What cheered me up recently

I am lucky enough to have 3!

• had my first COVID vaccine
  • got confirmation that the bonus for NHS Scotland staff will be in next months pay
  • unexpected morning sex with multiple orgasms before work :heart:
11 Likes

The sky washed clean after the wind and the fresh early morning of a new day.

Not my words but Hemingway. Reading his works cheers me up. I love the beautiful simplicity of some of his sentences. Further in the same paragraph from this novel which, written in the 1950s, embraces transgender, three-way relationships:
They both looked fresh and young and as attractive as the wind washed sky.
The ‘wind washed sky’ out of my front window looks extremely attractive right now and it was perfect to be reading this passage this morning after such a stormy week

4 Likes

Currently dating someone and we’re right in that sweet sweet honeymoon period where it’s all sunshine and rainbows and late night chats. Feeling very loved and very happy.

12 Likes

Really happy for you @VanillaWithSprinkles, also nice to hear your doing ok, not seen you about lately

1 Like

Thanks lovely. I hope you and the wife are doing well. Miss everyone on here and am trying to get back into the swing of posting again.

2 Likes

Yeah we both doing good thanks, good luck with the relationship and I hope you do drop by a little more :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just saw a news item about a dog waiting outside a hospital in Turkey on a daily basis while it’s owner was a patient. To see them reunited upon his release was heartwarming! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Just home from the most beautiful walk with my OH. So good to get out and just breathe in the fresh air.

9 Likes

Literally just done exactly the same. Feels so good to be out the house

7 Likes

“when the snow lay 'round about, gathering winter fuel”
Although I don’t think of myself as ‘a poor man’, compared with Good King Wenceslas, everything is relative I guess. After some overnight flurries, the irony of my situation dawned on me as I collected some logs for my stove and brought a big smile to my face
:snowflake: :fire: :grinning:

5 Likes

Just back from my Sunday morning run, lovely crisp frosty countryside, no one about just me and the wildlife, oh and Meatloaf and Freddie Mercury belting them out in my ears, it’s so good to feel alive and invigorated. :man_cartwheeling:

3 Likes

Technically today, as I was up until 4am, watching Team UK emerge victorious over Italy, in probably one of the closest races in the 170 year history of the America’s Cup. With nine lead changes in the half hour race and sailboats travelling at close to 60mph, Ben Ainslie’s crew sealed the win with just yards to go to progress to the finals of the qualifying Prada Cup.

3 Likes

Beauty on my doorstep.

Going for a dog walk in the sunshine and snow, feeding the ducks and moorhens, appreciating the beauty on my doorstep. Really mood lifting and costs nothing! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Some suggestions of hilarious metal mash ups to watch really brightened my day! :joy:

2 Likes

@WillC great pics!

2 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Same here. Locked down, it was great to wrap up and stride out in the open countryside, blue skies and sunshine, showing off its snowy vistas. A far cry from conversations over the weekend with friends from London saying how crowded their parks are. I saw three people in an hour.

3 Likes

We saw a few people, all cheery and saying good morning!

2 Likes

Came out as publicly dating my new man tonight which is very cute :heart_eyes: big step in the right direction

13 Likes

Ahhh so happy for you @VanillaWithSprinkles. Congrats :clap:t2:

1 Like