I like this, and it would probably work, although it's unlikely you will want to do this lol

Steve-O2013 wrote:

If she types into google whats on the box (-- -------) it will tell her the website which is what I worry about when mine arrive.... lol

Same here with our kids! The elder two are teenagers and I've ordered a lot of stuff from LH lately. They've been asking what the parcels are and obviously I've been telling them they're Christmas presents but they're not stupid and I know for a fact they'll Google [the phrase] to see where these 'presents' have comes from!

As student, I have easy escape. I just tell books. Considering I have extensive library... It does not come as surprise :-D

I just don't understand the googling part, I mean yeah I know it'll show up. But never once have I considered googling something on a label for someone elses post! lol.

SJR92 wrote:

I just received 3 parcels from LH, the Postman had a funny look on his face aha

I remember the fedex guy giving me funny looks when I last got a parcel from Lovehoney delivered by FedEx... Makes me wonder if he is also Lovehoney customer

FrozenAngel wrote:

I just don't understand the googling part, I mean yeah I know it'll show up. But never once have I considered googling something on a label for someone elses post! lol.

Me neither but these are the minds of teenagers who will be dying to know what their Christmas presents are and finding out where they've been ordered from would give them a possible clue!

delilahxx wrote:

RubberStrumpet wrote:

I like this, and it would probably work, although it's unlikely you will want to do this lol

Totally agree!

Gem26 wrote:

The answer is simple "if I told you it would ruin the surprise"

Love this!

Sarah 77 wrote:

FrozenAngel wrote:

Me neither but these are the minds of teenagers who will be dying to know what their Christmas presents are and finding out where they've been ordered from would give them a possible clue!

Aha I'd love to see your teeenagers faces if they do try to find out where their Christmas present is from and end up here!

Lollipop ;) wrote:

obviously I buy from Lovehoney

GASP! I am so astonished.

Seriously though, try passing it off as something that wont stay in the house. Perhaps food, or say that you are getting parcels for a poor deprived friend in australia who doesn't have access to uk stores and you are mailing it on.

That way they wont expect to see new stuff all the time.