What cheered me up recently

Thanks mate @WiilC

1 Like

Wendy House for your OH, massive kit for you! :wink:

1 Like

That’s lovely! We had two in our garden a while ago - definitely a couple. Lots of beak pecking, wing hugging and general happiness.

There was a baby crow in difficulty in our street last year - while the story didn’t end happily (the baby crow must have been quite poorly), what was amazing was that so many crows perched on the roof tops and made a huge noise - they were obviously looking out for one of their own.

I get that mammals can watch out for their species - that showed me that birds can too.

Also bird related: our back garden is a bog for half the year. But during lockdown my desk looks out on the garden, and there are so many birds sploshing around in that muddy water. When I was a child I had book of garden birds, and I’m finding that I still know what type they are now, eons later…

So, I hope that has provided enough sex tips for today… :+1: :laughing:

3 Likes

@WillC that’s it mate :+1::beer::pray:

1 Like

Lousy day at work. cheered me up logging off.

2 Likes

yeah, I never realised wood pigeons were so devoted to each other but I see these two doing the same.

I enjoy and encourage bird life in my garden and must be on a migration root for geese which are spectacular but I grow things so it is always a balancing act. Cherries and strawberries are prime targets and starlings love the apple tree. Partridges might keep out of my pear tree but they are the worst in the spring devouring pea and bean shoots. Best of all though I have a community of sparrows which hang out in some blackberries which I purposely leave wild.

3 Likes

There is a little tree in my front garden (I was going to say bush, more accurately, but this is Lovehoney) - I remember it from being a child - which has loads of red berries and tiny little dark green shiny leaves. No idea what it is but the little birds - finches, tits and sparrows - love the berries.

Blimey - lockdown life, eh?

4 Likes

Great news @Gazza_64, well deserved mate :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks mate @Knight1119 it will not be in the bank long when it comes but you know what! What the hell we will enjoy spending it my OH has plans and so do I :+1::hugs:

2 Likes

Have a great time @Gazza_64 :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Will do under socially distance guidelines mate @Knight1119

1 Like

The look on my mom’s face when i just took her the hair rinse in the particular colour she likes that i managed to get off a certain auction site. She has struggled to find it with the lockdown etc. So it made her day! :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

With a tinge of lockdown sadness, restarting my decorating, bringing it down the landing. I never thought decorating would be something that cheered me up but I’m liking the way the house is looking now I have nothing better to do.

3 Likes

@chunkyKitKat’s beautiful smile

2 Likes

The comforting sound of rain battering against my windows, knowing that I am lucky enough to be safe and dry inside my house and that I have a choice:
to run in the rain and take on the weather, which I weirdly quite enjoy too.

3 Likes

Just got home after a pretty busy day and just coming straight to the sofa, lights off and just listening to the rain patter away - my ultimate favourite sound.

3 Likes

Logging off work.

4 Likes

“Going” to the National Gallery to see Gossaert’s ‘Adoration of Kings’ and hear poet Theresa Lola read ‘Look at the Revival’

2 Likes

@Knight1119 a trooper mate take a bow :man_bowing:

1 Like

My dog sitting next to me, leaning against me with his head on my shoulder…unconditional love. Such a welcome daily mood lifter. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes